Has this season hit rock bottom for you yet? If no, what, in particular, will be the final nails in the coffin?

Mr angry

Supports
Bury
Worse than 74 in some ways. Then there was some optimism that a new exciting team was being created and a big clear out of dead wood was happening. Now it's just a hopeless mess

Raw

This honestly feels like it.

Perfect chance to make proper ground on top 4. Just about the 1000th time we get the opportunity to do so and we feck it up again. Against Burnley at home.

It's not just the result, it's the absolute woeful football we play.

El Zoido

Hate to break it to you, but we’re nowhere near rock bottom yet..

Jericholyte2

It can and will get worse don’t worry about that. Then the summer will come and, “the Euros really hampered our negotiating ability”.

Ricardo de la Vega

Rio echoing my thoughts pretty well. Absolutely rubbish. An embarrassment.

Sponsors won’t keep paying top dollar when we are serving up such dross that people can’t even be bothered to turn up anymore. Or leave with 10 mins to go.

Tampa Bay haven’t won a thing since 2007.

That tells you all you need to know about the ambition of our owners.
They clearly dont even care about maximising their profits. Just lazy. Let the money keep rolling in until it doesnt. Then sell. feck off the lot of them.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Genuinely trying to conjure up some angle which allows me to take some enjoyment from watching us right now, but there’s zero there. The club has been gutted, it’s an empty shell that’s beginning to crack.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We all knew that we'd left the front and centre mid woefully light.
We all knew!

Yet we still entered a season with 3 strikers, one a kid, and the other two having to always play together - one out wide.

We all knew the midfield seriously lacked quality too.

Just a mess.

MooseTheMooche

We're free falling. Football is abysmal since I don't know fecking when, but this is a new low. We lose a goal, and it's done and dusted, no aggression, drive forward, nothing. I'm lost for words at this point. But as others have pointed out, it can get worse.

Thepinhead

Well you know you are close to rock bottom when even om MUTV they can't seem to say anything positive at all.

Heinzesight

Feels like rock bottom and it feels like shit. Ole should just walk, not being backed at all. He knows we have a shit squad and it’s just making him look a complete tit.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
This season has been like watching someone shite themselves, slip in it, and break their neck on the way down in slow motion.

And we're still 4 points above Arsenal :lol:

Raw

This season has been like watching someone shite themselves, slip in it, and break their neck on the way down in slow motion.

And we're still 4 points above Arsenal :lol:
It's maddening that we're still 5th, and we likely will be after this game week (Wolves have Liverpool at home).

Just a shred more of consistency and we'd be comfortably in the top 4.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Liverpool winning the league with us in 10th about 50 points behind them....that’ll probably be the low point
Just saying

Enigma_87

You know who
Nope. 37% win rate is actually over achievement for our current manager. I wouldn't be surprised if we are on level points with Burnley come end of February.

We will beat Chelsea away and that will guarantee Ole couple of more months in.

Josep Dowling

Relegation would be rock bottom, until we don’t secure enough points anything is possible!
Have you seen our fixture list? We are four points from 14th with this to come next:

Premier League fixtures

Wolves - Home
Chelsea - Away
Watford - Home
Everton - Away
City - Home
Spurs - Away
Sheffield United - Home

That could literally be 3 points if we are lucky.

Paul_Scholes18

Looking at the table we are not that far above relegation. If we keep Ole and buys noone then we are not fully safe since we can get more injuries and stop getting any wins at all.
I have no worries because we should be able to get 6-8 points at least, but we barely have attacking players around now and also lack a good attacking plan.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It's worse than Moyes, for me. Because everything about us is shit now. With Moyes, he was out of his depth, but there was the core of a decent squad. There was hope that the next manager refreshes the team and gets it right.

There is no hope now. Who comes in and makes this better? Say its Poch, and he's on it and ready to go, how does he make this squad better? How does he attract players? Who is gonna want to come here and play with this lot? Massive wage bill and that's the squad we've got. Nearly a billion quid invested since 2013 and that's what we've got to show for it.

