Greatest football rants

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Post your favourite pre, mid or post match rants. Any analysis that made you enjoy the passion.

I actually liked Souness, for RTE, for instance. For Sky he sounds mentally ill.

In fact, RTE was absolutely golden in the Dunphy/Ronaldo years. I mean the abuse the lad suffered and the back peddling was immeasurable.

The Trapp rant is going to be hard to beat — he’s flawed a genius imo.

I cannot find the video but Summerbee was ranting about how United were due a pasting and it actually happened. You have to give your dues to the man. He’s an absolute gentleman and George Best’s room mate and best man at his wedding to boot. Anything he says regarding is worth listening to imo. Though, we did laugh hard at him at the time.

I mean... Bizarre. Only way to describe it. Is a top professional coach; — La Liga, FA Cup, UCL winning manger succumbing to a bit of pressure. 10 points at Xmas, with one the best Liverpool teams in decades, and we did ‘em. If this rant doesn’t go down in history then I don’t know which rant will? Lafa Beneathuz.

Saying all that, there are many many football crazy, more educated folks on this and I’d love to see something different during the boredom of internationals.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

Kev's was a classic

Big Sam when he took England to the World Cup in Brazil (I think)

fergiesarmy1

Big Sam when he took England to the World Cup in Brazil (I think)[/QUOTE]

:lol: - funny film that, “England are playing four four fecking two!”

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Kev's was a classic

Big Sam when he took England to the World Cup in Brazil (I think)
Keegan is fecking fantastic. Would have made an incredible manager in right circumstances I think. Incredibly charismatic man.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Amazing. The game has come a long, long way. We don’t even communicate in the same way in the Sunday league anymore. It’s absolutely incredible to notice something like this.
Love his other one where he offers out the players.

Foxbatt

Didn't one manager refused to let his team get off the pitch at half time and got them in the middle and had a rant at them?

Classical Mechanic

That clip doesn't even have the worst bits, where he sacked Terry Howard at half time, and came out with shocking stuff of basically offering them a fight, and they can bring their mate and "Bring their dinner"

Absolute bullyin cretin dinosaur of a bloke, super dumb to carry it on with the camera on!

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Van Gaal's long ball dossier was quite special.

The one at Christmas after a disastrous run of form was good too.

How could a man with so much character play such dull football?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Amazing, however many times you watch it.

Even the bit referring to his own board as the "circus upstairs". :lol:

Did he know he'd be sacked before it'd be televised?!

Terry Howard, the guy "sacked" at half time, actually came to my local boys Wycombe not long after, and was good for us.

Classical Mechanic

Amazing, however many times you watch it.

Even the bit referring to his own board as the "circus upstairs". :lol:

Did he know he'd be sacked before it'd be televised?!

Terry Howard, the guy "sacked" at half time, actually came to my local boys Wycombe not long after, and was good for us.
It ruined his management career. There was this back in the day too when the ref was miked up and Tony Adams called him a cheat. People just weren’t used to being recorded and filmed back then I don’t think.

ExecutionerWasp001

Hard to see the Keegan rant being topped as the biggest manager meltdown. I still remember how shocked i was when watching it as it came out of nowhere. Unbelievable to think how much pressure he must have been putting on himself to blow up like this.

Think the Summerbee meltdown is the biggest we've seen from a pundit. He got the hump with the repeated replays of the Rooney overhead, even though it was the most spectacular goal scored in the derby. He then started saying City were the better team with more chances & more possession. Sky then brought up a stats graphic showing that none of this was true. He then said he wasn't interested in stats. He started ranting the next day that Sky were biased towards Utd. Don't think he ever appeared on Sky again.

Last edited: