Goalkeeper Merry-Go-Round

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Notice Courtois not in the squad for Real again today. Do we think there is any chance of Courtois to Athletico, De Gea to Real and then Oblak to us?

To be honest I think this situation could suit all three clubs, especially if Athletico get some money out of it. Would you be happy with it? How could such a deal be brokered?

United Pro

There's probably more of a chance of a swap deal of de Gea for Courtious and money. Although, Oblak would probably be the only replacement that isn't a downgrade.

Dan_F

Would love Oblak as a replacement. Mainly due to my girlfriend being Slovenian and supporting Chelsea.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If De Gea doesn’t want to be here and Oblak does then I’m all for it, I’m tired of this soap opera now.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Courtois won't leave Madrid, and Athletico fans loved him, which is why I felt it could work.

Thomas Hunter

Courtois left England to be closer to his family, so there's no way he is coming back. Best case scenario would be indeed if Courtois goes to Atletico then Oblak to United and DDG to Real. Honestly I would be happy with this, in a way I kinda want De Gea to go to Real; he wants it, he is spanish, he deserves it, he's been exemplary during his time here and gave his all for the club so I think we can give him this.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
If DDG doesn't sign a new contract and it's Madrid he wants to go to (and he shouldn't be fussed if it's Real or Atletico in that case), I'd swap him for Oblak.

Homecoming for DDG and we get an absolute top quality replacement.

1st choice is he signs a new long term contract and finally wins the stuff he deserves.

Sid234

If we're selling DDG then we should give Dean Henderson a shot. I think he has the potential to be the future England GK.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Atleti fans hate courtois now. So no chance.

Straight swap de Gea for Oblak is hard too as Atleti won't be able to afford DDG'S wages without us subsidizing.

DDG to PSG or Juve is more likely.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Whatever happens, please don't get Courtois. Guy can't keep his legs crossed whenever he's 1 vs 1

Alex1982

Since when has Courtois been rated so badly?

Last I recall he was considered one of the best keepers in the premier league, second only to DDG

Hoboman

What is the point of replacing DDG with Oblak? He has the same weaknesses as De Gea.

You just replacing one tremendious shot stopper with another, who is, in addition, not tested in EPL.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Notice Courtois not in the squad for Real again today. Do we think there is any chance of Courtois to Athletico, De Gea to Real and then Oblak to us?

To be honest I think this situation could suit all three clubs, especially if Athletico get some money out of it. Would you be happy with it? How could such a deal be brokered?
I don't rate Oblak... much rather someone else of just go with Romero who is better than him

Needham

Would love Oblak as a replacement. Mainly due to my girlfriend being Slovenian and supporting Chelsea.
Don't understand. You mean Oblak's signing guarantees you more freggensdorf?

daveskimufc

I don't want de gea to leave, but at this point I do feel sorry for him, best keeper in the world, imho, even if it's not his greatest season.

I don't rate courtois at all, I'd rather raid Burnley for Pope or Heaton. Yes really ..

Dan_F

Don't understand. You mean Oblak's signing guarantees you more freggensdorf?
It would just really annoy her, as Oblak is their best player for some time. So naturally he’s well liked by Slovenians. She passionately hates United.

Basically I’m a dick.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I expect that Woodward won't want to splash the cash on a keeper and back romero and Henderson to do the job as a way of showing that de gea wasn't worth the money after all.

Affirmation

I really don't get this notion that we have to go into this Summers Transfer Window and spend a large amount of our budget to potentially replace David De Gea. Why do so when we already have a solid Goalkeeper at our club in Sergio Romero who deserves more games, not to mention a potential England "number one" with Dean Henderson who has became a fan favourite at each club he has been at whilst out on Loan. I just don't see the value of spending a large amount on a position we already have covered when we have so many other positions that need addressed in the upcoming Transfer Window.

Flytan

I expect that Woodward won't want to splash the cash on a keeper and back romero and Henderson to do the job as a way of showing that de gea wasn't worth the money after all.
Which as long as we spend the cash in other areas wouldn't be the absolute worst thing. Romero has always done well for us. Obviously not at the level of Oblak/De Gea but we could spend money and improve massively at RB/CB/Midfield/RW for a smaller downgrade.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Atleti fans hate courtois now. So no chance.

Straight swap de Gea for Oblak is hard too as Atleti won't be able to afford DDG'S wages without us subsidizing.

DDG to PSG or Juve is more likely.
Dortmund fans have hated Götze and now all is fine again.

If Courtois would go to Atletico and would play very well then everything would be fine too.