Good players currently at a low stock

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We've seen the revival of the Ruben Neves thread after Wolves had a season to forget and they do play some tumescent football. He used to frequently be mentioned as an option for City or others, and the price bandied about was pure extortion.

Now though, Mr. Raheem Sterling seems to be out of favour at City and they - apparently - need want to sell before they buy more expensive toys. People on here speculating if he'd join Leicester :lol:
I'm not a member of his fan club and I think he's enormously erratic, but he's still a very good player and he causes defenses all sorts of problems. What would his price be at this stage?

Then there's Dele Alli, who most people seem to have written off as shite, or that he was never any good in the first place. His stock is surely at an all time low. How much could they get for him?

You get the gist, which players are currently (potentially) undervalued ?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I'm sure there must be a fair few Arsenal players whose stock is currently low? If we should be interested in any of them is another matter altogether though.

AgentSmith

I don’t watch La Liga at all so I have no real idea about their current form but the fact that we could get Varane and Saúl for roughly the same price as Declan Rice would’ve sounded insane a few years ago.

mancsarered

If Timo Werner could find his shooting boots, he is a massive shout for this conversation. He's become a meme this season and they want to replace him with Lukaku.

This form cant last forever, surely.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don’t watch La Liga at all so I have no real idea about their current form but the fact that we could get Varane and Saul for roughly the same price as Declan Rice would’ve sounded insane a few years ago.
Saul Niguez is absolutely one of those players. Varane less so given his contract situation. But Saul is contracted to the year 2140 I believe.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Martial is at an all time low and yet remains a very very talented player who on top form improves many sides. It’s a make or break off season for him this year and either he moves on or it’s final chance saloon at Utd. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him comeback strong at Utd or elsewhere.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
If Timo Werner could find his shooting boots, he is a massive shout for this conversation. He's become a meme this season and they want to replace him with Lukaku.

This form cant last forever, surely.

Their joint top goal scorer and top assister for the season - he's indeed become a meme and has had shocking misses but still had a decent season (and lots and lots of disallowed goals by VAR which indeed won't last forever).

I doubt he'll ever set the world on fire as a superstar striker but he's good enough to be starting for a team like Chelsea. Doubt they're willing to sell this offseason though.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'm sure there must be a fair few Arsenal players whose stock is currently low? If we should be interested in any of them is another matter altogether though.
I'm trying to think of any. Aubameyang's wage (and age) makes him a very expensive option (and they were fecking daft to extend his deal). Generally I find their team to be so far from elite that I can't think of players there who are better than what we'd perceive as their current market value (outside of the younger ones maybe, but their MV is probably quite high).

We've seen the revival of the Ruben Neves thread after Wolves had a season to forget and they do play some tumescent football. He used to frequently be mentioned as an option for City or others, and the price bandied about was pure extortion.

Now though, Mr. Raheem Sterling seems to be out of favour at City and they - apparently - need want to sell before they buy more expensive toys. People on here speculating if he'd join Leicester :lol:
I'm not a member of his fan club and I think he's enormously erratic, but he's still a very good player and he causes defenses all sorts of problems. What would his price be at this stage?

Then there's Dele Alli, who most people seem to have written off as shite, or that he was never any good in the first place. His stock is surely at an all time low. How much could they get for him?

You get the gist, which players are currently (potentially) undervalued ?
I think Deli Alli is in a bit more of a slump.

but agree with Sterling definitely. Look at how Lhas turned things around. I bet if West Ham had offered to buy him for £10m in Jan we would have sold him. It didn’t take long for him to turn things around.

Martial is an obvious one at United - albeit I think he NEEDS to move in order to get the best out of him. Some players need a reset.

Mane at Liverpool?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Martial is at an all time low and yet remains a very very talented player who on top form improves many sides. It’s a make or break off season for him this year and either he moves on or it’s final chance saloon at Utd. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him comeback strong at Utd or elsewhere.
Absolutely. Which is why it would be pretty terrible to sell him (if it's not part-exchange for someone ideal) at the moment. I guess people could say Pogba, but that's just down to the contract. And I don't think we'd sell cheap anyway.

We've sold our fair share of good players way below their value, like Nani, Rafael, Hernandez, Evans, I'm probably forgetting a host of them.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
@ClaytonBlackmoorLeftPeg

Yeah, that Lingard loan move was pure sex. Probably worth about 15-20m that. In terms of Mane, he's not where he was, nor is Salah, but would the scouse sell either for under 100m? I doubt it. Their baseline is 130m-ish for Coutinho!

