Have we hit rock bottom yet?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
There seems to be a general consensus that Ten Hag is going to save us.

Genuinely think that's possible and he could do fairly well here. However I think it's equally likely he will come here and it will go the same way it always does since Fergie too.

We have so many issues to fix and our main rivals are just leaving us behind in their dust.

Only consolation for me if Ten Hag does fail is that surely is that for these owners. They won't get another chance after this. I don't even want them to have one now.

MUFC OK

Really wouldn't be surprised if we finish 8th next year. Simply too much to do in one summer and I honestly cant see us getting CL football next season.

Bestie07

We can't really say yet. Everytime we feel like we've hit rock bottom, we somehow manage to dig a deeper hole.

A large part of our squad will be gone in the summer and will be replaced with new players. Could go either way really, we may be energized and rise back up again or plunge to new lows if we don't get the recruitment right.

Withnail

We thought we hit rock bottom with Moyes.

We thought we hit rock bottom in LVG second season.

We thought we hit rock bottom in Mourinho's 3rd season syndrome.

We thought we hit rock bottom with Ole.

So I will say Man United have insane potential to surprise you with how much lower we can go every season.
Did you? I don't think I thought any of those were rock bottom. Wrong manager, decent enough squad and on we go but I don't ever think things were as bad as this and I certainly didn't feel this despondent previously.

It could be because we've not brought in a full-time replacement immediately so there isn't any reason to be optimistic from what we've seen on the pitch.

Dr. StrangeHate

If we don't move a significant number of the players out, I won't be surprised if we are 8th-12th next year.

UpWithRivers

I guess we will see over the summer. There will be plenty of players willing to sign for us and not just shit ones either.
Which top player have we bought recently that we didnt overpay for in wages and/or fees? And now its even worse. Not just that we are sht but who would want to go into a dressing room thats completely fractured? Sure if we overpay and if there are no better offers they will come but thats exactly the same thing we have been doing and what got us here.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Imagine we were in leeds shoes and needed a result or two in the last 3 games ?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It can definitely get worse if we don't get our recruitment right.

Forget the top teams in the short term. We've got a job on our hands to keep above the likes of West Ham, Wolves, Newcastle, Brighton, Leicester and Villa. They will all be looking to improve this summer.

Tibs

Things to happen yet:

Finishing in Europa Conference position
Struggling to sign good players to replace those leaving
Internal power struggle between ETHs team and the donkeys currently running the show
The players that stay and are shit, eg McT and Maguire, not being mentally capable to understand what ETH is telling them to do.
More negative media leaks once Maguire loses the captaincy

After that though, things should get better

kthanksbye

No we haven't, not yet. Rock bottom will be when ETH is sacked or leaves before the end of next season.

Dante

Average bang
The Crystal Palace game will be rock bottom. We've still got one more match left in pre-pre-season.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Don't know where to put this. Yes, yes, I know it's Goldbridge, but it is about what S.Luckhurst said... We will see if he said it.. Thought about new thread, but it is, as said, Goldbridge...

Elcabron

Which top player have we bought recently that we didnt overpay for in wages and/or fees? And now its even worse. Not just that we are sht but who would want to go into a dressing room thats completely fractured? Sure if we overpay and if there are no better offers they will come but thats exactly the same thing we have been doing and what got us here.
You're right, best it we just fold and give up. We are so terrible there is no point in even trying. feck me but you guys are depressing. Have a bit of optimism ffs.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We hit rock bottom when we accepted the likes of Lindelof as Manchester United players and continue to make excuses for them

UpWithRivers

You're right, best it we just fold and give up. We are so terrible there is no point in even trying. feck me but you guys are depressing. Have a bit of optimism ffs.
My apologies. We're going to win the league next season!!!! Come in! Get in there.

copen1945

Don't know where to put this. Yes, yes, I know it's Goldbridge, but it is about what S.Luckhurst said... We will see if he said it.. Thought about new thread, but it is, as said, Goldbridge...
I would hope this is only about football, our players' attitude toward Ralph, etc. As distasteful as the players' performances have been, other stuff is too ugly even to contemplate.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Genuinely think that's possible and he could do fairly well here. However I think it's equally likely he will come here and it will go the same way it always does since Fergie too.

We have so many issues to fix and our main rivals are just leaving us behind in their dust.

Only consolation for me if Ten Hag does fail is that surely is that for these owners. They won't get another chance after this. I don't even want them to have one now.
Nah personally ETH is just part of the larger movement we seem to be doing to becoming a modern club. Kicking out old heads in the business side, hiring RR (even though he’s sucked as a manager he has a good idea of how to modernize the place), hiring outside consultants, Woodward leaving, hiring a modern progressive manager. All these things say to me that maybe we are turning a corner in how our process works, which is far more important than just trying to paper over the cracks with a few flashy signings and a big name manager.

WeedmineR

What does this mean - "it's Goldbridge"? Is this dude lying?
I can easily see this being true.
This does seem like rock bottom, in terms of fitness levels and desire.

Loon

:lol:
I really don't know how it will go, but even if ten Hag is the Benitez/Houllier it has to be an improvement over what we've seen for quite some time, hasn't it? Hell, even if ten Hag turns out to be our Villas-Boas....

Rolledo

Nothing wrong with Goldbridges channel/videos. He´s honest and reasonable.

salfordlad

Look we haven't had a real manager for 3 seasons so the club at that level has been somewhat leaderless. We had awful contractual decisions made by Woodward et all. We have had players playing well under their capabilities. We have players who passed their sell by date years ago. This is all starting to change... We have by all accounts a manager coming in that is highly respected by none other than Pep and others with a modern style of play that United fans will embrace. We have Woodward leaving and it looks like a more pragmatic approach to transfers and renewals will be in the offing. Deadwood is being got rid and we have some promising youth that might make a step up to help refresh the squad. I can't see anything but improvement over the dross we have witnessed this season. I feel very positive that ETH will get us on the right track immediately. Keep the faith.

TOPREDIAMNOT

My thoughts as well. I pray Ten Hag does turn this around and we can sigh with releif. Finally

BUT if he fails..surely that has to be it for these owners? They can't keep blaming the manager and players. That has to be straw that breaks the camel's back

Withnail

It was in the latest Manchester is Red podcast. Goldbrige is describing his words accurately.
Thanks - I wasn't aware of that podcast. I've just had a listen and the legal reasons part is clearly about a certain striker which we all feckin know about but can't discuss either.

He does then say that there's a toxic atmosphere at the club (again which we all know about) and that it does make your stomach churn the way some of the players act and go about their day job. He then says this has been borne out on Social Media, at times. He then specifically mentions the way Lingard and his brother have acted on SM at times.

Goldbridge is conflating the two and making a sensationalist tweet designed to hint at all sorts of skeletons in the cupboard that the club are covering up, so it's not accurate imo.

Last edited:

TOPREDIAMNOT

We hit rock bottom when we accepted the likes of Lindelof as Manchester United players and continue to make excuses for them
I agree. He;'s no better than O=shea. Evans and Wes Brown are better that him. YET he has one good game in four and everyone laxes lyricals over him. Fergie would have sold him 4+ years ago. Mind you look at Jones, been here over ten.
Same for Bisska, Maguire, Bailly,Shaw, Dalot, Telles, Mctom, Rashy, Elenga (about 90?% of our team)