The next manager is destined to fail, as Ole is. The rot is deep. I don't know what the solution is but there is no quick fix. It will get worse before it gets better. The club will need to be hit financially before there is a change in strategy.

Enigma_87

You know who
Have you seen our fixture list? We are four points from 14th with this to come next:

Premier League fixtures

Wolves - Home
Chelsea - Away
Watford - Home
Everton - Away
City - Home
Spurs - Away
Sheffield United - Home

That could literally be 3 points if we are lucky.
We are 11 points off relegation zone though. We will be safe from going down, which was a genuine concern.

Reddevildans

Theres still the season to pan out. We will get beaten by our nearest rivals still. Predict another 6-7 losses in the league. Mauled by city at home. We'll get knocked out in the fa cup and europa once we get a half decent team. This is going to be excruciating. We have been unlucky with injuries because our first 11-13 is quite decent if they play together, but this club has stripped its squad without replacements and considering our recent history of injuries, this has proved a massive mistake.

Just as we think we cant get any lower, we do. The whole club is rotten from the players to the owners.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It's maddening that we're still 5th, and we likely will be after this game week (Wolves have Liverpool at home).

Just a shred more of consistency and we'd be comfortably in the top 4.
We have had a lot of decisions going against us too.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
We've still yet to be knocked out of 3 cups (really only 2 at this point) so the season can still get worse. Also we're currently 5th but might easily finish much lower so there's that.

Josep Dowling

We are 11 points off relegation zone though. We will be safe from going down, which was a genuine concern.
Honestly I’m not so sure. They say the magic number is 40 points which would be two wins away but I can’t see a win amongst that, even Watford at home.

ShinjiNinja26

Nah, just when you think it can’t get any worse the club stoops to new lows. We’ll be scrapping it out just to stay up before long if we continue under this ownership long term. Just look at the Glazers NFL franchise to see what they do to a team.

saivet

People can say, we're 5th, not far from Chelsea and while that is true, Newcastle are also 14th in the league, only 4 points behind us. Aa few more bad results and we could be in the bottom half. It's been low this season, but I wouldn't rule out that we've reached the peak of low just yet.

Enigma_87

You know who
We've still yet to be knocked out of 3 cups (really only 2 at this point) so the season can still get worse. Also we're currently 5th but might easily finish much lower so there's that.
4 points off 14th spot. It has been a crazy season for most of the top teams. We're 14 points off Leicester to put it in perspective.
Honestly I’m not so sure. They say the magic number is 40 points which would be two wins away but I can’t see a win amongst that, even Watford at home.
We do well against the teams that come out and play. Won't be surprised if we beat Spurs and Chelsea in the coming month.

Josep Dowling

4 points off 14th spot. It has been a crazy season for most of the top teams. We're 14 points off Leicester to put it in perspective.

We do well against the teams that come out and play. Won't be surprised if we beat Spurs and Chelsea in the coming month.
Not without Rashford, he’s so important to the way we play. Martial is proving he isn’t good enough. If we didn’t have so many holes in the squad he would be replaced as well.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Feels grim. When told Burnley are just 4 points behind United in the post match interview Dyche's response was to talk about ensuring they get enough points to stay up. We're not going down, but if teams close to us are still looking over their shoulder then it says a lot.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I thought getting knocked-out by Inter in the Europa would be the lowest point, but now I’m betting that losing to Moyes in the last home game will be the crescendo (or diminuendo I suppose).

bondsname

I'm trying hard to stay positive and not let his drain me emotionally, I'm trying really hard to see the positives.

But it's getting more difficult every week.

The worst part is that I can't see anyone succeeding with Manchester United. Not under the current regime. So the thought of acquiring someone like Pochettino, or Nagelsmann doesn't excite me. We will be stuck in the same cycle for many years if things don't change.

John Blund

If we don't bring in anyone in January, we all know Ole is getting sacked by the end of this season. And we rinse and repeat managers until Glazers find something else to "invest" in.