Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Think we will spend 150 million this window on 3 or 4 new players.

Just need these boring internationals out of the way.
whichever tool thought up the Nations League needs to be informed that most of us still see the games as meaningless friendlies. I haven't watched a single minute of the rubbish

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
You been moaning and bashing the club in the Nunez thread and here you are again being negative. We been making backroom changes since Ole was sacked and brought in an excellent attacking coach. Atleast be positive for once.
time to replace those red-tinted glasses, I think. We need players far more than others in top six and we've done sod all - as usual

Judas

Open to offers
well some here will tell you we've got whole new set-up and new people in charge. some of us will point out that there's a looming feeling of deja vu
It's June 12th. I don't really get the need for this level of negativity this early on. We're in a different era hopefully, why not give a bit, a smidge of positivity a try?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
whichever tool thought up the Nations League needs to be informed that most of us still see the games as meaningless friendlies. I haven't watched a single minute of the rubbish
Enjoyed it during lockdown as I think we were glad to watch anything. Now the leagues are back to normal I think it is just too much football and it is showing in the quality of football on show. The players need a rest. I know they will now go on holiday, but it then delays the pre-season for them.

Cathy Ferguson

Us and Barca are the worst run clubs in world football. We now have a good manager but there is a lot of work until we stop being a laughing stock. 1 or 2 signings before preseason starts would be a huge surprise.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think you get someone like FDJ in and the rest of the football world, potential signings included, sit up and take note that the project might be back on track. It’s probably the hardest and most expensive signing we’ve to do so it stands to reason we go to the player as early as possible to gague their interest and then to try and get the price down as low as possible from as soon as possible. The rest should fall into place pretty easily after this one. Anything is better than briefing the media all summer that we might make a bid at some point. I don’t think there’s been a more infuriating club to follow during the summer in recent years but hopefully that’s all behind us now.

Last edited:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Now that the "window isn't open yet" copium is no longer usable, what's the next excuse? Nations League?

MUnchies

time to replace those red-tinted glasses, I think. We need players far more than others in top six and we've done sod all - as usual
Awww mommy didn’t give you candy so you throwing a tantrum? You will be very ok.

croadyman

I think you get someone like FDJ in and the rest of the football world, potential signings included, sit up and take note that the project might be back on track. It’s probably the hardest and most expensive signing we’ve to do so it stands to reason we go to the player as early as possible to gague their interest and then to try and get the price down as low as possible from as soon as possible. The rest should fall into place pretty easily after this one. Anything is better than briefing the media all summer that we might make a bid at some point. I don’t think there’s been a more infuriating club to follow during the summer in recent years but hopefully that’s all behind us now.
Yeah he will definitely attract other top players to this club if they see him buy into the project

Vapor trail

Think there have been sources that have suggested the club is signing one player at a time due to uncertainty of the budget it's just getting ridiculous at this point.

I don't think there's any diligence being shown to signify anything changing and that image is all too familiar with the DOF / staff dragging their feet all summer. Unless there's unknown developments I personally predict the club still won't have all the players in by pre season which is a serious issue considering how ETH is a philosophy based manager. The players will need to get onside with his approach asap to transition into the new season. So time is not a luxury one can afford this isn't a seasoned team with the need or one two additions the whole spine of the squad needs to be established.

Add to the fact that there have already been many departures which have been contract terminations rather than players sales which could be an issue. As I have said before John Murtough is making all the right noises but he needs to prove it with the right results. The window is not opened fair enough but how long is that rhetoric going to stand the more time moves on if there's no progression.

Josep Dowling

I find it amazing when fans say ‘stay patient’ etc. Liverpool and City have already signed a player when we haven’t. The quality they have signed is likely to surpass anything we buy this summer as well. The club is a joke in the transfer market. Why can’t they just get things done quickly, quietly and early.

