Goodbye Pogba, hello... Neymar?

Ranchero

Ok, before you scream, 'click bait headline', firstly I don't need clicks, remember. This is not The United Stand.

Secondly, I need some positivity that gets us away from the depression of nothing at all happening at Old Trafford.

Hear me out. Deep breath. Here we go.

First premise... Neymar is on his way out of PSG. Don't accept that? Well the Paris Saint-Germain chairman and chief executive, Nasser Al-Khelaifi has said he only wants players who are "willing to give everything for the shirt."

Without mentioning the Brazilian star's name (oh .. he DID) the PSG numero uno has indicated he has grown tired of Neymar and could cash in.

"I want players willing to give everything for the shirt, the club and join for the project," he said. "Those who do not want that, or do not understand, we will see each other and talk.

"Of course, there are contracts to be respected, but the priority now is total commitment to the project. Nobody forced Neymar to sign for us. Nobody pushed him here. He knowingly signed up for this project."

So all of a sudden Neymar appears to be available.

Now the clubs that could realistically afford his transfer fee and wages and not fall foul of Financial Fair Play rules are United, Real Madrid and Barca.

Now would he go back to Barca, when he left for PSG so he could be the numero uno. That's going backwards, surely.

Would Real Madrid be interested having bought Hazard, who basically patrols the space that Neymar patrols. I don't think so.

Or could it be that if one commercially attractive superstar in Pogba wants to leave, there is another in the shape of a certain Brazilian superstar, who wants to be numero uno (remember) can take his place.

We can sell him the prospect of being the number one, that he craves. Only one problem, he has to play Europa League for a season. Well other superstars have done that.

I bloody hate Neymar's antics. You will too. Yes, I am being presumptious. But you do, don't you. All that rolling about, just get up and play ya great big..... ahem.

Anyway. There is a serious point here. If we can get him, and we can.... do we?

More to the point Mr Cashsigns-in-Eyes Woodward, could easily see the commercial value of the club more than retained by replacing one prima donna with … yes... another one.

I started this script actually quite excited at the whole idea. And now having gone through it all... where's Bruno Fernandes? Tielemans? Diop? Wan 'own goal' Bassaka.
Fabregas? Schneider? Anyone!!!!

Last edited:

RedDevil@84

Having a drink-night mid-week??

2AM Glasgow time seems to be a good time to stop for tonight.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
I’m not against Neymar (anyone with a brain wouldn’t be) but there’s an honest question to ask: what good will it do the team?

...our team is in shambles. As far as I’m concerned, it will be no different than Pogba right now. And that’s a player well above the talent level of the team/players around him which means you won’t get the best of him.

Remember, United are rebuilding and we have a fringe squad that could maybe get 4th place at the current state it’s in. The price Neymar would cost, that’s majority of our transfer money gone. So you’ve essentially swapped out Pogba for Neymar and still have the same dreadful teammates around him.

As much as I’d love to have Neymar, I don’t see how this turns out to be a success for us with that mentioned. This is also before even taking into consideration RM would most definitely overpay anything we could offer and has more pull anyways (surely Neymar would prefer them over us).

So yea, I just don’t see it happening and even if it did, it wouldn’t solve the the bigger picture surrounding the rest of the squad just as it is now.

Reactions: van der star

Eddy_JukeZ

Wouldn't even happen in FM.

If Neymar leaves PSG, he's going back to Barcelona.

And we can't get him. He'd never come here.

RedDevil@84

Will probably need to sign separate contracts with his dad, uncle, sister, him and his agent. Everyone will have their own demands.
Not sure if we can organize things that Barca did to get him.

Basement IPA

Supports
Manchester City
Pretty sure Neymar is as bad if not worse of a virus to teams than Pogba, so...

JonDahl

He's exactly what we need.

Another overpaid Galactico. Just like Alexis.

Reddy Rederson

Scuttlebutt has neymar looking at houses in barca, so if hes going anywhere its back there.

You say the PSG boss said "he wants players that give everything for the shirt", implying that neymar does not. Tell me again why we want yet another diva who wont give everything to play for us?

