Great strikes by unlikely strikers (of the ball)

AndersB

Lingard has scored some bangers for us for sure, but his goal against West Ham still got me thinking about great goals scored by not the most prolific scorers or common shooters. There's been a lot of great ones over the years, often at crucial moments too. They are usually among my favorites. I'm sure I've missed many, feel free to add.

Rafael vs. QPR

Valencia vs. Everton

Fletcher vs. Everton

O'Shea vs. Arsenal

Williams vs. Sheffield Utd.

McSauce vs. Arsenal

Matic vs. Palace

Evra vs. Bayern

GueRed

I remember Paul Parker shanking one top bins from 20 yards out against Reading in 1996

ti vu

Rio vs Liverpool. Great control, and great strike with his weaker foot to top corner. Many top forwards wouldn't score too many of those goals.

Strats

Spurs player and left back Erik Edmans' strike against Liverpool from 40 yards out in the top corner was quite surprising

UnitedFan93

Pallister vs Blackburn (1993)
Vidic vs Villa (2011)

Non United player: remember Kompany scoring a screamer against Leicester (2019)

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Telles vs Villarreal?

432JuanMata

Ruben Neves for Wolves is the ultimate player for rarely scoring but when he does they are worldies.
Valencia goal vs Everton at home sticks out for me. He rarely scored but that one was a belter

432JuanMata

Another shout is Matic goal vs Spurs in League Cup final for Chelsea. If you haven’t seen it YouTube it, it’s a worldie

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Dennis Kempe, former LB of Karlsruhe scored this beauty. He's 35 by now and scored a total of 8 goals in his career.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

His only goal for Marseille, I believe. He wasn't much of a goalscorer — 1 goal in 52 games for France & never got more than 3 goals per season at his peak (he scored a bit more in his younger days though).

MileStolar

Pallister vs Blackburn (1993)
Vidic vs Villa (2011)

Non United player: remember Kompany scoring a screamer against Leicester (2019)
feck off I wanted to shout Vidić vs villa and then saw your comment, 20 minutes too late...

Great minds think alike ;)

Also if we're talking outside United, remember Jagielka scoring a banger against Liverpool if I recall correctly.
Edit: in 91st minute too!

GueRed

remember Silvinho scored a screamer against Chelsea at the Bridge back in 2000.

Winterburn in '97 also at the Bridge

UnitedFan93

feck off I wanted to shout Vidić vs villa and then saw your comment, 20 minutes too late...

Great minds think alike ;)

Also if we're talking outside United, remember Jagielka scoring a banger against Liverpool if I recall correctly.
Edit: in 91st minute too!
;)

Pavl3n

Harry Maguire! Solo run finished with a deadly strike from the edge of the penalty area.

Did we play Tranmere in the FA Cup? Or was it someone else in the League Cup?
We beat them 6:0 is all that matters. Phil Jones scored a wonder looping header.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The fact that this is in the United forum would suggest he was asking you for United strikes only. But since some of you silly buggers don’t get it, moving to the general football forum

unless @AndersB you want me to delete the non United ones and have this a United thread only?

AndersB

The fact that this is in the United forum would suggest he was asking you for United strikes only. But since some of you silly buggers don’t get it, moving to the general football forum

unless @AndersB you want me to delete the non United ones and have this a United thread only?
No, by all means, go ahead. I'll take any great strikes, just keep John Arne Riise out of there