Goalkeepers preceding Onana (in my lifetime)

Spaghetti

Mom's
Some wonderful and ridiculous goalkeepers.

And it’s saying a lot when O’Shea wasn’t even the worst.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
GB wanted to see if he could remember all the United goalkeepers in his time supporting the club.
Now that it's clear he can't, we will no longer consider him a "Top Red".

garelo

love the fact that fergie had little to zero patience with goalkeepers. dave wouldve had been binned 4-5 years earlier under him.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Some of these keepers definitely had a golden blunder in them, occasionally

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I don’t understand this thread
Been meaning to do it since Onana was signed. A look at some of the characters that have been custodians of the goal. Some good and not so good memories to stimulate conversation which doesn’t include moaning about Mount, murtough, if Højlund is good enough, greenwood and all the other toxic threads doing the rounds

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Been meaning to do it since Onana was signed. A look at some of the characters that have been custodians of the goal. Some good and not so good memories to stimulate conversation which doesn’t include moaning about Mount, murtough, if Højlund is good enough, greenwood and all the other toxic threads doing the rounds
It’s good that you made a post per goalkeeper because otherwise I wouldn’t have understood where one goalkeeper finished and the next started

golden_blunder

Staff
It’s good that you made a post per goalkeeper because otherwise I wouldn’t have understood where one goalkeeper finished and the next started
1. There is a limit to the amount of photos per post
2. It’s easier to quote whichever one is the keeper you’re talking about

golden_blunder

Staff
Maybe you’re right @Pexbo

maybe I’m silly for trying to get people to talk about something different for a change.

hey go ahead and talk in the same toxic threads Infinity

crossy1686

career ending
I remember just how bleak our GK situation was post Schmikes and up until VDG. Fecking desperate at times.

First thing I would do on Champ Manager was sign Sebastian Frey or Santiago Canizares, if I wanted to waste my entire budget I'd sign Toldo.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I remember just how bleak our GK situation was post Schmikes and up until VDG. Fecking desperate at times.

First thing I would do on Champ Manager was sign Sebastian Frey or Santiago Canizares, if I wanted to waste my entire budget I'd sign Toldo.
I always used to sign the mental Paraguayan who scored free kicks, can’t remember his name now

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
why we didn't go for him when he was leaving juventus ?
Same reason no other big club did I think. He pretty much shat the bed at Juve, his stock was very low.

crossy1686

career ending
its a shame.. we would have won more trophies if he didn't go to fullham and waste his time.
So I googled it and it seems the previous world record fee for a GK in 2001 when he left Juventus was Peruzzi from Inter to Lazio the year before (2000) for £15,7m, before that the WR for a keeper was Pagliuca from Sampdoria to Inter for £7m in 1994.

Van Der Sar went for £7m to Fulham, which would puts him in the most expensive keepers ever category of the time, but in the same year Buffon went to Juventus from Parma for £33m which is why VDS left Juventus in the first place.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Maybe you’re right @Pexbo

maybe I’m silly for trying to get people to talk about something different for a change.

hey go ahead and talk in the same toxic threads Infinity
You've done a good thing. That's the problem with Pexbo and all of the other snowflake liberal ***** on this forum; they're always bringing agendas into the discussion for no reason.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I'd have left Barthez out, on the grounds that he was an utter clown. Drive me absolutely barmy and I said on day one he would be a disaster area

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
This thread makes me feel very old... I can remember far too many before Chris Turner (who, I felt, was very underrated just because he was only 3ft 2in tall!). Stepney/Paddy Roche anybody? Roche was The Doc's blindspot...

Sparky Rhiwabon

Who is our best back up keeper of all time? Sealey? Van Der Gouw? Lindegaard? Romero?

I think Van der Gouw or is that just me being sentimental?