Granada - EL Opponent

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I can already foresee our team being cocky and being played to the brink. I'm always more confident when were playing big games.

Grande

Hello Mudda, hello Fadda
Here I am at Camp Granada.
Camp is not so entertaining,
All we do is quarantine and never training.

My roommate is Eric Bailly.
He’s good craic but not so tidy.
He tripped on his own detritus,
Went and gave himself achilles tendonitis.

All the coaches told the players,
Early bedtimes, say your prayers.
While we romp with Insta-models
They’ll be dreaming of sneaking in some McDonald’s.

Now the media has misquoted
Ole saying I caught covid.
It’s not true ma, I never caught it,
Though Cavani Rashford Pogba Fred and Shaw did.

Dearest Father, darling Mother,
Seems Granada had our number.
Lots of panting, loads of puffing,
But they still went and beat us six goals to nothing.

Ma I didn’t even feature.
Blame this clueless P.E. teacher.
Wasn’t what I asked from santa
When he got me my transfer from Atalanta.

Your loving son, Amad.
Beautiful. I’ll sing it in front of the telly come the Quarters!

pascell

My brother lived there for a little while, loved the town, and I loved to visit. Would love to go back...someday.
Been to Granada 3 times. Lovely city. Skiing in the Sierra Nevada and a trip around the Alhambra.
Also the tapas. Bloody hell the tapas.
I was reading an in-flight brochure when we could travel and it recommended Granada. Since then I've wanted to go and see it, anywhere worth looking into visiting when we can?

Steev

I haven't seen Granada for a while so no idea how we'll do.

Does Elton Welsby still play for them?

CallyRed

I was reading an in-flight brochure when we could travel and it recommended Granada. Since then I've wanted to go and see it, anywhere worth looking into visiting when we can?
I'd say the Alhambra is the most obvious one to visit, it's actually one of the most popular tourist attractions in Spain.

Cantonagotmehere

This was a long, long time ago... a/b 30 years. The obvious is the Alhambra which, at the time, was as cool as advertised.

pascell

I'd say the Alhambra is the most obvious one to visit, it's actually one of the most popular tourist attractions in Spain.
This was a long, long time ago... a/b 30 years. The obvious is the Alhambra which, at the time, was as cool as advertised.
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate them and will be sure to check it out.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We're going to win the Europa league this year. There isn't a team left anywhere near as good as ours to challenge.
Let's hope it's the last time we ever play in this competition, we don't belong here.
Depends completely on us. If we play anywhere near our best then yes we should win. But we're always able to throw in a shocker, and on our bad days we can be beaten by anyone.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I can already foresee our team being cocky and being played to the brink. I'm always more confident when were playing big games.
That's how we roll.

Away to Man City who have won 21 on the bounce? No prob. Clean sheet too.

Away to AC Milan needing to win? Job done.

Relegated Sheffield United at home? Relegated West Brom away? Shit the bed.

Statue of Limitations

Bien, gracias. Y tu?

Can't complain about the draw at all, we are the best team in the competition (objectively) so it probably doesn't matter.
Would not have wanted Arsenal though, hope someone knocks them out before the final.

Granada won't be winning the competiton, they certainly won't be getting to the semis.

justsomebloke

I could have told everyone we’d get Grenada yesterday. We get the toughest draw possible every time.
I think there's a case for Granada being in the lowest tier of opponents we could draw, along with Slavia and Zagreb. At least, what I saw of them against Molde didn't look like much. The 2-0 result from the home tier flattered them, and they could easily have gone down 2-0 rather than 2-1 away.

Also, we avoided Arsenal for the semi final. All in all, I'd consider this a very good draw.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Fecking hate playing Spanish sides. No matter what end of the league table they're familiar with.

We just need to turn up though. It's that simple.

Glorio

Our biggest enemy is ourselves.

We can be motivated for Milan, will we be for Grenada? complacency is what will cost us if we don't treat it seriously.
And if there's anything this team has shown us, we know they're brilliant with their backs against the wall, but very susceptible to complacency. I actually think it's the biggest issue with the team.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Good draw, though the game is going to be far from easy. Hope we take them seriously

OmarUnited4ever

We should not take them lightly, they are in EL QF on merit, I am Ole and the team will go into the game with full intention to not only win but also perform strongly and be ready for them