Graham Potter | Apparently in "serious" talks with Ajax

Veni_Vidi_Vidic

Ajax lost 6-0 at the weekend and sit 6th in the table between NEC and Go Ahead Eagles. You know it's bad when you're competing with an exhibition centre and a Korean baseball team.

He's smart to turn them down, it's a poisoned chalice at the moment.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
First we get Ratcliffe instead of Radcliffe, now we're getting Graham instead of Harry. All Hogwarts outcasts are ending up here!

Bo_devil

Done a damn good job at Brighton got them playing good football Chelsea are a bigger basket case than united can’t judge him on that any manager would be set up to fail I think he would a decent job at a well run united which I hope they will be next season
I somewhat agree. We just need a manager who has a style that is pleasant on the eye and is able to get a tune out of the players which ETH has failed to do. With the correct backing and infrastructure we should be able to climb the table, while playing good football. I don't agree with others that we need a manager who's won things, we have had managers who've won things and failed!

Blood Mage

I really hope these Potter/Southgate rumours are just the result of some throwaway comments Ratcliffe has made to his pals that have leaked to the press. Hopefully once Ratcliffe appoints his recruitment team he steps back and lets them make the football decisions.

Loon

:lol:
Richard Keys talking with certainty Southgate is coming to United. Then again, he also said Alonso was going to Merseyside...

thisisnottaken1

I really hope these Potter/Southgate rumours are just the result of some throwaway comments Ratcliffe has made to his pals that have leaked to the press. Hopefully once Ratcliffe appoints his recruitment team he steps back and lets them make the football decisions.
Same. I really hope that we’re not actually interested in them and are actually going for someone like Amorim, Inzaghi, or Nagelsmann.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Richard Keys talking with certainty Southgate is coming to United. Then again, he also said Alonso was going to Merseyside...
Think they have no idea and he’s a “big name” to fill space and is obviously contentious. The ambiguity is a big win for the media.

J2J

If De Zerbi leaves Brighton in the summer might Potter just go back there?

Dannn411

At this point i'd take Potter. We just need to get rid of all the deadwood and mediocrity in the team first because he looks like the type of manager to "give everybody a chance and take a season to get a look at everyone" before actually taking any bold steps. We need rapid and radical change not slow and gradual change. If he has no choice but to select youngsters, then I really think he can do a good job and build a good team.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Think that would be a very good move for him in terms of building his profile back up.
Absolutely, when I saw the tweet, it just made sense for me, for both Ajax and Potter. Despite his Chelsea debacle, I genuinely think he's an excellent manager.

kaku06

Oh ffs if not Tuchel, it’s gonna be Southgate then?
Nagelsmann gone
Motta gone
Potter gone
Amorim likely gone

Who else left? I hope it’s Tuchel in that case. Appointing Southgate will be the death of me.

Mike Smalling

Oh ffs if not Tuchel, it’s gonna be Southgate then?
Nagelsmann gone
Motta gone
Potter gone
Amorim likely gone

Who else left? I hope it’s Tuchel in that case. Appointing Southgate will be the death of me.
Emery just extended with Villa as well. We’re doomed to waistcoat misery.