Silas

Isco? Haven't seen his name in ages. I always thought he'd be a better player if he played deeper in midfield, as an 8. I remember there being some crazy stat about his ball retention a couple years ago.

pacifictheme

Look around the caf for a bit and the cult of Marcus Rashford isn't doing so great these days.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
@ClaytonBlackmoorLeftPeg

Yeah, that Lingard loan move was pure sex. Probably worth about 15-20m that. In terms of Mane, he's not where he was, nor is Salah, but would the scouse sell either for under 100m? I doubt it. Their baseline is 130m-ish for Coutinho!
We probably wouldn't even sell you Adrian for €100m, let alone one of our best players.

Patchbeard

The trouble is it, 19/20 was dubbed as make or break season for Martial, and he made it. And then he broke it again in 20/21 :( So I've come to the conclusion he's just too inconsistent to be relied on, despite how good he is when he is good.

lysglimt

Scout

Their joint top goal scorer and top assister for the season - he's indeed become a meme and has had shocking misses but still had a decent season (and lots and lots of disallowed goals by VAR which indeed won't last forever).

I doubt he'll ever set the world on fire as a superstar striker but he's good enough to be starting for a team like Chelsea. Doubt they're willing to sell this offseason though.
Yes but when you look at his stats in the P.L alone - they are shocking. 35 matches - 6 goals and 8 assists. Martial in 22 matches has 4 goals in 6 assists. It looks even worse if you look at minutes played - Martial (2606 vs 1487)
Martial has a goal/assist ever 148 minute, Werner has a goal/assist ever 186 minute

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I'm trying to think of any. Aubameyang's wage (and age) makes him a very expensive option (and they were fecking daft to extend his deal). Generally I find their team to be so far from elite that I can't think of players there who are better than what we'd perceive as their current market value (outside of the younger ones maybe, but their MV is probably quite high).
Fair enough. Some of the younger players maybe? But tbf, i did add a disclaimer to state that i wasn't sure we'd want any :lol:

We probably wouldn't even sell you Adrian for €100m, let alone one of our best players.
i don’t think the point was to talk about players we (United) could buy. But generally discussing about players who may be undervalued? Hence mentioning Lingard and Martial as examples.

to reassure you, there’s not a player at the club we would want to try and buy :lol:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Fair enough. Some of the younger players maybe? But tbf, i did add a disclaimer to state that i wasn't sure we'd want any :lol:
Ha. If they have another shite season, then someone would Partey. He was great at Atletico.

He might be an odd name to put into this topic, but Cristiano is unwanted and can still put up ridiculous numbers. There's plenty of people doubting him, probably the majority on here.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I thought Camavinga had gone from being a 70/80 million euro player to a 40/50 million euro player but it seems Rennes swant 100 million. He hasn’t had the best season and his contract runs out next summer. He’s surely going to go for a lot less than that. Cheap or even free for the biggest midfield prospect in the game

Tallis

Coutinho , Erickson, Isco, - all 3 are right side of 30 and probably can be had for €30-40m.

Jev

Tammy Abraham to me has the look of one of those strikers Chelsea will regret letting go off if they sell him for the reported 30 million this summer. I'd gladly see him at United.

Superunknown

Those stats initially look really good for him. But then, when you go further into it, he's got 6 league goals in 35 appearances. For a striker, that's really poor, in my opinion. 12 goals in 52 appearances in all comps. Those assist stats are doing a good job of boosting his number. But, imo, a striker should be judged on their goal tally.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I thought Camavinga had gone from being a 70/80 million euro player to a 40/50 million euro player but it seems Rennes swant 100 million. He hasn’t had the best season and his contract runs out next summer. He’s surely going to go for a lot less than that. Cheap or even free for the biggest midfield prospect in the game
I haven’t seen that much of him but I truly wouldn’t go as far as that. He was pretty average when we played them.

Those stats initially look really good for him. But then, when you go further into it, he's got 6 league goals in 35 appearances. For a striker, that's really poor, in my opinion. 12 goals in 52 appearances in all comps. Those assist stats are doing a good job of boosting his number. But, imo, a striker should be judged on their goal tally.
His goal scoring was poor, yes. He also missed a tonne of sitters that could easily have seen him reach 30 goals. If his luck/mentality (whatever is the problem) changes next season things could get messy.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I haven’t seen that much of him but I truly wouldn’t go as far as that. He was pretty average when we played them.

His goal scoring was poor, yes. He also missed a tonne of sitters that could easily have seen him reach 30 goals. If his luck/mentality (whatever is the problem) changes next season things could get messy.
I agree. He was anonymous vs Chelsea. I was watching the game to see how he’d do and it wasn’t great at all. I think he’s obviously talented though.

UpWithRivers

You could make a pretty decent team from hated/not wanted/ low stock Man Utd Players

-----------------De Gea
Williams----Tuanzebe--
---------------Matic
Mata------Martial--- Dan James

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

:lol:

Tammy is second on that list - yet Chelsea want rid.

Werner has been awful in front of goal, hence the reason Chelsea want yet another striker.

Werner's price has decreased rather than increased after this season, hence the reason hes been included on this thread!