Goalkeeper gloves should be banned

foolsgold

Should go to kids parks football rules when no one wanted to be keeper, "nearest netter", any player in the team can be goalie at any time. Closet defender to the goal line becomes the keeper and can use hands (no gloves obviously though)

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Ban goalkeepers over 5 foot high

RoyH1

Goalkeepers gloves are needed to protect keepers hands as much as stopping the ball.

While I can follow the arguments about keepers being much bigger now than when the size of goalposts was established, it would be extremely expensive and difficult to change on a global scale.

I'd rather we look at the offside rule and tinker with it

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Ban goalkeepers over 5 foot high
Was just thinking this, but allow two or three in goal at any one time. Or just use children under 4'10. They'll have more energy for picking themselves up from the corners of the netting.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Was just thinking this, but allow two or three in goal at any one time. Or just use children under 4'10. They'll have more energy for picking themselves up from the corners of the netting.
But can they wear gloves of it is cold?

EDIT maybe gloves soaked in fairy liquid for extra slipperiness

LochGormanAbú

Supports
Liverpool
I’m pretty sure goalposts were created by a Scottish team in the late 1800s. I remember an argument saying the average male was around 4 to 5 inches shorter then than it is now.

So the idea of increasing the size of the goal is not actually that far out.
Footballers have become more athletic, stronger, faster etc. Balls have become much lighter and quicker when hit, pitches are generally far better. Other sports like golf for instance have made scoring harder due to the development of tech and human athleticism.

Oranges038

Ban gloves, ban shin guards and allow pointed steel studs and steel toe boots.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
But can they wear gloves of it is cold?

EDIT maybe gloves soaked in fairy liquid for extra slipperiness
I've no objection to the Fairy Liquid but if there are concerns about them keeping warm we'll have them take turns running around the goal if their side loses possession in their own half.