Graham Potter | Apparently in "serious" talks with Ajax

RedRover

Potter must feel some trepidation. Opportunities at these big clubs don't come along that often, but Chelsea look like even more of a circus than us. They're briefing that the owner was unhappy about Tuchel not being interested in Ronaldo - would Potter react any differently?
A manager in his position won't turn down a top 4 job. He might never get another chance.

People seem to forget that to get to where he is, you need to be confident. I suspect he thinks he'll do a fine job. And if he's sacked in 18 months, so what? He'll get another job either at the same or better level than Brighton.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I’m a neutral.

Big soft spot for Utd (grew up a Utd fan), but just a footy fan in general.

I despise Brighton, and also think Potter would struggle at Chelsea - win win.
Why do you despise Brighton?

largelyworried

Holier than thou attitude of fans.

I know a few Brighton fans in real life who all sneer at Utd and view themselves as superior and also seem to have a soft spot for Liverpool because they’re a ‘proper club too’.

I just fecking hate them and want to see them fail.
Rings true. Only Brighton fan I know also supports Liverpool.

RedMilo

I'd be really weary if I were in Potter's shoes about taking the job, if offered.

Tuchel only recently won the Champions League with them, and coming off the back of a summer were recruitment was far from straight forward due to the upheavel of the takeover, thinking of them losing their two best central defenders due to sanctions, and then the new regime having to get used to doing transfer deals, and bringing the right players in - he 100% deserved the benefit of the doubt, from the start they have made.

On top of that, he is on to a good thing with Brighton, and really under no real pressure to make top 6, yet given how they are playing, you would consider anything from around 5th - 8th as a realistic expectation now, and for a team of that size, it would be a fantastic achievement, with the possibility of European football.

I think if struggles to walk away from Brighton, for Chelsea at the moment.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Rings true. Only Brighton fan I know also supports Liverpool.
Exactly. They’re wankers.

Lots of people perhaps don’t know any Brighton fans in real life and so see them as this beacon of the ‘well run club where everything is great’, but there’s a serious smugness in lots of their fanbase and all the Brighton fans I have the misfortune of having to talk to about footy also have this sneering take on Utd.

They go on about ‘how clubs should be run the right way’ and then smirk and sneer at what the Glazers have done to Man Utd.

Can’t stand them.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Exactly. They’re wankers.

Lots of people perhaps don’t know any Brighton fans in real life and so see them as this beacon of the ‘well run club where everything is great’, but there’s a serious smugness in lots of their fanbase and all the Brighton fans I have the misfortune of having to talk to about footy also have this sneering take on Utd.

They go on about ‘how clubs should be run the right way’ and then smirk and sneer at what the Glazers have done to Man Utd.

Can’t stand them.
A lot of folks think utd fans are wankers too

in fact there is probably no set of fans that some folks dont think are wankers

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

That’s just my experience and my take on it.

As a rule, I lose a lot of respect for any footy fan that smirks at the Glazers demolition of a great football club.

I also dislike Liverpool with a passion, so anyone that aligns themselves with them while sneering at the Glazers situation is someone I’m gonna dislike.

I know a handful of Brighton fans (who don’t know each other) and literally EVERY one of them fits the above description. I have to talk to these twats regularly about football, and they love it.

So yeah, feck them, I want to see them fail and I want to see them put back where they belong - in the fecking relegation places.

Blood Mage

Football fans in general are utter gobshites. I have to say though I think Arsenal fans have the edge on the rest for being utterly insufferable cnuts, at least since the invincibles era.

BorisManUtd

Zidane won't join Chelsea.

It'll be Potter or Poch.
Same day when they announce Tuchel has been sacked, Brighton give Chelsea permision to talk with Potter and he's off to London to negotiate. It's been worked on for a couple of weeks by now, probably. Otherwise talks wouldn't have been happening this fast imo.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Holier than thou attitude of fans.

I know a few Brighton fans in real life who all sneer at Utd and view themselves as superior and they also have a soft spot for Liverpool because they’re a ‘proper club too’.

I just fecking hate them and want to see them fail.
If it makes any difference I am a Brighton fan born and bred with a soft spot for United and I’ve always fecking despised Liverpool.

arthurka

Hope Potter thinks this through, it´s going to be really shit isn´t it?
He can do better just stay cool and there will be other good openings, he´s got a really good thing going at Brighton.

Water Melon

Potter is a very good manager. The chavs will be better under him.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Please pick Pochettino. For petty reasons.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
They could do worse than go for Arne Slot.

Vapor trail

Tuchel to Potter is a monumental downgrade. A recent champions league winner. I said throughout last season that the Chelsea team individually is not as good as many make out. Gallagher at loan at Palace last season does well, but Palace are a different proposition to Chelsea. Havertz and Werner were decent but still not proven. Thiago Silva being the outstanding defender in the years closer to his retirement. Ruben Loftus Cheek making a multitude of appearances and he has always been a mid-table loanee.

The only criticism I give Tuchel is not being dynamic enough or adaptive with the players at his disposal but on the flip side the likes of Pep are praised for only adopting one approach which fits his philosophy.

The team needed a rebuild and really and truly a DOF should have overseen that process not Bohely. Playing good football is also not enough of a merit to lead the club forward Lampards Chelsea could knock the ball around quite well but they were defensively frail. The signs around Chelsea aren't good. I reckon they struggle to get top four.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Too late. You know how it works: the universe is affected by messages on a forum.
If you don’t behave sir, I will be forced to permaban you from the hockey thread.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Brendan Rodgers to Brighton then?

Remember the geese

The guy is a wizard. A brilliant coach who I would have happily had at United if it wasn't for ten Hag. I much prefer him to Tuchel. Chelsea will have the right man in the building now. Just a case of whether they'll let him stay there.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
13m to Tuchel, 16m to Brighton...that’s a lot of money to swing your dick around

Lynty

Football fans in general are utter gobshites. I have to say though I think Arsenal fans have the edge on the rest for being utterly insufferable cnuts, at least since the invincibles era.
Yep. Arsenal fans are the worst.

Liverpool fans are pretty bad but Arsenal are just something else entirely.