Happy No more Woodie day!

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
We awake this morning at the start of a brave new world.
A world without Wood. A world full of optimism, opportunities and competence. A world where football decisions are taken by football men yet we still retain our noodle and tractor partnerships.

The king is dead, long live the king!!

May our glorious leader, Chairman Arnold lead us ever forwards.

A happy no more woodie day to one and all. (Needs a snappier title for sure)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Read that as Wordle and got excited then.

No more Woodie is cool too I s’pose.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Tbf New York Times have bought Wordle so that’ll be gone very soon too
Yeah it’s going to be behind a paywall soon I guess. I’m pleased for the developer to be honest.

Ixion

Ding dong the witch it dead.

I hope he has no more influence from beyond the grave

Mike Smalling

Ding dong the witch it dead.

I hope he has no more influence from beyond the grave
Five years later a new thread titled 'Damage done by the Woodward regime' will be made, when we fail to qualify for the European Conference League.

Uniquim

Yeah it’s going to be behind a paywall soon I guess. I’m pleased for the developer to be honest.
“When the game moves to the New York Times, Wordle will be free to play for new and existing players, and no changes will be made to its gameplay,” the newspaper promised, a pledge Wardle echoed in his statement.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
I thought Woodward was still going to be a consultant? So hes not really leaving?

OverratedOpinion

I commend his leadership, surely no one can argue that he's left us in a great state that will make it smooth sailing for his successor.

Yakuza_devils

Don't celebrate too soon. This is only the beginning. Hope his mate Arnold is totally different from him and together with Murtough are able to modernize our football structure after 9 years too late since SAF retired.

Korwas

I hope we start winning now, but if we suck in a few years I hope people stop talk about Woodward and move on.

Bestietom

We awake this morning at the start of a brave new world.
A world without Wood. A world full of optimism, opportunities and competence. A world where football decisions are taken by football men yet we still retain our noodle and tractor partnerships.

The king is dead, long live the king!!

May our glorious leader, Chairman Arnold lead us ever forwards.

A happy no more woodie day to one and all. (Needs a snappier title for sure)
Would be much happier if we got rid of Glazers.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
The most incompetent and inept person we’ve had at the club for a long long time.

Laurencio

Let's hope Arnold delegates the actual running of the football club to football people.

If he tells an investor "It doesn't matter how we do on the pitch for what we can do in terms of revenue", like Ed did, I think I'll jump in a lake

Chairman Steve

Our best deadline day outgoing to be honest.

Him and Gary Lineker can go chum up together on a more regular basis.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Good, piss off you gormless idiotic chinless surrey banker wanker spunk bubble gobshite and never venture further north than watford gap again. You are persona non grata.

phelans shorts

Yeah, as shitty as capitalism and all this crap is, it’s better that the actual developer is getting the massive payout rather than some grubby bugger who copies it to sell on

Gordon Godot

This. Clueless tw*t was the worst thing to happen to this club.
100% agree. Many on here seem not to fully understand quite how utterly useless he was, ineptitude of the highest order. The GLazers bear the ulimate responsbility but how Woodward was allowed to lurch from one misjudged and often catastrophic managerial appointments to the next, with absolutely no football structure in place, bloated squads and players on ludicrous wages even when not playing, will go down in professional sports history as one of the most inept periods of 'leadership' we have seen. I dont see any great signs that we have learnt either.

PoTMS

If I have to see that bumbling fool's smug face again, it'll be too soon. I know it's irrational and disproportionate but I can't help but hate him the same way I hate Boris.

Newstyle

Changing a yes man to another won’t change anything I’m afraid :nervous:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Changing a yes man to another won’t change anything I’m afraid :nervous:
Nothing will change.
Probably not. The fact Arnold seemingly wants to delegate football matters is a start, but it's the people he's delegating to that I have little faith in. When I heard they were completely against sacking Ole I knew they were more 'jobs for the boys' type of people.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Honestly, what's going to change? Are people really expecting Richard Arnold to be massively different?

We have Murtough as Football Director. Yet, we're briefing we can't make moves in the market because we don't know who the manager will be. I mean, I thought the whole point of having a Football Director was that he chose the players for a certain style and chose a coach to suit that. Obviously Murtough isn't doing that so what is he doing?

Deckchairs. Titanic. Nothing has changed.

goptun

Honestly, what's going to change? Are people really expecting Richard Arnold to be massively different?

We have Murtough as Football Director. Yet, we're briefing we can't make moves in the market because we don't know who the manager will be. I mean, I thought the whole point of having a Football Director was that he chose the players for a certain style and chose a coach to suit that. Obviously Murtough isn't doing that so what is he doing?

Deckchairs. Titanic. Nothing has changed.
I'd rather we give the new manager a chance to talk to Ralf, the backroom staff, and the players to assess the situation as opposed to making a desperate January signing from abroad, for a player who in all likelihood will need a couple of months to adjust anyway. It seemed like the best we could have gotten was either Kamara or Haidara. Will they also be our first choices in the summer? Because the last thing we need is to add more potential deadwood to our already huge pile.

ON TOPIC: Good riddance to bad Wood. He brought plywood when we needed oak.

Maticmaker

Hasn't he gone back to whence he came...JP Morgan Bank?

Wasn't accepting Woodward as CEO, part of the deal for the Glazers' to access the money from JP Morgan for the original buy-out?
Does his recall to the Bank mean the 'dead-hand' of the financiers has been lifted...or has that always been there with Joel & Co ?
Guess we shall have to wait and see!