Harry Kane MBE | Performances

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Samid, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Sep 9, 2019

kouroux 45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

I agree with this. However "forcing" Kane to start (he was never gonna say no) wasn't wise when he wasn't fit.
  2. Sep 9, 2019

Zlatan 7 Full Member

Apologies for the late quote, just reading the thread.

Do you think he’d hang around with you if you were mid table and not in champions league places? Just because of his ‘fan like’ affinity for the club?

I think he’s just comfy at spurs tbh, not expected to win anything but still getting the glory of playing in big completions
  3. Sep 9, 2019

InLevyITrust Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    I guess its all how you look at it.
  4. Sep 9, 2019

Zlatan 7 Full Member

Yes, of course.
    I think if spurs were mid table he’d be wanting a move to a champions league club and this affinity would go out of the window. How do you look at it
  5. Sep 9, 2019

FrankDrebin New Member

Come on people,you can only be classed as a great player if you win things.Duh.
    White text.White text.White text.
  6. Sep 9, 2019

balaks Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    I'd argue Spurs are expected to win things and that is why there is such a flurry of posts in here for example whenever we have fallen short - if we were not expected to win anything nobody would make any comment. The fact that we have not yet won anything doesn't mean we are happy to accept that - we are pushing hard every year to make that next step - that isn't 'comfy'.
  7. Sep 9, 2019

balaks Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    You realise football is a team game right?
  8. Sep 9, 2019

RobinLFC Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I'd say you're definitely not expected to win things. No one expects you to win the Premier League or Champions League, and the two domestic cups are always a lottery. You could win them but no one expects Spurs to lift the trophy before the tournament starts.

The only team "expected" to win things in England at the moment is City.
  9. Sep 9, 2019

Zlatan 7 Full Member

You are certainly not expected to win things. Win what? No one expects you to win the league or champions league. Maybe a league cup would be nice but no one cares about that anymore do they? I don’t think Poch does ?

Edit: ah well, @RobinLFC beat me to it
  10. Sep 9, 2019

SquishyMcSquish Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    No, loyalty has its limits. But the fact he's a fan means he's prepared to be more patient than others have, and because he believes we are capable of winning trophies he's prepared to stick with us. A world class striker like him would almost certainly have left the club by now if he had no affinity for it.

I mean .. he's happy? I don't think that means comfy. You can see how frustrated he gets when we fall short and honestly I think he's our player who wants a trophy the most, he's desperate for it. He's happy playing for this club but not content with the level we're at, no way.
  11. Sep 9, 2019

Scroto Baggins Full Member

I dont think his staying is unconditional. But from his point of view, he can ride out his contract another year, still be 26-27. Then put himself on the market, is there a team that would not be interested in his services?. Out and out striker in his prime, can guarantee you 20+ goals a season, all round professional, no Balotelli antics. Leader, works hard for the team, doesnt seem the type to sulk and throw his toys out of the pram. Not a lot of downside really to going in for him other than the astronomical cost.

But as it stands playing at the club he has beena fan of since he was young, on 200k/week, CL football. Doesnt seem all bad for Kane.
  12. Sep 9, 2019

SquishyMcSquish Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Probably not, but it's been overstated as a reason for us losing the final because it suits the narrative. None of our attacking players did anything of note. Son was probably the most dangerous but only because of pace, he didn't do anything decisive and was pretty comfortably shackled by VVD. I don't remember Eriksen doing anything and Alli was even worse than Kane. Lucas missed a chance when he came on, which is what he generally does anyway and the Ajax game was an anomaly, and looked quick as fresh legs off the bench .. but one great game doesn't make him some decisive game changer. Poch knew that and that's why he risked Kane, an actual world class forward.
  13. Sep 9, 2019

InLevyITrust Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Of course he would and I would say most Spurs fans wouldn't have a problem with it. That wasn't what I was responding to you about.
  14. Sep 10, 2019

Samid follows Pogue around, fixing his images

He'll make a mockery of Rooney's record.