Harry Winks

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Orny says we're looking at him this window, though, I'm only going by what is said in then tweet, as I'm not subscribed to The Athletic.

What say you Caftards?

Yagami

Good post resistant
I like him because he's quite press resistant, but, aside from that, he's really lacking elsewhere. His passing is underwhelming, and he's just alright defensively. If he can work on increasing his passing range instead of constantly playing it safe, which I think is a mental problem for him rather than a technical one, I think he could become a good midfielder.

Considering our options, I'd definitely take him, but he wouldn't be my first choice either. Not that I can see Spurs selling him to us, or in general, really.

theklr

Young, British and PL-proven = get in.

If we get him cheap I think he could fit quite good, because he is good at small passing to recycle possesion, which we seems to be bad at when pressed.

Also he is a good link-up between defence and offence.

Suvvernmanc

Harry winks holds the ball very well and has a decent range of passing.

His problem is consistency and injury record. My brother, Dad and 2 cousins are season ticket holders and they dont rate him at all. Goes missing for games on end and then after a run of good performances he gets injured. It would be a no from me.

Bwuk

I think he's a good player, but Spurs would want more from us than what he's actually worth.

Avoid.

L1nk

Not that it's news at this point, but our club has to be stupid from top to bottom to think it's prizing Harry Winks away from Tottenham in the January transfer window, the only way we would is for an extortionate fee that he would not be worth.

But hey, we seem to intent on going with Brexit FC despite the fact there are thousands of better options.

This club, I swear to god

theklr

Not that it's news at this point, but our club has to be stupid from top to bottom to think it's prizing Harry Winks away from Tottenham in the January transfer window, the only way we would is for an extortionate fee that he would not be worth.

But hey, we seem to intent on going with Brexit FC despite the fact there are thousands of better options.

Lets all get into a rage by a unconfirmed transfer rumour :)

Or we could wait until something actually happen - or not .

SATA

He’s like Tom Cleverley version 2. An utterly pointless player who does not do anything except passing sideways

izec

Not a fan. I dont think he is complete enough and i also dont think he is worth the price we would need to pay

Yagami

Good post resistant
He’s like Tom Cleverley version 2. An utterly pointless player
On the ball, he is like Tom because he always takes the safe route, but the thing that sets him apart from Tom is that he's good at shielding the ball under pressure, and is quite press resistant in general.

I just had a look on a Spurs forum and it seems like the majority don't really rate him.

A Spurs fans reaction to ours and Citys supposed interest said:
Why would they want a backwards passing League One player!?

memelord

the english julian weigl but for thrice the price: good for 100 sideways passes, being overrun in midfield, slowing down tempo :houllier:

bsCallout

Don't rate him at all. When our biggest weakness is creativity I don't think he is anything like what we need.

slored1

He's alright if he's used in the right system. But there are certainly many better options on the market.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Bang average and would be expensive. I would accept a deal including Matic, but thats seems very unlikely since Ole said he is staying and maybe even extending. I think the club has an option for another year.

Snafu17

I'd take him for a reasonable price. We desperately need bodies in midfield, so getting someone in who can perform a decent level every week makes sense to me, even if he just ends up being a squad player on the long run.

Of course reasonable price is not really a thing when you're dealing with Levy, so this is all a bit pointless.

Last edited:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I rate him personally, his stock is down right now due to Jose being a bit shit. Thought he did well last season. But his injuries concerns me as he'll get more here because we're United and thats what happens.

For the price he'll end up being surely there are better options in Europe though? At least he wouldn't need much of a settling in period mind.

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

I just had a look on a Spurs forum and it seems like the majority don't really rate him.
I wouldn't really use that as a gauge of a players ability, have a look on the Caf and you'd struggle to find a single United player that the majority rate either

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Why do people keep persisting with this bullshit? At this point, are you actively ignoring all the links with foreign players and jurst pretending we are only after British talent?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Left back? If so do you guys think will he replace Shaw?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Left back? If so do you guys think will he replace Shaw?
Winks is a CM, I like him and is a very useful player to have but his injury record isn't great. To the people saying he just passes back, this is probably the one thing he doesn't do he tries to be progressive and players with his head up.

Skills

Snitch
He'll cost too much relative to his actual value on the pitch. See Maguire and AWB. Should avoid at all costs

jamesjimmybyrondean

The link with this guy just seals it for me. We truly want to be Brexit fc. Cantwell Longstaff Rice Maddison Grealish Maguire Bissaka James. Apparently we have the biggest scouting network but have managed to limit ourselves to overhyped, overpriced British players

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Matic is twice better than this bloke, for those who want to see a swap
Maybe he was, but for me Matic isn't twice as good as any PL midfielder now unfortunately.

I'm one of those who would prefer Winks to Rice, but if this is genuinely the kind of level our scouting operation is working on I worry for the future.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He'll cost too much relative to his actual value on the pitch. See Maguire and AWB. Should avoid at all costs
+ the injury concerns.

It would be typical of us to go so balls deep on PL signings when they level between quality and price is at such disparity.

dev1l

You can't expect level headed thoughts from anyone who uses the term "Brexit FC".
Every time we re linked with a British player, this brexit stupidy crops up.
Just for the record yesterday we were linked with a Mexican and with a Portuguese player.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's fecking shit. Ornstein has become quite crap since moving to the Athletic, I can't see us looking at him. He does nothing we're looking for.