Film Godfather vs OUATIA

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Godfather 1 vs Once Upon A Time in America. For those who've watched both movies, which do you prefer?

This one is hard for me. Godfather has more rewatchability value for me, I'll pretty much always watch it when it's on TV.

But as far as first time watching experience goes, OUATIA wins it for me. That movie stuck in my mind for days. And it's just a bit more dark and gritty than the Godfather.

Last edited:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Both are incredible and very different films. Hard choice, love them both and I almost don’t want to try.

If it was absolute life nor death though, maybe Godfather for repeat viewing capacity but only that.

SuperiorXI

The Godfather for me. So many classic scenes and all time world class performances. It's one of those films that should be watched by everyone.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Definitely Godfather. OUATIA was beautifully made but I wasn't anywhere near as interested as I was The Godfather, which is basically a sequence of memorable scenes that also hang together on a perfectly told story.

Vernon Philander

OUTIA for me. Such a profound movie, lingers in mind long after viewing (even on repeat watches).

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Once Upon a Time in America is a great film which I love but I find the final chapter shoddy, both in the writing and the editing. I know it was a notoriously tough edit but I'd like a version without the return of max and the hokey dream logic.

The Godfather is as close to a perfect movie.

Carolina Red

Staff
Godfather 1 vs Once Upon A Time in America. For those who've watched both movies, which do you prefer?

This one is hard for me. Godfather has more rewatchability value for me, I'll pretty much always watch it when it's on TV.

But as far as first time watching experience goes, OUATIA wins it for me. That movie stuck in my mind for days. And it's just a bit more dark and gritty than the Godfather.
That’s a tough question, especially as I absolutely love a good mafia movie.

Godfather for me but by a very slim margin, mostly because I think the ending of OUATIA is a bit messy.

Last edited: