Harry Amass

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Nice! Is that Harrison in goals? Great pass.
That is Tom Myles; Elyh Harrison has played only a couple of U-18 league games this season, if I recall correctly.

Prodigal7

Obviously I’m not putting him on par with Greenwood, but he was the same effortlessness to his game. Very promising player.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Hearing lots of good things about him. Do those who watch regularly think he could be around the first team squad next season?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Hearing lots of good things about him. Do those who watch regularly think he could be around the first team squad next season?
If our LB situation doesn't improve then it's hard to see how he doesn't play some sort of role.

Actually no, thought he was 18 for some reason, he's actually only 16 so very unlikely.

Last edited:

Mylock

Looks a serious talent, can see him training with the 1st team later in the season as a reward for his great form, needs to grow, but looks to have it all.

KevinJoh

Next season no, he is too young, he is 16 now. But once he is 18 definitely.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i wouldn’t be comfortable having a player around the first team that whose name sounds like slang for a furry bumhole.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
All of next season might be a bridge too far for Amass, Lacey, Jack Fletcher and Fitzgerald, considering their developmental trajectories. But some of them could definitely play a role by the finishing stages of next season (like Mainoo and Garnacho in seasons gone by). In Amass' specific case, he might even get a headstart if Shaw and Malacia's fitness woes persist (and he's forced into action). Depending on their adaptation to the First Team, we might want to clear the decks and provide uncluttered pathways for the best of 'em (read: jettison Malacia in the medium term if Amass hits the ground running). Still smarting from the transfer of Kovář to Bayer Leverkusen (he was the most complete goalkeeper we have brought through in recent years, methinks — more so than Henderson, Vitek, Harrison and the likes), and worried about situations where we impede the progress of (or even lose) potential difference makers because the manager has a distinct preference his hand-picked favorites (who have largely underwhelmed, if we're being honest) and further reinforces the squad with the likes of Bayındır, Amrabat, Reguilón et cetera (who are just not of the requisite level, unfortunately).

BehemothTerror

Think given the buzz around the likes of Lacey, Fletcher, Ibra and such has resulted in just how well Amass is doing this season so far in his development not being picked up on. There's still work to do but the potential has really been evident at times this season. He's still very young at 16 but hope he kicks on then maybe we can see him in the u21s next season

Mickson

Think given the buzz around the likes of Lacey, Fletcher, Ibra and such has resulted in just how well Amass is doing this season so far in his development not being picked up on. There's still work to do but the potential has really been evident at times this season. He's still very young at 16 but hope he kicks on then maybe we can see him in the u21s next season
Maybe see him in the U21 next season? U21 is where careers go to die. He should be considered for the first team.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not sure about that, think he's universally rated as one of our best talents :lol:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Not sure about that, think he's universally rated as one of our best talents :lol:
I agree, he’s the one U18 player who I see getting the most praise, as he probably should. And with Lacey & Ibra missing large parts of the season, he’s been hyped a lot more I’d say.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Maybe see him in the U21 next season? U21 is where careers go to die. He should be considered for the first team.
Rubbish, playing U21 doesn't mean he can't play any U18, youth cup, or first team games, it just means he'll get challenged against older, more experienced lads to try to get him more physically and mentally ready for a loan or the first team.

Drainy

Well done on being the first to spot this under the radar talent

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's definitely a big prospect for the left back role. The technical quality he showed in the sequence below is absolutely outstanding.

Remember the geese

Sometimes when you watch a player, you just know. I remember being impressed with him on his debut. Everything I've seen from him since then has only confirmed my suspicions. Very promising player.

Sancho99

Looks a promising talent. Only criticism I have of him is that he seems very one footed at times. Very interested to see how he develops.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Great to see a promising talent like him who can go in for Shaw eventually where it's hopefully a seamless transition and we don't drop levels. If only we could do have a promising right back...

top1whoisman

Scout
Has he trained with the first team before this? I feel like he should have.
Not sure, haven’t seen any photos before. He could have especially during international breaks when we’re low in numbers. Generally I prefer it this way, keep a new, hyped signing kind of under wraps and let him get used to new surroundings etc.

Prodigal7

I really hope he makes it. He’s as good as anyone in tight spaces which is where the modern game is mostly won and lost. A real pleasure to watch play.
He's definitely a big prospect for the left back role. The technical quality he showed in the sequence below is absolutely outstanding.

This sums up for me why he’s an absolutely elite level talent. It was effortless, always in control. With that kind of ability he may even be able to establish a career as a top level midfielder , if raw pace and power become an issue for him in the left back role.

dutchred

Natural successor to Shaw. Fingers crossed for injury, will save us having to buy a left back

Remember the geese

Shaw at centre back, Amass left back...

Not going to happen of course, but it would be great to see him break into the first team squad in the next year or two. Quality talent.

top1whoisman

Scout
Thought he got a loan?
He did.

”The player will continue to train and be able to play for United’s Under-21s group, while benefiting from the experience and challenges of non-league football intermittently throughout the remainder of the season. He will enjoy a greater volume of games and a more diverse range of experiences.

”The opportunity to still train and play games for the Academy means that the player will benefit from a bespoke and flexible programme, with coaches able to make decisions on their schedule week-by-week”.

Ekeke

Thought he got a loan?
Think its a part-time loan like a few of the others, some time away and some time with us depending on what we have decided for that week. So he'll be with them to get some games and he'll also be with us so he can be involved