Aubayemyang
Paul Pogba
Radamal Falcão
Gonzalo Higuain
Robinho
Yaya Toure

Last edited:

SungSam7

That's a stretch isn't it? One cracking season doesn't earn legend status surely.

Lukaku?
I'd argue that a legend doesn't have to spend a number of years at the club. A legend can also be linked to a club on her acts while playing, which Van Persie showed he absolutely loved being in a United kit. If reports are correct, he was hit hardest emotionally by SAFs retirement.

He's also spoken on many occasions his love for the club and the fans. Fans don't celebrate a former playing scoring like they did when Van Persie did, and the respect he showed to us. He was one if not the main reason we beat City to the title. After all, he chose us over signing a new contract with Arsenal whom he was with for 90% of his career and a strong City.

Every decision was the correct one in terms of being a United legend, his stay was short but his effect on us was and still is a long one.

Ohhh Robin Van Persie!

Munkehboi

You must be a younger fan or trolling.No united fan gives a flying feck what happened for his national team, why the hell would that come up in legend debates? He didn't even want to leave us to begin with. Best player in our greatest ever season. One of the most talented, hardest working players ever. Whatever his off the pitch shenanigans entailed on the pitch Beckham is incredibly underrated.
Firstly, I am 43 years old so yes I was a young adult during World Cup 98 and its still debated in the football discussion circles that I belong to.

Secondly, my comment included a response to someone else's comment about his England status and if he was a legend for the national team?

Lastly, I give a flying feck as both a Utd and England fan. Calm yourself.

Semigoodlookin

Firstly, I am 43 years old so yes I was a young adult during World Cup 98 and its still debated in the football discussion circles that I belong to.
Fair enough, it's your opinion. What do you debate about re the red card?

dazjoe

Surely Barca fans no longer consider Alves a legend, all things considered

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

Secondly, my comment included a response to someone else's comment about his England status and if he was a legend for the national team?

Lastly, I give a flying feck as both a Utd and England fan. Calm yourself.
Firstly what the hell is a football discussion circle and what about a red card 25 years ago is still being debated

Secondly you mentioned Beckham first. In a thread about players who aren't legends for any clubs. You said he divides opinion. Maybe amongst England fans but definitely not for united fans. I'd go as far as to say any united fan that does not consider Beckham a legend is not a real fan.

Lastly enjoy Southgate. Hope he stays England manager another 10-20 years.

RedRocket9908

This was my first thought, rarely gets mentioned amongst the United legends, nowhere near one of the best at Madrid and then changed clubs a lot.

As my own submission, is Pirlo considered a legend at both AC and Juventus?
Beckham is definately a Man Utd legend

klsv

Yes, he is. In a way that Ronaldo certainly isn’t. Despite the fact that the latter is the best player to play for us in modern history.
Yeah, feck me, hope those saying Beckham isn't a United legend and those saying Ronaldo is, are not the same people. That would be just mad.

Munkehboi

Fair enough, it's your opinion. What do you debate about re the red card?
A lot of the older generation, let's say feel he cost us that game and potentially the WC that year. I doubt we would have won the WC but can argue if not for the sending off, we would have beaten Argentina and then who knows? That's the debate.

He was made a villian in this country for it. The abuse he got was absurd and this was really before the age of social media. It was all the papers essentially saying he cost us that WC and a lot of the general public, Utd fans aside believed that! He got dogs abuse wherever he went for a lengthy period of time.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Some even suggesting that Beckham might not be United legend :lol:

kaku06

Zidane.

Sol Campbell.
Both of your answers are wrong. Zizou not a Madrid legend? Or French legend? Guy won the champions league and World Cup single handedly.
Sol Campbell is definitely an Arsenal legend. I don’t even know what criteria you used to dismiss that.

Munkehboi

Firstly what the hell is a football discussion circle and what about a red card 25 years ago is still being debated

Secondly you mentioned Beckham first. In a thread about players who aren't legends for any clubs. You said he divides opinion. Maybe amongst England fans but definitely not for united fans. I'd go as far as to say any united fan that does not consider Beckham a legend is not a real fan.