For all the news about De Jong it still hasn’t got over the line and the links to other players are drying up. At the very least we need 4 players but really we should be after 6/7. A better squad could be built in one summer if they club knew what they were doing.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Think there have been sources that have suggested the club is signing one player at a time due to uncertainty of the budget it's just getting ridiculous at this point.
Nunez got away because we shifted focus on de jong.

croadyman

We need both. Our only striker is a 38 year old ronaldo ffs.
Were never spending big on both, so which would you have chose out of them. Yes I know a properly run club could have made it happen but sadly we are penny pinchers.

UpWithRivers

There is one thing convincing players when we are not in the Champions League. All we have to say is that we are Man Utd and we will get back there next year. On the other hand convincing players to a club with a broken dressing room and broken players is a whole other story. Why would anyone want to work in a toxic environment? I hope they have made steps to remedy the situation and can tell new players that its sorted because I see nothing from the outside that has changed unless their story is that it was all Ralf and its fine now.

croadyman

I'd even say we need two of those at least. We needed one even before Pogba and matic left (add Mata as well). We've only McFred as midfielders ffs :lol: :houllier:
We definitely need De Jong and a DM who can win the ball then also offer protection to back 4

greatscott9930

Supports
St. Louis City Soccer Club
After the nations league the good old there's no value in the market.
Don't forget the old "players are on holiday" excuse. I think the basic order goes like this:

1. The Market Hasn't Opened
2. Nations League
3. Players on Holiday
4. No Value in the Market
5. Season Starts/Transfer Window Closes

MrSingh2002

Ralf was offed because he wanted to spend the money on making us a force again....

I reckon he would've made us bid hard for Nkunku or Nunez.

Charles Miller

Imagine if United sign some player in the period when Redcafe is going to be under maintenance. Muppets would lose their minds.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Ralf was offed because he wanted to spend the money on making us a force again....

I reckon he would've made us bid hard for Nkunku or Nunez.
He wanted alvarez and diaz in december. Both were signed by city and liverpool. We binned nkunku because he was recommended by ragnick therefore he must be shite as a result of which nkunku had no other option but to extend/renew his existing contract.

We missed out on haaland earlier when he went to dortmund and have missed out on nunez while our rivals have scooped them up aswell.

Then people will ask where are the strikers ?

Furious George

If you're good enough to play for your national side, even if you're just a rough diamond at Cardiff City; you're not going on holiday until Wednesday at the earliest.

Go away. Drink some beer. See boobs and sunshine.

Time will tell when it's time to tell.

Okey

Think we will spend 150 million this window on 3 or 4 new players.

Just need these boring internationals out of the way.
The internationals didn't stop the Darwin Nunez signing.

Newtonius

I know the default state for a lot of United fans is cynicality but i can't be the only one that thinks it still looks like we are figuring out a strategy for transfers (aka having a plan) on the fly while the window is open? Our new manager has been here months and our team knew who was leaving in the same timeframe as well.

Seemed like we had one with Ralf but now he's gone we have people who are "new" but are actually in house, having come from inside the club and the same stinky recruitment strategy.

Ralf was the only one who was being a realist and he was booted before he could even start his job. Seen the argument of course that ten hag didn't like him and while you can get that point sticking to a plan and injecting much needed football knowledge backstage was also way more important.

Its not like Ralf was going to be in the dugout or anything ala Fletcher, pretty sure if ten hag knew that he would be involved in the background suggesting him new players and trying to change the recruitment strategy like Overmars and VDS then there is no reason he would say no.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It's June 12th. I don't really get the need for this level of negativity this early on. We're in a different era hopefully, why not give a bit, a smidge of positivity a try?
Does that somehow magically help us get the players we need? Would you rather get the players in early like, say, City and Liverpool or faff about for weeks? Hint: the answer is where those two clubs are at the moment and where we are

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Have you considered this too?
so it's not useful to point out the top two clubs in the country have done major business by July 13 and the club which scrapped sixth spot has done nothing...? this is exactly why we are where we are

Status
Not open for further replies.