Gray and Chester to Plymouth on loan

PS18

Love the thought that's gone into that article title :lol:

Good moves for them both, should see plenty of action down there. Tough situation to go into though, manager under big pressure and team at the foot of the table.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
They both need first team football so it's good for all concerned.

With Cathcart gone too.....it will be interesting to see who Ole now prefers as his back four.

Corry and De Laet in the middle?

datura

They both need first team football so it's good for all concerned.

With Cathcart gone too.....it will be interesting to see who Ole now prefers as his back four.

Corry and De Laet in the middle?
Possibly, Gill would come into the equation as well, and you have 3 centrebacks in the Academy so Wootton might be used a bit more in the reserves.

I must admit I've never been too convinced with De Laet in the middle, I'd prefer to see him at full back.

Muckamore Red

Chester has returned early. Taken from the BBC:

Manchester United defender James Chester's loan spell at Plymouth Argyle has been cut short due to injury.

The 20-year-old centre-back injured his cartilage during Plymouth's 2-1 win over Scunthorpe and has now returned to Old Trafford.

Plymouth boss Paul Sturrock said: "The boy is absolutely gutted, he was really enjoying himself."

Chester's departure leaves the Pilgrims with Krisztian Timar as the only recognised centre-back available.

Chris Barker, Reda Johnson, Kari Arnason and Darcy Blake are all currently injured, whilst Marcel Seip is currently on loan with rivals Blackpool.

Chester made two appearances for the Pilgrims during his brief spell with the Devon side.
Pity.