Lastly enjoy Southgate. Hope he stays England manager another 10-20 years.
Football forums, my circle of friends, football discussions with football fans in a pub. I like to talk about football to anyone who will listen. That's my football discussion circle.

I did and I stand by what I said. I know people who don't consider Becks as a legend for us. Same way that some people don't consider Ronaldo a legend either or even big Pete. Its opinion but to have the gall to say I, myself or others who voice their opinions about players are not true fans is disrespectful and laughable at best.

Lastly, I don't enjoy Southgate but I will always remain a loyal England fan and back the national team. Thanks for making a cheap jibe at England fans in general.

kaku06

Gonzalo Higuain
Roy Makaay
Mesut Ozil
Michael Owen
Diego Forlan

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
I get it, he ended burning bridges in the majority of his clubs, but he reached Legend level in Boca, Corinthians, Juventus and even at West Ham...time also helped him in City when the obvious Mancini affair was bullshit since day one, but nowadays that it's more than clear many fans realized how great he was and instrumental to the real rise of City.

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Both good shouts.
Nah Veron legendary status in Estudiantes come even from his birth certificate being the son of "la Bruja Veron" from the Estudiantes of the late 60's

Last edited:

kaku06

Nah Veron legandary status in Estudiantes come even from his birth certificate being the son of "la Bruja "Veron from the Estudiantes of the 60's
Realised that. Edited now.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
he is quite revered in PSG and Benfica...in Madrid he was quite legendary, but his transfer (fair or not) kind of create a stain on his tenure there
I wouldn't say he's a Madrid legend, he was amazing for them though and they would not have won the 2014 CL without him, he was incredible in the final. Same way Bale isn't a Madrid legend despite winning goals in 2 CL finals for them. Madrid legend is a really, really high bar. I'd say of the last 15 years Ramos, Ronaldo, Modric, Benzema are the only absolute certs, with Kroos and Casemiro having very strong cases too.

kaku06

This thread is bonkers. Some takes from different posters are wild:lol:

Beckham not a united legend.
Zidane not a Madrid or French legend
Figo not a Madrid or Portugal legend

But
Forlan is a united legend
Owen is a Liverpool legend

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think both of them, along with Silva, would 100% be on any club legend list. Lama, Rai, Armand and Pauleta being some of the biggest pre that era.
Armand has no business being mentioned.:lol:

PSG legends pre QSI are the likes of Rai, Susic, Dahler, Luis Fernandez, Fournier, Pauleta, Ricardo, Rocheteau, Baratelli or Lama. Then you have a group of players that could/should be legends but aren't really like Le Guen, Bravo, Ginola, Weah or Valdo.

And yes Ibrahimovic, Cavani, Maxwell and Thiago Silva are PSG legends.

Red Star One

OP asked for players who are “not legends at any club”, so I don’t get why people mention national teams.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Legend maybe the wrong term, I mean players who fans don’t really have any affection for. Think of someone like Paul Ince for us although the anger has subsided somewhat fans don’t really love him despite the fact he was a great player for us.
Those of us who saw Ince play for us would disagree, Ince is one of the big reasons why United dominated the early PL years

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
The problem with many players mentioned, it's that they gain Idol status in many clubs and later because of transfers, or some situation, they might loose that gained status, or also it's hard to gain that place in a historical sense when the majority of Clubs almost always have their Zanetti, Keane, Totti, etc.

Two of the best examples are Ibra, that at least he managed to leave the majority of his clubs with a good taste in the mouth and on the other side of the road Tevez, that on contrair he gained fan favorite staus at some point everywhere, but he was Carlitos, at some point sthg happened, becasue of his fault, because of the club fault, but mainly a mix of both generated a shyte situation, mostly OFF pitch.
Also BOTH do not stay for long periods of times anywhere.