Harry Kane MBE | Performances

Cloud7

Is it my imagination or has Kane really been racking in the injuries this season? Though fortunately for him he isn’t overly reliant on pace, so all these injuries shouldn’t affect his natural game that much.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Is it my imagination or has Kane really been racking in the injuries this season? Though fortunately for him he isn’t overly reliant on pace, so all these injuries shouldn’t affect his natural game that much.
It's the same injury over and over pretty much, ankle issues.

Seems to me like maybe we're rushing him back a bit and it's healing but not fully? Either that or it's simply going to be an issue for the rest of the career and we really can't do much about it, I don't know much about the medical end of things so can't really say.

But it's always the ankle..

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
No way Kane gets close to Shearer.

Shearer was phenomenal because he was tough and durable on top of his skill set.

Kane just won’t get the games under his belt while he’s in his peak years to reach that milestone.

acnumber9

Seems to me like maybe we're rushing him back a bit and it's healing but not fully? Either that or it's simply going to be an issue for the rest of the career and we really can't do much about it, I don't know much about the medical end of things so can't really say.

His thirst for individual awards could be his undoing. Always rushes himself back to try and win the golden boot. It will catch up with him eventually.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

Shearer was phenomenal because he was tough and durable on top of his skill set.

Kane just won’t get the games under his belt while he’s in his peak years to reach that milestone.
First season in a while he won't net 20 league goals. Shame but you might be right, it could eventually hold him back.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

283 top flight league goals for Shearer. Kane is on 125. It's doable but I think Kane needs at least two monster seasons.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
His thirst for individual awards could be his undoing. Always rushes himself back to try and win the golden boot. It will catch up with him eventually.
You say rushes himself back, but it's the clubs decision ultimately. I doubt our medical team are letting him return if they think he's at risk, or at least I would hope not.

In this case I think he needs to protect himself a bit better, he's gone in seriously hard on that tackle and it's just unfortunate he's got another nasty one in the same area.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
283 top flight league goals for Shearer. Kane is on 125. It's doable but I think Kane needs at least two monster seasons.
He’s need to average 20 goals a season from the age of 26 to 34 and that’s just league goals.

If he’s going to keep missing large stretches of games he doesn’t stand a chance.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Kane is 25 (26 in a few months). Even if he scored an average of 25 league goals per season in his next six seasons he'd be short. I don't think he'll do it

Carolina Red

Staff
Shearer has an advantage in that the last years of the First Division and first years of the Premier League had more than 38 matches.

He had a couple of very shortened seasons with Newcastle, but made up for it by scoring something like 70 goals after turning 30.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Aren't his numbers better than Shearer's at the same age? Shearer had a few seasons after the age of 26 where he was pretty much out injured.

Carolina Red

Staff
Aren't his numbers better than Shearer's at the same age? Shearer had a few seasons after the age of 26 where he was pretty much out injured.
I think Shearer was at 135 1D/PL goals at 26 and Kane will be at 125 PL goals, assuming he doesn’t play again this season.

acnumber9

You say rushes himself back, but it's the clubs decision ultimately. I doubt our medical team are letting him return if they think he's at risk, or at least I would hope not.

In this case I think he needs to protect himself a bit better, he's gone in seriously hard on that tackle and it's just unfortunate he's got another nasty one in the same area.
If he says he’s fit what are they going to do? He always comes back way ahead of schedule and the injury keeps recurring. That’s pretty solid evidence he’s coming back too early.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Might hurt his chances of a big summer move. lol

MuranoLover

I think Shearer was at 135 1D/PL goals at 26 and Kane will be at 125 PL goals, assuming he doesn’t play again this season.
The thing with Shearer is he had 3 golden seasons where he made more than 1/3 of his goals , from 94 to 96 , he had 31 , 34 , 31 goals

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Shearer had a cruciate injury in 92 then ankle ligaments in 97. Wasn't the same player after the second injury, though still scored loads could have been even better. Had to change his game almost completely.

Shame Kane won't be fit for nations cup as we have a reasonable chance in it.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Kane is perfectly capable of beating Shearer's PL record. Doesn't he have 260? That's 135 left, assuming he gets 20+ goals until he's 30, he could easily surpass him if he stays in the PL his entire career.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Kane is perfectly capable of beating Shearer's PL record. Doesn't he have 260? That's 135 left, assuming he gets 20+ goals until he's 30, he could easily surpass him if he stays in the PL his entire career.
Kane will be 26 by season end. So if he gets 20 goals till 30 then he will be on 205 league goals.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Kane will be 26 by season end. So if he gets 20 goals till 30 then he will be on 205 league goals.
Depends on how he gets on in his later years then, but like some already said in here, he's not overly reliant on pace or anything so I still think it'd be possible. Maybe he even steps up to another level and has 2 full seasons in which he scored more than 50 goals combined, who knows.

It'll all depend on whether he decides that Tottenham is good enough to spend his entire career there.

Needham

Regardless of this recurring injury, I've said before that Kane is looking at a Rooneyfied later years albeit in no way brought on by himself. You can be as clean living as a St Bute's monk, but if your physiology deems it you'll slow and pull up to the point of lacking all utility. He's hunched and bordering on heavy. Wondeful now but this is his peak.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Depends on how he gets on in his later years then, but like some already said in here, he's not overly reliant on pace or anything so I still think it'd be possible. Maybe he even steps up to another level and has 2 full seasons in which he scored more than 50 goals combined, who knows.

It'll all depend on whether he decides that Tottenham is good enough to spend his entire career there.
Even if the player isn't overly reliant on pace, the physical decline is obvious unless he keeps up like Ronaldo. So whatever pace he has, he will be even slower. Slower off the mark, slower in reflexes. To add to this, he keeps getting that ankle injury.

135 goals more and he is 26. So He should score 20 league goals for next 7 years unless he has few amazing seasons (which he is capable of).

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Even if the player isn't overly reliant on pace, the physical decline is obvious unless he keeps up like Ronaldo. So whatever pace he has, he will be even slower. Slower off the mark, slower in reflexes. To add to this, he keeps getting that ankle injury.

135 goals more and he is 26. So He should score 20 league goals for next 7 years unless he has few amazing seasons (which he is capable of).
Agreed with your last sentence. If I had to make a guess right now I'd say he falls short, but he's definitely capable of beating it and will probably be at least top 3 if he stays at Tottenham.

Aguero and Aubameyang will turn 31 and 30 in June and they're still banging them in for fun, I think Kane could be the same. Anyway, he should allow himself to get fully fit first and foremost.

deadrevelz

I mean he did get stamped on the ankle and his leg twisted, not surprised it caused an injury, especially if he still wasn't fully fit.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham

The injuries seem to come from tackles, either by Kane or others. I'd like to see Kane stop tackling, I don't think it will take much away from his game, and he can still press with high intensity. I'm sure there is a weakness there, but some of the injuries come from the situations Kane find himself in.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Does Kane come back from injuries before he should? That's what it seems like anyway... would probably be good for his body to have the rest of the season/ summer off.

Wittmann45

I know the Nations League is kind of interesting, but it would be really good for him to have a summer off, even if it would have just been a couple games for the semis and final/losers final

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Meaning:

City in the UCL semis.

Big chance for Utd. to finish 4th-5th, Spurs 6th.
Spurs have done better in the league without him than with him in the team for the most part of the season, and actually managed to score without him as well on Tuesday.