Harvey Neville

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Phil's son, played for Valencia youth teams. Signed by United.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Did he failed at Valencia too?

On a serious note. I hope he does well with us. The Nevilles just love United and will give their best for us. Hopefully we'll get a Neville whose also world class. Third time lucky as they say.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is he a defender like his father and uncle?

KM

On a serious note. I hope he does well with us. The Nevilles just love United and will give their best for us. Hopefully we'll get a Neville whose also world class. Third time lucky as they say.
He's 15 years old.
Jesus christ, there's something very wrong with your mind.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout

So much so that Harvey Neville himself played for Citys under 13.

Trizy

Just shows why England players need to go aboard. It obviously helps having 2 professional footballers in your close family and know what's best for your development though.

I can't help but feel if all the top youths at the top English teams went to clubs aboard, England would have a brilliant team by now. Instead of stagnating on City and Chelsea's famed academies.

devilish

He's 15 years old.
Jesus christ, there's something very wrong with your mind.
it was meant to be tongue in cheek. That's why I followed that sentence with on a serious note.

He did switched clubs though. Shitty, Valencia and now us. I wonder what the Neville's opinion on this considering the stick they gave to Pogba for having the temerity of leaving us for greener pastures.

led_scholes

The good thing is that his father is, hopefully, a positive influence. Phil Neville wasn't the most talented guy but he for sure fulfilled his potential because he stayed focused. If his son follows his example, he may not have a career here but he will have elsewhere. Hope he becomes a legend like his uncle and a great servant like his father!

Just shows why England players need to go aboard. It obviously helps having 2 professional footballers in your close family and know what's best for your development though.

I can't help but feel if all the top youths at the top English teams went to clubs aboard, England would have a brilliant team by now. Instead of stagnating on City and Chelsea's famed academies.
England are current U17 and U20 World Champions. Nothing wrong with the youth development at academy level. It's the bit between youth and first team where everyone gets stuck. If they went abroad they would still come back to the same situation. The FA need to create some kind of stepping stone league, but thats a topic for another thread.

Oldyella

it was meant to be tongue in cheek. That's why I followed that sentence with on a serious note.

He did switched clubs though. Shitty, Valencia and now us. I wonder what the Neville's opinion on this considering the stick they gave to Pogba for having the temerity of leaving us for greener pastures.
Imagine the switch to Valencia was simply as his family moved there. He's a little older now so not such a big deal moving away from family

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

I take it you don’t follow youth football. The ridiculous levels of success England have had at youth level in recent years suggests otherwise. I would go as far to say England have the best set of youth players u23 and under in the world right now.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

He left for Valencia because Phil got a job in Spain, and signed for us because Phil’s back in England.

I don’t think you’re allowed to sign for an overseas club at such a young age, he’s not even 16.

devilish

Imagine the switch to Valencia was simply as his family moved there. He's a little older now so not such a big deal moving away from family
Well he was in the UK before moving to Valencia and he preferred City to us. I guess when shit hits fan everyone does what's best for his career. That include 'mercenaries' like Pogba and ultra loyal United fans like the Nevilles.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I take it you don’t follow youth football. The ridiculous levels of success England have had at youth level in recent years suggests otherwise. I would go as far to say England have the best set of youth players u23 and under in the world right now.
There is a bit of difference between winning at lower levels & developing into a top player. Not saying England isn't or can't be doing both, mind.

ivaldo

There is a bit of difference between winning at lower levels & developing into a top player. Not saying England isn't or can't be doing both, mind.
There's a marked change in approach in the last few years, and we are seeing our youth sides focus on technical quality. We are not winning tournaments now because our players are more physically developed than our rivals, it's because they are better footballers. It's true that it's a big step up from youth player to first teamer, but it's certainly looking promising. We could well have another "golden generation" on our hands.

KM

Lads, let's not take this thread off topic please!

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
There's a marked change in approach in the last few years, and we are seeing our youth sides focus on technical quality. We are not winning tournaments now because our players are more physically developed than our rivals, it's because they are better footballers. It's true that it's a big step up from youth player to first teamer, but it's certainly looking promising. We could well have another "golden generation" on our hands.
Sounds good for you guys, and hopefully for United! :)

Oldyella

Big obstacle will be the money in the PL and how many of these players get a chance at their respective first teams.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Hope he does well. If he's able to reach Gary's level, he'd be another cracking player for us.

Also, all the negativity guys like the Neville's (or the CO'92) gets by our fans is all a bit weird for me.

Oldyella

Hope he does well. If he's able to reach Gary's level, he'd be another cracking player for us.

Also, all the negativity guys like the Neville's (or the CO'92) gets by our fans is all a bit weird for me.
If he reached Phil's level it would be handy enough.

Beaucoup

Well he was in the UK before moving to Valencia and he preferred City to us. I guess when shit hits fan everyone does what's best for his career. That include 'mercenaries' like Pogba and ultra loyal United fans like the Nevilles.
Good move for him, the path to the first team at City's academy is non-existent.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Must say it's very cool to have another Neville at United, does anyone know what team he'll be going into, U16s or U18s?

Classical Mechanic

People like to mock the Neville's but they are a family of born winners. Phil and Gary had great careers and their sister Tracey recently was the manager of the England netball team when they beat Australia to win their first ever Commonwealth Gold.

If Harvey has inherited some of their psychological attributes he could go far.

ivaldo

What type of player is he?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What type of player is he?
Think he's a winger. Someone likened his crossing to Beckham on Reddit, although that might be a slight exaggeration.

Trizy

England are current U17 and U20 World Champions. Nothing wrong with the youth development at academy level. It's the bit between youth and first team where everyone gets stuck. If they went abroad they would still come back to the same situation. The FA need to create some kind of stepping stone league, but thats a topic for another thread.
Valid and interesting points, thanks for pointing them out. I'm not from England nor do I follow their youth set up so I'm obviously out of the loop. Was just basing my comments on England's previous record of quality youths since the golden era which is terrible for a country with their population.

The FA obviously are following suit of other countries if they currently as good as you guys mentions. For our sake, lets hope there are several United players in those youth world champion teams.