Have United fans become so unused to success that we are ready to accept failure?

fastwalker

United's record in the last 26 games (two thirds of a season) under Ole is as follows: 13 wins six draws and 7 defeats. Six of those seven defeats have come in the last 13 games (equivalent to a third of a season). In the last 13 games, out of 39 available points, United have won just 13 points. Over the last four games of the 2019/20 season United have won five out of 12 points.

My position on Ole is exactly as before, which is that if he does not get United top four this season he must be shown the door. It cannot be that we need to spend £80m on central midfielders to beat Palace at Old Trafford or a ten man Southampton side at St Mary's. That said, I am sure there will be a whole range of excuses for the performance today with responsibility targeted at everyone: the Board, the players, the referee, the opposition, the fans and almost everyone else. By contrast, the violins will be out for Ole again.

It is heart-breaking to see our once great club reduced to forking around in dustbins for scraps whilst our rivals eat at the top table.

Any thoughts?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
United's record in the last 26 games (two thirds of a season) under Ole is as follows: 13 wins six draws and 7 defeats. Six of those seven defeats have come in the last 13 games (equivalent to a third of a season). In the last 13 games, out of 39 available points, United have won just 13 points. Over the last four games of the 2019/20 season United have won five out of 12 points.

My position on Ole is exactly as before, which is that if he does not get United top four this season he must be shown the door. It cannot be that we need to spend £80m on central midfielders to beat Palace at Old Trafford or a ten man Southampton side at St Mary's. That said, I am sure there will be a whole range of excuses for the performance today with responsibility targeted at everyone: the Board, the players, the referee, the opposition, the fans and almost everyone else. By contrast, the violins will be out for Ole again.

It is heart-breaking to see our once great club reduced to forking around in dustbins for scraps whilst our rivals eat at the top table.

Any thoughts?
We are run by an investment banker, who is in turn hiring the managers. That should tell you all.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Any thoughts?
Are you serious?

Take a look at the matchday thread or the umpteen threads at the top of the forum complaining about the state of the club. No is happy at the moment.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You love a thread, don’t you? 185 posts and 18 threads. Nearly one every 10 posts. Impressive.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I’m sure this has been said a million times before?!

My prediction is this thread will start off with criticism of Ole, followed by Ed then the Glazers. Moyes will be mentioned somewhere along the line and someone at some point will also suggest it’s all Neville’s fault.

Someone should start a thread “are we the most boring and repetitive fans in the PL?”

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Relegation form.

Come March we'll be bringing Mark Hughes in just to keep us up.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Who is accepting failure?
And what do you think is the alternative?

Some sort of protest outside Ed's house?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
In short - yes.

Coupled with a crippling desire to repeat Ferguson, and thus cling to anything that he is / was linked to.

Moyes benefited greatly from this link... Solksjaer is currently benefiting greatly from this link - while our (by far) most successful manager post-SAF, who isn't linked to SAF, is utterly loathed by many Utd fans...

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I think we all accept failure is inevitable until Woodward is gone. Failure, bewildering decisions and ritual humiliation.

You could throw in the Glazers, too, but we did enjoy significant success under them when Gill and Fergie knew what they were doing.

red thru&thru

Manchester United fans are used to the board and owners of under investing and now are used to mediocrity.

JonDahl

Half this board is infested with glory hunters, so no, they aren't ready to accept failure.

Red_toad

United fans support the team, that’s a constant. Success is a bonus, not a given. I mean why would anyone support anyone other than teams who win things if that’s all that was important. Southampton win feck all but have very passionate fans.
I’d suggest you read this forum or go on YouTube and see this ‘fans accepting failure’ as it seems to be an awful lot of complaining is going on. No one is accepting it, but fans are unable to rectify the issues.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
'Accepting failure' suggests i can do something about it. If success is seen as top 4, unfortunately there at least 6 teams with the same aim which means at least two teams will 'fail'.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

Any thoughts?
You will be shocked towards how many posters on here will disagree with you with this. However, I agree. The problem first stems with our managerial philosophy. We are not playing good football. We should be beating those teams with the players we have if we play better football.

We are accepting mediocrity and the signs of this was there last season when Ole was made permanent manager.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Relegation form.

Come March we'll be bringing Mark Hughes in just to keep us up.
A lad at my work actually said 'we need Mark Hughes to come in' the other day. I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, foul myself or what.

fastwalker

United fans support the team, that’s a constant. Success is a bonus, not a given. I mean why would anyone support anyone other than teams who win things if that’s all that was important. Southampton win feck all but have very passionate fans.
I’d suggest you read this forum or go on YouTube and see this ‘fans accepting failure’ as it seems to be an awful lot of complaining is going on. No one is accepting it, but fans are unable to rectify the issues.
That is simply not true. Not even remotely true. There is a disturbing level of acceptance of failure among United fans. Specifically amongst those who seem to believe that we need investment from the Board to beat Crystal Palace at Old Trafford and it's the Board's fault that we cannot beat ten man Southampton at St Mary's. The fact is that last Christmas we appointed an inexperienced, unproven former player to be our coach, in-game tactician, strategist, mentor, motivator, first team selector and squad rotator. The fact is that United are a stronger team now than we were last season, including in the first 10 games when Ole won eight times. For goodness aske Ole has been in charge for 2/3rds of a season. That said, whilst I am not advocating his sacking I am puzzled every time I read a comment that suggests this is not Ole's fault that we can't beat Crystal Palace and Southampton. That is to accept failure.

fastwalker

You will be shocked towards how many posters on here will disagree with you with this. However, I agree. The problem first stems with our managerial philosophy. We are not playing good football. We should be beating those teams with the players we have if we play better football.

We are accepting mediocrity and the signs of this was there last season when Ole was made permanent manager.
That made me laugh! Nice touch. :)