Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomSlayer

Meanwhile we will sign a 40-50 million player and bench him for the first season. It's the right way to do it, after all.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I love how everyone is getting angry over hypotheticals
Happens all the time.

Rival linked to player - outrage.

United linked to player (same outlet) - bullshit, never will happen.

People having a dig at the club after this link are idiots. Wait for some confirmation ffs.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Happens all the time.

Rival linked to player - outrage.

United linked to player (same outlet) - bullshit, never will happen.

People having a dig at the club after this link are idiots. Wait for some confirmation ffs.
This one is particularly funny because the same newspaper had us gunning for Varane & Pau & Sancho & Rice only yesterday.

And now people are losing their shit over Grealish to City.

jackal&hyde

Definitely. Cavani looks as fit as anyone. I dont think CF is priority. Between Grealish, Bruno, Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood I think we have a lot of goals in our team. Rashford, Greenwood, Cavani and Bruno can all play CF.

I'd much rather get a Grealish or Sancho. But because of the mentality I'd prefer Grealish.
I think we would have the same problems as this season: teams will overload the left as that is where the danger comes from plus you would be very light in CF. Cavani gets injured, play inexperienced Greenwood there and kids or James on the right. I don't see an improvement. As good as Grealish is, he is not Messi to make team balance irrelevant.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'm not so sure he'd be a good fit there, but if they sign him they keep him away from the rivals, so a good move anyways

bsCallout

I think we would have the same problems as this season: teams will overload the left as that is where the danger comes from plus you would be very light in CF. Cavani gets injured, play inexperienced Greenwood there and kids or James on the right. I don't see an improvement. As good as Grealish is, he is not Messi to make team balance irrelevant.
I don't agree but who do you want then?

jackal&hyde

I don't agree but who do you want then?
I want to balance the right side because now we have a future CF there that offers next to zero play with the full back that makes him isolated, underperformers like Rashford and James (on the right) or kids like Amad. So Sancho.

Deery

Dreary
Probably the best player in the league for me last season so it makes sense Pep wants to buy him..

bsCallout

I want to balance the right side because now we have a future CF there that offers next to zero play with the full back that makes him isolated, underperformers like Rashford and James (on the right) or kids like Amad. So Sancho.
Would you reduce Greenwoods game time even more then? I'd say Greenwood has been fantastic from the right.

Deery

Dreary
Don't worry we're spending £350m on Sancho, Kane, Rice and Verane.

Who the club think they're trying to kid is anybody guess.
To be fair the club haven’t mentioned signing anyone it’s just fan speculation.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Would you reduce Greenwoods game time even more then? I'd say Greenwood has been fantastic from the right.
I can see Rashford having surgery start of next season so Sancho might play on the left, regardless Cavani is hardly going to play every game and it just gives us tons of options.

Greenwood will play a lot.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Plays in the same position as Foden doesn't he?

Not saying they can't accomodate both obviously but hardly seems like a pressing transfer for them when you think they'd be going all out for a goalscorer instead to replace Aguero.

bsCallout

I can see Rashford having surgery start of next season so Sancho might play on the left, regardless Cavani is hardly going to play every game and it just gives us tons of options.

Greenwood will play a lot.
I wouldn't trust Greenwood at CF regularly at all. I'd hope to see Cavani start most prem games.

I think you might be right about Rashford, although I hope he skips the Euros to get it sorted.

jackal&hyde

He scored but the creativity there is poor and I think overall this hurts the team. I see his play time divided between RW and CF.

Deery

Dreary
I thought there was some sort of briefing? Or so I'd been told. I've not been reading much on football after the other night.
I heard Gary Neville mentioned it, but apparently I’ve missed a press briefing last night so maybe you’re right and I’m wrong. Apologies.

jackal&hyde

Not saying they can't accomodate both obviously but hardly seems like a pressing transfer for them when you think they'd be going all out for a goalscorer instead to replace Aguero.
They have Sterling (26) and Foden (21) there. It would make little sense to throw 100 mil for another that would probably demand first 11. It's bs imo. Watch him linked with Chelsea next.

Deery

Dreary
I know we're not, just the club trying to blow smoke up the fans' asses to get us back on side.
I’d be happy if we signed any two of them to be honest, they’re good picks for a change from Woodward.

bsCallout

He scored but the creativity there is poor and I think overall this hurts the team. I see his play time divided between RW and CF.
I think he might be the best crosser in the team. I don't agree that he's not creative. He's come on a lot. I guess with Sancho you have someone who can play left and right and therefore it depends on whether Greenwood is playing CF or RW in that game.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
They have Sterling (26) and Foden (21) there. It would make little sense to throw 100 mil for another that would probably demand first 11. It's bs imo. Watch him linked with Chelsea next.
Sterling has been a bit quiet I think from what I've seen this season. I think adding Grealish would rejuvenate their attack. They should look at Joao Felix too. Think he could be the next Aguero type striker for them.

iHicksy

I watched most of Villa's games this season. He can play a few positions, all of which quite frankly he was superb at. For me he's the most talented English player around right now. He would have no issue playing for Barca for example. He's great playing from deep, reminds me very much of Scholes in that he never loses the ball and his close control and little touches to start counter attacks are sublime. He can play on the left or as a 10 as well. He's probably the perfect player for the City squad to improve them even more but i'd agree it's not a position they need to strengthen. But then, they just walked the league, so apart from a striker if they have the money then why not?

He'd be my first first signing for United if we continue to play a double pivot and he'd be an upgrade on Pogba if move to a single holding mid. He'd give us something we've been lacking since Carrick. In fact, i'd go as far to say he'd have more of an impact than Carrick did. Honestly, he's that good.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Pep has been waxing lyrically about Foden all season, I can't see them signing Grealish unless they sell some others.

jackal&hyde

I think he might be the best crosser in the team. I don't agree that he's not creative. He's come on a lot. I guess with Sancho you have someone who can play left and right and therefore it depends on whether Greenwood is playing CF or RW in that game.
Yeah. There is good versatility there too with Sancho. He seems to be the main target anyway.
Sterling has been a bit quiet I think from what I've seen this season. I think adding Grealish would rejuvenate their attack. They should look at Joao Felix too. Think he could be the next Aguero type striker for them.
Looking at City's squad, they have 2 very good players for both the left and right with a mix of creators and direct players. Proper team building that. And we wonder why we are still far and look to blame managers. Woody has fecked this team over the last 8 years with his incompetence.

Nero

What is with this place and losing their shit over tabloid speculation? Every single summer.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I wouldn't trust Greenwood at CF regularly at all. I'd hope to see Cavani start most prem games.

I think you might be right about Rashford, although I hope he skips the Euros to get it sorted.
Oh yeah cavani will, and rightly so, but he’s 34 so Greenwood would and should have plenty of opportunities.

ExecutionerWasp001

Thing is, if they win the CL and PL, surely the owners are thinking they don’t need to spend much money
On the contrary it gives them free reign to spend more money. A CL win will allow Mansour to vastly inflate their inflate their revenues. Would expect the Etihad deal & the other Abu Dhabi based sponsorships to go up exponentially.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Thing is, if they win the CL and PL, surely the owners are thinking they don’t need to spend much money
It’s about evolution. At our peak we tended to buy one great signing per season. They will
As well

Status
Not open for further replies.