Going for the near-post finish every time

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I get it can be effective in moderation, as it can catch the keeper out especially if his view is blocked by defenders. And Solskjær was pretty good at squeezing them in this way in his day. But he seems to have drummed it into our forwards a bit too much. Rashford and Greenwood almost always go for it, and now Martial - whose natural finish has always been the far-post curler (Henry’s signature finish) - has followed suit.

It’s doing my head in a bit, as it’s become a bit predictable, we haven’t scored many of them, and they’re not as aesthetically pleasing as the far-post curlers IMO.

Anyway the three lads need to mix it up a bit.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Neither Rashford or Greenwood do it all the time. It's been a bit more recently, but it's nothing to worry about really. Martial in fairness just needs to keep registering shots on goal (and going with his left foot when he needs to when trying to get in front of a defender).

RUCK4444

I get it can be effective in moderation, as it can catch the keeper out especially if his view is blocked by defenders. And Solskjær was pretty good at squeezing them in this way in his day. But he seems to have drummed it into our forwards a bit too much. Rashford and Greenwood almost always go for it, and now Martial - whose natural finish has always been the far-post curler (Henry’s signature finish) - has followed suit.

It’s doing my head in a bit, as it’s become a bit predictable, we haven’t scored many of them, and they’re not as aesthetically pleasing as the far-post curlers IMO.

Anyway the three lads need to mix it up a bit.
Yeah I’ve noticed it being a bit more prevalent recently with our forwards, it’s probably helping to hinder their goals coring output.

Most of the time those are saved.