Hansi Flick (sack) watch

RoyH1

Any big names available? I know Nagelsmann is out there but my German friends assure me that's not going to happen.

The Firestarter

Nagelsman is far too young for this job. Would be another massive mistake from both parties in fact.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
LVG looks absolutely golden compared to some of the other names thrown around by bild.
I know too little of the current German squad but it would be typically van Gaal to make them Weltmeister instead of us after three attempts.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I know too little of the current German squad but it would be typically van Gaal to make them Weltmeister instead of us after three attempts.
The guy hasn’t won an international trophy since 95 (97 if you include the uefa super cup), so I very much doubt he could make anyone Weltmeister, let alone an average German team.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
These things happen, England shouldnt be getting beat 4-0 at home by Hungary but they somehow managed to.
If it had been a one-off result you would be right. But this year Germany has a disastrous record of 1 win, 1 draw and 4 losses.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Are the Germans lacking a bit of talent/depth to choose from? Still no great or recognisable CF options (quick browse has Havertz as playing there again yesterday)?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Yes. Germany than went on to reach the final of the World Cup that match was a qualifier for while England embarassed itself as usually in the actual tournament. But it's good memory, the current crisis can be compared to that 20 years ago that also saw Völler trying to right the course.
And his mindset is from the last milennium. I welcome this opportunity for him to fail with his antiquated views.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Are the Germans lacking a bit of talent/depth to choose from? Still no great or recognisable CF options (quick browse has Havertz as playing there again yesterday)?
There is a lack at RB, and CF is indeed an issue as Germany currently lacks a true top striker - we either have someone like Havertz, who should be better technical, or limited strikers like Füllkrug and Behrens, who are true strikers, but not really have the quality expected for the NT.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
There is a lack at RB, and CF is indeed an issue as Germany currently lacks a true top striker - we either have someone like Havertz, who should be better technical, or limited strikers like Füllkrug and Behrens, who are true strikers, but not really have the quality expected for the NT.
Yeah thank you Stefan. I looked at the tea sheets at quick glance yesterday and saw Kimmich at RB and figured it was because of a lack of options because you fielded Can & Gundogan in midfield. CF seems an issue yeah, especially if you’re having to reply on Havertz as your CF.

RedRocket9908

For RB they have players like Joshua Kimmich, Ridle Baku, Benjamin Henrichs, and Marius Wolff

For CF there is players like Karim Adeyemi, Youssoufa Moukoko, Jonathon Burkardt, and Lukas Nmecha

Marauder1

Supports
Ex Liverpool.Football Agnostic
First german manager since the role was created in 1926 to sacked. Pub quiz shit that. Probably not the achievement Flick was going for :lol:

Irwin99

First german manager since the role was created in 1926 to sacked. Pub quiz shit that. Probably not the achievement Flick was going for :lol:
Really?! Feck that's kind of impressive :eek:

I'm not sure what's up with the Germans. It's a stereotype but even shite German terms always did pretty well for the most part ('mentality' and 'toughness' and all that) and this team does have talent.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Who was that old guy who was in charge at Euro 2000? Probably the worst ever German side I've seen at major tournament (up to the last few years at least) so I assume with his age he was gracefully allowed to "step down" rather than be sacked. Unless he was OOC. Also guessing Voeller was also out of contract in 2004 (if he'd been English he'd have got a 10 year contract extension after reaching a World cup final).

Optics would be terrible but it wouldn't shock me if they got Low back on a strict six month deal just to get them though the euros as I can't really think of anyone decent who's Germany and out of work currently aside from Nagelsmann.

If it had been this time last year then Tuchel would've been obvious choice. Only other who comes to mind is Roger Schmidt, six months left on his deal at Benfica so might be possible to prise him away early.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
That's actually nuts. A bit of a crisis for German football all over at the moment.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Yea our RB and ST options aren't as good as midfield, but I would still rather have a proper RB there like Henrichs or Klostermann than makeshift ones like Wolf and Kimmich. Similarly, rather have a proper ST than fecking Havertz.

You need people who atleast understand the position than those who would have an inclination to play to their natural roles.

Henrichs and Klostermann aren't scrubs (Henrichs has improved since moving to RB), they play for one of the biggest teams in Germany. Fullkrug recently moved to one himself.

Plastic Evra

ZDF thinks the prospects might be :
Julian Nagelsmann, Jürgen Klopp (not likely),
Oliver Glasner (Former Eintracht Frankfurt), Rudi Völler & Stefan Kuntz (U21 manager).

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I'm not the biggest Nagelsmann fan but I guess it'll be him and it will probably be the best ofnthe at least somewjat realistic options. My dream solution would be Klopp but this will be very difficult. At best I could imagine that he takes over for the EC preparation. Not ideal as he can't get to know the players but Liverpool won't let him leave during the season and he wouldn't do such a thing anyway

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Oliver Glasner (Former Eintracht Frankfurt), Rudi Völler & Stefan Kuntz (U21 manager).
He's head coach of Turkey since 2021. He would have been the man to make the change to a younger generation in the national team, but it wasn't to be.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Isn't Stefan Kuntz the manager of Turkey right now? I remember he went to Turkey while Loew was manager and I was pissed because I thought Low should've been removed by then and Kuntz was a perfect replacement given how well he did with the U-21's (3 finals in a row, winning twice). Seems to be doing decently there.

Glasner would be decent.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Germany sack a treble winning manager because they're intent on actually winning.

England stick with a Championship manager because he brings good vibes.

I wonder who will win another major trophy first.

Plastic Evra

Germany sack a treble winning manager because they're intent on actually winning.

England stick with a Championship manager because he brings good vibes.

I wonder who will win another major trophy first.
France.

He's head coach of Turkey since 2021. He would have been the man to make the change to a younger generation in the national team, but it wasn't to be.
Isn't Stefan Kuntz the manager of Turkey right now? I remember he went to Turkey while Loew was manager and I was pissed because I thought Low should've been removed by then and Kuntz was a perfect replacement given how well he did with the U-21's (3 finals in a row, winning twice). Seems to be doing decently there.

Glasner would be decent.
:D Well either the person I read misunderstood or ZDF is really confident they could entice him off the Turkish selection then.