Goalpost should be made out of rubber

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They should remove goals entirely

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Why even play in stadiums

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I say go the other way and make them out of razors.

FatTails

Not sure about rubber. Maybe wood? Is wood soft enough to preserve one’s wood?

Pickle85

Or maybe some kind of elastic to catapult the offending player back from whence they came at high velocity

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
They should be made out of a synthetic material. Coincidentally my factory happens to make that material, FIFA should sign an exclusive contract with me

Pickle85

They should be made out of a synthetic material. Coincidentally my factory happens to make that material, FIFA should sign an exclusive contract with me
No business plan and if this is all the detail you have for me on materials, I'm sorry *dramatic pause* but I'm out.

Revan

Assumptionman
With the advances in technology, they should just be holograms.

OleBoiii

Unless the rubber is hilariously elastic you're only really gonna decrease the pain by 5% :lol:

Last edited:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I think they should be made of breadsticks, so if you scissor into one at high speed it just snaps

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Goalposts are fine. If anything, make the shorts out of rubber so players just bounce back off them when they're heading for a nut crusher.

alquemyst

Fair enough that you could just project them with strong light and they’d be very well visible for the players and audience :D but what if the ball touches the laser
If the ball or anyone touch the laser they explode. We either go full batshit into techy football or not.

Alan Partridge

It should be made of invisible lasers, then we can just leave VAR to work out if it’s goal or not.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Should be made out of stripper poles - somewhere for subs to warm up too

Look-a-Hill

Or maybe some kind of elastic to catapult the offending player back from whence they came at high velocity
This is what I was thinking when reading the title. Imagine the drama of being through on goal, the ball being smashed against the crossbar, ricocheting back into the other half and starting a counter.

El Zoido

Unless the rubber is hilariously elastic you're only really decrease the pain by 5% :lol:
Exactly, make them super elastic so that the ball can get cannoned off. Imagine hitting a shot so hard, it hits the post and stretches back and then gets launched up field. Could make the game a lot more exciting.

Revan

Assumptionman
It should be made of invisible lasers, then we can just leave VAR to work out if it’s goal or not.
Indeed. And to prevent time-wasting from the team who is winning, the teams must not know if it was a goal or not. While there, the fans should not know it, in order to raise the suspense.

Then after ninety minutes, the result is declared. The winning team celebrates by saying 'shame shame shame' to the losing one.

Balljy

Fair enough that you could just project them with strong light and they’d be very well visible for the players and audience :D but what if the ball touches the laser
The ball would have to be made of a strong light projection as well so it can be simulated bouncing off the not-real goal posts.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Nothing wrong with goalposts as such, people should stop moving them.

CG1010

Ball can also be a laser projection.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
And you get bonus points for hitting the woodwork with a ball (especially those top corners).

Red Star One

Charlie Foley

Is it the same synthetic material that makes the giant dildo your username pays homage to? Is that what your factory does?