Other Hard Cell (Netflix) 2022

RedPed

Whatabouter.

Just watched this series on Netflix (6 x 30min episodes) created by, directed by and starring Catherine Tate.

Some great characters, funny scenes, hilarious play on words throughout and a fantastic ending that even though you can see it coming is still shocking and brilliantly executed. Episode 6 well worth the wait.

Tate's a fecking genius.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Is this a piss take? It looks like one of the worst things ever. Catherine Tate is fecking awful.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
They've done a 2-minute long trailer to present what they think is their best stuff, and there's actual fart jokes on there.

How fecking dire must the actual show be? :lol:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
They've done a 2-minute long trailer to present what they think is their best stuff, and there's actual fart jokes on there.

How fecking dire must the actual show be? :lol:
Bit of a hard sell isn't it.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yeah Tate is a bellend.

Why does she want to play multiple characters when every time she is just Catherine Tate with the same annoying accent, expressions and movements, just with a different wig on.

Sweet Square

Audience score is high. Critic score is low.
Funny and heartfelt and very The Office. It has everything i like from the office and none of the stuff I hated from the office. It's balance between comedy and heartfelt character development and idle human moments is nailed. I laughed and laughed and laughed. CATHERINE TATE is PHENOMENAL. What a talented human being. Viv killed me, and MamMy had me stabbed-- I'M EXCITEEEEEEEEEEEEED! For season 2. I'm definitely going to rewatch it.
Genuinely enjoyed this series and everyone with a brain knows the stereotypes portrayed are not a true representative the Welsh or Scottish etc. Although we did once know a Welsh family where none of us could understand what the husband was saying 99% of the time so maybe that's why I found it funnier.
I don't know what these critic reviews are talking about. Yes, the first episode is a bit slow, but it still has its moments. However, in the second episode they draw you deeper into the characters and the show really finds its comedic stride. Not to mention the season finale, which is one of the best/wildest I have ever seen for a half-comedy.