Greatest left backs of all time are right footed.. (Left-footers not trusted at RB?)

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I was watching the Champions League final from 1998 today for example and I'd concur with that. He was very tenacious and timed his tackles well.. he liked throwing himself about and wasn't lazy defensively.
Carlos stakes a claim to be the greatest wing-back of all time, but as a left-back falls a little short defensively. He had a lot of exceptional defensive qualities - incredible strength, dynamism, aggression, pace, rarely beaten in the 50-50. But coming straight after a defensive monster like Maldini, his concentration and positioning weren't in the same ballpark and he was on the end of some unfavourable comparisons. Put him into the game today and he'd be miles ahead of any other left back.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Carlos stakes a claim to be the greatest wing-back of all time, but as a left-back falls a little short defensively. He had a lot of exceptional defensive qualities - incredible strength, dynamism, aggression, pace, rarely beaten in the 50-50. But coming straight after a defensive monster like Maldini, his concentration and positioning weren't in the same ballpark and he was on the end of some unfavourable comparisons. Put him into the game today and he'd be miles ahead of any other left back.
Bang on the money. Agree with all that, I was just saying he was solid and definitely compared to anyone today he was top quality even in a defensive sense. But obviously compared to the names in my OP.. his positional sense isn't in the same league.

Gopher Brown

I was always right footed. I used to play football every night on the school yard and i was probably about 12 when decided to only ever use my left foot when playing Gooma. After i few years i still primerily used my right foot for dribbling but had a far more powerful and accurate shot using my left foot. Scored some screamers with it. Looking back now i am quite proud of how it developed as not many people in the teams i played for could use 2 feet and actually have an advantage with the weeker foot.
Just like Morten Gamst Pederson is naturally right footed but his dad made him train using only his left foot. As a result, he 'became' left footed and was fairly poor on his right - to the extent of taking corners and free kicks with his left.

On another note, why do commentators always say left footed players have a 'wand of a left foot?' I have never heard anyone say, "He has a wand of a right foot" - even Beckham.