Golden boot race 2021/2022

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The contenders are probably Lukaku (3), Ronaldo (2), Bruno (4), Salah (2) and Kane (0). You can make a case for others if you want (maybe Vardy and Aubameyang), but i think we can agree those are the main ones.

So, who's your money on?

Sylar

Salah
I would say Lukaku if he were to take penalties for Chelsea (guessing he wont)

cyberman

Ronaldo. Has to be really. He will eat 80 percent of the teams alive In this league.

Jack-C20

Was sent off earlier but feck it I’m going for Antonio. I’ll never back our players as that’ll obviously jinx them.

lilcurt

The contenders are probably Lukaku (3), Ronaldo (2), Bruno (4), Salah (2) and Kane (0). You can make a case for others if you want (maybe Vardy and Aubameyang), but i think we can agree those are the main ones.

So, who's your money on?
I will go for Ronaldo. Think the only other contender is Lukaku.

I actually think Kane is going into a deep decline now, injuries have caught up to him and he just seems to lack mobility. Also playing in a Nuno team really won't help him. Biggest mistake of his career signing that Spurs contract, missed his chance at a big club now as next season will be the Haaland race.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I think he will
Take pens? I really doubt it.

Tuchel subbed of his goalie because someone else had a better record in saving them. I can't imagine he'll drop Jorginho (although I have no idea about Lukaku's record).

I do think your main goalscorer should take pens though. Goals are good for confidence.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Kane was invisible today. I wonder how much not being sold has got in his head?

Dazzmondo

It will be either Ronaldo or Lukaku. Salah 3rd. Next highest scorers will probably be Kane, Antonio and DCL. Maybe Edouard and Ings could also sneak in. I think this will be Kane's lowest scoring season for a while.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I will go for Ronaldo. Think the only other contender is Lukaku.

I actually think Kane is going into a deep decline now, injuries have caught up to him and he just seems to lack mobility. Also playing in a Nuno team really won't help him. Biggest mistake of his career signing that Spurs contract, missed his chance at a big club now as next season will be the Haaland race.
Had injury issues for years, he will go on a run at some point, like he usually does.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If Ronaldo can snag the pens he has every chance.

It's not even a surprise he's strolled straight back into this league after a decade out and instantly bagged a double.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
If Ronaldo can snag the pens he has every chance.

It's not even a surprise he's strolled straight back into this league after a decade out and instantly bagged a double.
Merson, Sourness et al. disagree.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Tuchel subbed of his goalie because someone else had a better record in saving them. I can't imagine he'll drop Jorginho (although I have no idea about Lukaku's record).

I do think your main goalscorer should take pens though. Goals are good for confidence.
Lukaku took 15 and scored 15 in two seasons at Inter. No idea about his record prior to that. Jorginho has definitely missed a couple in that time but his overall career record is excellent.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Lukaku took 15 and scored 15 in two seasons at Inter. No idea about his record prior to that. Jorginho has definitely missed a couple in that time but his overall career record is excellent.
I personally hate Jorginho's style. I also hated Hazards.

I'm an old fart when it comes to penalties, I want and long run up and a blast.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Ronaldo will get 25+ and it should be enough unless Lukaku goes on fire. Not sure Salah will hit the numbers of last season, especially if he's starting to think about leaving.

OverratedOpinion

Ronaldo, Kane, Lukaku, Salah, Calvert Lewin, Bruno in that order.

Edit: Imagine if this is right.

Sylar

If Ronaldo and Bruno are both in the race come the end of the season united would be in a huge shout for the title given the number of goals they would have between them

Dembeza

Ronaldo my boy!

I believe Greenwood has an outside chance if he isn’t subjected to heavy rotation

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Omitting shootouts (where Jorginho has been struggling recently), Lukaku is at 30/35 and Jorginho is at 29/34. Lukaku also hasn't missed since August of 2017 whilst Jorginho just missed against Sommer 6 days ago.

More broadly, I think Sommer's technique might mark a death knell for Jorginho's hop - Sommer feinted right prior to the hop so then diving back down to his left was straightforward. I'd expect Lukaku to be on penalties personally given the data - especially if it's weighted towards recent performance as you'd expect.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Bump. Here are the standings going into the final stretch.

1. Salah - 22
2. Son - 17
3. Ronaldo - 17
4. Jota - 15
5. Mane - 14

Jota and Mane probably don't have a chance and Salah will probably get it but his goals have dried up a bit over the last couple of months.

Blood Mage

Who would've thought Lukaku wouldn't even crack the top 5. City might win the league without having a top 5 goal-scorer!

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Who would've thought Lukaku wouldn't even crack the top 5. City might win the league without having a top 5 goal-scorer!
Ivan Toney is currently higher than any City player on the PL goal scorer list. Pep's done incredibly well considering they clearly don't have a goal scorer.

Ole'sattheWheel

definitely gonna be salah. Props to ronny though - imagine him in city's team. He'd have about 35 in the league already

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Its been quite low scoring this season hasn't it?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Its been quite low scoring this season hasn't it?
I don't think so it's not often more than a couple of players break 20 league goals by seasons end.

Usually 3 or 4 and that was when the league had Aguero, Auba to go with Salah and Kane. And a peak Vardy.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Alisson and Ederson shared the golden glove and Son and Salah shared the golden boot.