And last, but not least, his fee. Ive seen 300 mil being the number floated about. I cant say feck no the way I want to, as I would over load the swear censor. So I will simply say, not on your nelly.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
"I want players willing to give everything for the shirt, the club and join for the project," he said. "Those who do not want that, or do not understand, we will see each other and talk.

reddevil702

The biggest flaw here is that your argument against Barca is Neymar going backwards, when I don’t think he views it that way. It’s more of a grass is greener thing and he’s now realized that’s not the case.

Devils11

Neymar won't last a full season here in our league. He would be crying out for a move out of the country when he is done rolling on the floor like someone just shoot his back.

Last edited:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
We'd be stupid not to sign him if we could. I'd expect it to be a transfer done outside of our yearly budget.

However, the chances of him coming playing EL football, under OGS (a manager with no real track record) and a team that hasn't the faintest clue what it currently wants to be is pretty much zero.

Luke1995

Manchester United probably doesn't have the money to buy Neymar, even with the possible Pogba sale.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Why do we want a type of player who doesn’t want to give everything for the shirt & the club and also join the project?

The last thing we want to buy.

bonothom

United could buy 6 quality players for what Neymar would cost. I bet Eds working on a deal though. He likes a good shirt seller with plenty of instagram followers.

The Mad Manc

So do we! Do we need more players who consider the club privileged to have them? No. We need players that understand the privilege of playing for United.

FireballXL5

Apparently he's been spotted house hunting in Barcelona, which is great as I hate the little prick.

Jibbs

While you are at it... imagine a front three of Neymar, Icardi and Griezmann

Needham

If we really want him we could easily entrap him on WhatsApp.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Brazil is an almost completely untapped market for us. 210 million people. Sure we've had Brazilians before but none anywhere near Neymar's profile. The commercial opportunities are endless.

Needham

Brazil is an almost completely untapped market for us. 210 million people. Sure we've had Brazilians before but none anywhere near Neymar's profile. The commercial opportunities are endless.
Venezuela has more commercial possibilities, they have a red devil in charge.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Venezuela has more commercial possibilities, they have a red devil in charge.
Hell has even more commercial possibilities with that and the greatest red devil of them all. And deals with the Devil usually produce results. I can see Woodward going for it and saving his job.

OleGunnar20

Please no, my little heart can't take anymore suffering.

Give me Brooks, Lozano, Tah, Barella, Aarons, Fernandes & Ndidi for that 250m (maybe less!) any day of the week, thank you very much.

Or just give me nobody, just don't make me watch that numpty wearing our badge.

Needham

Hell has even more commercial possibilities with that and the greatest red devil of them all. And deals with the Devil usually produce results. I can see Woodward going for it and saving his job.
Yes, but he's not real and even Utd would struggle to introduce an Official Fictional Symbol for all Evil Sponsor.

Canagel

I’m not against Neymar (anyone with a brain wouldn’t be) but there’s an honest question to ask: what good will it do the team?

...our team is in shambles. As far as I’m concerned, it will be no different than Pogba right now. And that’s a player well above the talent level of the team/players around him which means you won’t get the best of him.

Remember, United are rebuilding and we have a fringe squad that could maybe get 4th place at the current state it’s in. The price Neymar would cost, that’s majority of our transfer money gone. So you’ve essentially swapped out Pogba for Neymar and still have the same dreadful teammates around him.

As much as I’d love to have Neymar, I don’t see how this turns out to be a success for us with that mentioned. This is also before even taking into consideration RM would most definitely overpay anything we could offer and has more pull anyways (surely Neymar would prefer them over us).

So yea, I just don’t see it happening and even if it did, it wouldn’t solve the the bigger picture surrounding the rest of the squad just as it is now.
Correct.
Buying Neymar doesn't improve us if Pogba is sold. That's how teams improves and goes forward. By adding more top player to help each other not swapping one out for the other to stay still. We'll have the same problem as now one man carrying the dross on his back and wonder why he has "failed to live up to expectations" or some other nonsense.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I cannot see that Ole would want him, saying that I would think Ed's eyes would light up. He always seems hell bent on getting 'galactico' types of players into the team, even if they don't fit. I'm assuming that this is more for the commercial side than the football side. A definite no no from me, I'm fed up with players falling over, feigning injury etc, and Neymar is a prime example of that.

crossy1686

career ending
Absolutely no chance, we should avoid this part timer at all fecking costs.

Plus, can you imagine him wanting to play in the PL? No way, he'd rather go back to Spain where his diving will be tolerated.