Graeme Sourness | Retires from “punditry”

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
No Pogba about today so he's saving it up for 'Latin' Fernandes. :lol:

Proper yer da comment!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He won't let up about Bruno's arm flailing will he

I'm almost certain when he does do that it's at himself rather than his teammates like Souness likes to insist

Phil

Hes right about awb not closing down and stopping the cross imo
It's the not allowing Richards' opinion which gets me.

I think him not closing down comes from unfamiliarity with the system though

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Hate him as a pundit. Just interrupts everyone. Hope there’s a GIF of Carragher’s reaction when he gets interrupted and he just looks at the camera in disbelief.

SambaBoy

Hate him as a pundit. Just interrupts everyone. Hope there’s a GIF of Carragher’s reaction when he gets interrupted and he just looks at the camera in disbelief.
He's just a horrendous person. Doesn't he have any self-awareness?

Hughie77

Fecking dinasour. Should move on just picking up a wage. The scum will give him a hospitality job!

keithsingleton

Have to be honest he’s one of my favourite pundits, think some of you are to blinkered because he’s a Scouser. :D

Chipper

Adulterer.
I like him! Credit to him today for not letting his understandable bias towards Liverpool get in the way of saying Mane should have been sent off.

parkthebuslads

He's one of those pundits who manages to suck the joy out of the match, he doesn't seem to find any enjoyment from football.

Smacky The Frog

I guess that mini mid-life crisis he had during the Euros where he appeared to get a glow-up and seemed to be in a great mood is all but gone, the glint in his eye a distant memory, replaced once again by a sea of red with scary Pogba like shapes lurking underneath.

Last edited:

Josh 76

He's one of those pundits who manages to suck the joy out of the match, he doesn't seem to find any enjoyment from football.
He must be the oldest pundit on TV. I’ve got nothing against his age, but the game he played has changed so much and his opinions are out dated. Not sure why Sky have stuck with him and letting go the soccer Saturday team. (For that reason).

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He must be the oldest pundit on TV. I’ve got nothing against his age, but the game he played has changed so much and his opinions are out dated. Not sure why Sky have stuck with him and letting go the soccer Saturday team. (For that reason).
He’s controversial and drives social media engagement for Sky.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They’ve stuck with him because there’s a clear narrative that plays/played out between him and certain fans - his crusade against Pogba alone has led to endless memes and social media engagement for the past 18-24 months.

Gazautd18

Some people take these "pundits" to seriously.
Without a shadow of a doubt.
As Micheal "without a shadow of a doubt" Dawson would say.

padzilla

Hipster
The fact this thread is 86 pages long might hint at the reasons for his longevity on Sky - he provokes a reaction.

Red_toad

Why is opinion outdated? Ex player, manager and someone who follows the game, so where’s he going wrong apart from being over 50?

Josh 76

Why is opinion outdated? Ex player, manager and someone who follows the game, so where’s he going wrong apart from being over 50?
Playing the game in the 70s and 80s was so different to the PL. The game has changed so much on and off the field.

It’s when he keeps referring to “In my day” that is most annoying.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's certainly the Lawrenson of rich man's TV isn't he.
Never seems to have a laugh or be light hearted and just seems to hate modern day football and many of the players.

Red_toad

Playing the game in the 70s and 80s was so different to the PL. The game has changed so much on and off the field.

It’s when he keeps referring to “In my day” that is most annoying.
He doesn't say it isn't different, nor does he deny it's different. His opinion on the game is very valid, he may go off on tangents and show a lot of bias, but doesn't mean just as you don't like his opinion as he's old. I like how you omit he was a manager through the 90's and into the mid 00's. 40 plus years in the game and over a decade commenting, long may he continue being a topic of debate.

Doracle

He’s a very good pundit and calls it as he sees it. Of course, there’s an element of Liverpool bias (although him calling the Mane forearm smash correctly whist Carragher was trying to justify it as an “orange” card was great to see) but he’s generally fair.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He’s a very good pundit and calls it as he sees it. Of course, there’s an element of Liverpool bias (although him calling the Mane forearm smash correctly whist Carragher was trying to justify it as an “orange” card was great to see) but he’s generally fair.
:lol:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Spitty C: "You don't know what he's [Zouma] been through in terms of scrutiny"

Sourness: "Not as much as the cat went through"

:lol:

Last edited:

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
(from the Zouma thread)

I can only imagine Souness’ fury when he heard that a tall, black, French PL player who plays for ‘Utd’ had disgraced himself - only to find out that it WASN’T Pogba…

The guy must’ve been seething.