Greatest British Manager BBC Poll

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Pretty pointless vote to be honest as we all know who will win and rightly so.

David Moyes

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I saw this earlier and assumed it was a rhetorical question. There's no argument to be had. It's like asking what is the yellowest colour?

klayton88

Sky and BBC are running out of lockdown material. Not even wasting my time with this.

IrishGlen

Really looking forward to the European poll so I can vote Sam Allardici

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It’s like having a vote on the best Swiss Tennis player of all time.

RUCK4444

Is this a real thing? I mean, I voted Sir Alex but it feels stupid, like a trick question.

Then again there are people who voted Trump into power so it seems the painfully obvious isn’t so clear to all of us.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Only thing interesting about the vote would have been if Liverpool fans would have hijacked it.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I wouldn't say that Fergie is the one and only vote here — Brian Clough's achievements are nothing short of incredible, even though it was more of a story of an incredible underdog's success (or, rather, multiple stories) compared to a constant domination with a powerhouse club (and building that powerhouse in the first place) of Sir Alex. Depends on how you rate managers and their input. I still voted for Fergie, mind :)

Djemba-Djemba

I wouldn't say that Fergie is the one and only vote here — Brian Clough's achievements are nothing short of incredible, even though it was more of a story of an incredible underdog's success (or, rather, multiple stories) compared to a constant domination with a powerhouse club (and building that powerhouse in the first place) of Sir Alex. Depends on how you rate managers and their input. I still voted for Fergie, mind :)
Fergie has the incredible underdog success story though with Aberdeen too.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
There's a reason why it's Sir Matt, Sir Alex and just Bob and Bill.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
It does seem that most of the greatest British managers either hail from Scotland (Fergie, Busby, Shankley, Stein etc) or the North East of England (Paisley, Clough, Revie, Robson etc).

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Sometimes because Fergie was so successful at Utd, his achievements at Aberdeen have actually been underrated or even almost ignored on occasions. Aberdeen won as many major trophies during his time in charge there (including 3 out of their 4 league titles, 4 out of their 7 Scottish Cups and 100% of their European silverware), as they did during the remainder of their history before and after his reign.

For example when Chelsea won the title in 2015, the 8th league title of Mourinho's managerial career, there was some talk about whether he could potentially equal / overtake Fergie's 13 league titles (even then I didn't think that he was going to win another 5 league titles). The problem was that of course Fergie won 16 league titles during his managerial career not 13, and the 3 that he won at Aberdeen were being ignored.

Rooney24

People should start asking for their Licence fee back if the BBC Keep this up.