Happy break from International break

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We've got one month of football back.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Wouldn't mind the October break if the September one didn't exist.

It's remarkable how little I care about England outside of the major tournaments

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
International football just needs to generally feck off until Euro 2024 now.

PoTMS

Just the two more international breaks to contend with this year.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't know why but this international break has felt even longer and more boring than usual.
I think because we only just got football back with crowds and it was immediately interrupted. And of course, we are all waiting on Ronaldo.

drdoityourself

This felt extra long and empty. I will be telling my grandchildren tales of how I lived through the September international break of '21.

EtH

This felt extra long and empty. I will be telling my grandchildren tales of how I lived through the September international break of '21.
Indeed. It has been a long, cold September winter.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I wish they just spent a month of doing qualifiers. The games would probably be better as the players would gel more. I think Wenger argued for this recently.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Despise International football almost as much as I despise the Dippers.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I don't know why but this international break has felt even longer and more boring than usual.
We say this after every international break. It's the longest and most boring one until the next one.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It's a strange relationship with international football. The tournaments in the summer are a God send in those long barren months but the process of getting to those tournaments? Feck off.

stevoc

They should scrap the qualifiers and just let every country participate in the World Cup. Have giant 200+ team tournaments. Get it all over and fecking done with in one 6-8 week period every 4 years.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
They should scrap the qualifiers and just let every country participate in the World Cup. Have giant 200+ team tournaments. Get it all over and fecking done with in one 6-8 week period every 4 years.
Just feck off the friendlies pre Tournament and have the qualifiers then instead.

USREDEVIL

This intl break actually was fairly opportune for us since we got to bed in Ronaldo and gave a chance for McT to be back fit.

But generally speaking,...yeah. Especially for U.S. fans since it's always the same, easy/semi-easy to qualify, then we're out fairly soon. Rinse and repeat.

Bertie Wooster

Just feck off the friendlies pre Tournament and have the qualifiers then instead.
So no teams / fans know who have qualified for the tournament until the very last moment? That would be complete chaos for organising everything from travel for fans, home base for each nation, etc.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
So no teams / fans know who have qualified for the tournament until the very last moment? That would be complete chaos for organising everything from travel for fans, home base for each nation, etc.
In that case, lets just have a tug of war settle it and feck off these stupid qualifiers.

Bertie Wooster

From a United point of view, I hate the international breaks - especially the ones early in the season that break the season up just as it's starting.

But I really enjoy international football - especially the major tournaments - so I wouldn't like to see those go. And if they're to remain, then we need qualifiers, and so we need international windows to play them in. So, as far as I'm concerned, the only debate is about can we organise the windows better - scrap the early one, play them more in one block, play fewer friendlies, etc. Other than that, I'd hate to see internationals end, especially the summer tournaments, and so am fully accepting that the international breaks mostly have to stay in one form or another.

Last edited:

stevoc

In that case, lets just have a tug of war settle it and feck off these stupid qualifiers.
Just play the qualifiers virtually over zoom calls through the medium of charades. Sorted.

redrobed

Usually I wouldn’t mind it but this break we’ve managed to draw with each of El Salvador and Canada. Often I quite like cheering for our boys while they represent their countries (with the exception of the English lads - then I cheer for the opponent of course :D )