Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
For how much you harp on about negativity at least its somewhat rational given the history of the club and the current circumstances, this toxic positivity on the other hand is entirely contrary to what is actually happening what is it based on? Honestly now doesn't it show you how ridiculous this situation is that you were retorting with the same question 3 weeks ago and nothing has happened since?

Like no shit people have been excited since ETH was appointed, that's precisely why there is frustration we want to see this football too and if you think he is going to be playing like Ajax with 1 or 2 players on top of this squad then you will be as disappointed as the rest of us.

ETH is not a miracle worker just ask any Ajax fan it took time for him to get going and lets not forget he is new to the league as well. All while we literally have no midfield or fullbacks that are good with the ball, there is one striker who may yet leave, and our supposed "best players" have already shown how little they care.
Have you read some of the “rational” guff posted?

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Without being alarmist, it is quite worrying that following our worst ever premier league season, we have so far been so slow. I think fans are 100% correct to be pessimistic and critical of the club. We seem to be zoned in on a transfer that is likely to run all summer for some reason. While we're doing that, no other signings have happened, and all the teams around us have signed at least one player - apart from Chelsea whose plans are understandably delayed. Arsenal have signed a couple, City and Liverpool have made top-class additions, Spurs are doing well. We have no one yet - and nothing seems imminent. It doesn't look good so far.

greatscott9930

Supports
St. Louis City Soccer Club
My whole point is that you all keep going by the last 10 years, yet it’s a brand new CEO who had immediately deferred to football opinions, 2 new DoF, a highly rated young attacking coach, a new coaching team with great experience.

• some want now types are complaining because we haven’t made any signings yet
  • Another bunch are complaining that we’re offering too much
  • Others are complaining because murtough and Arnold once shared the same air as woody and the glazers so it’s not changed
  • Another bunch complaining because we aren’t keeping up with Liverpool, city
  • Another group complaining that no sales made yet
  • Another group complaining just because everyone else is and they can’t think for themselves

so pardon me for trying to get people to act less knee jerk and see what the outcome of this window is because I bet there are going to ce some people typing “I was a moaner but they really pulled it out of the bag!” Etc towards the end of the window
We all know your point. You've made it 700 times already. Most of us are simply not persuaded by it or are at least skeptical. Basically, everything you spelled out in the first part of your post is unproven at United. Hence the ongoing skepticism.

I'm not going to argue with you, but this is a thread about transfers, and you keep asking people if they are excited about the manager, which is just strange. We have another thread to talk about the manager.

Roboc7

lots of caftards poo pooed me saying there was a chance ETH wouldnt be here after our tough run of games in Oct. Now theres a chance he might not be here before Oct. He doesnt seem like the kind of guy to take any crap, and if (yes its a big IF, weve still got loads of the window left etc etc) he's been sold a dud when it comes to our transfer plans, then i wouldnt be suprised if he walks. And if that leads to pressure on the glazers to finally sell up, then it will be all for good in the end.
Yes this is a desperately pessimistic take on things, but imagine someone saying that wed finish 6th and in disarray after finishing 2nd last season and adding who we did.
I think the issue with ETH will be that because everything as such a mess he seems to be calling all the shots in term of transfer targets. It’s going to be very difficult to take that away from him or start questioning him even in unlikely event a proper structure is ever put together.

It’s not good enough we’ve signed no one, there’s no justifiable excuse but I still think we’ll get 3-4 in eventually. De Jong, Eriksen a backup keeper and maybe 1 more so ETH will as expected be very reliant on same players for a good while.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Off course not, but if you expect FDJ to sign within that timeline you’re barking mad. He’s a player that thought he wasn’t going to be moving from Barca. ETH has had to have meetings with him. Presumably Barca also met to say that they were selling him. We’d then have to thrash out personal terms with his agent. All whilst he’s trying to play football for his national team. Only then do we start bidding and a game of poker.
Make sense. I'm just getting frustrated with none transfer activity so far. It seems like there's no sense of urgency from the Club, or recognizing that the Club has long-term severe disease that need major surgery.

Now we have one of the most progressive manager you can get, and don't we all super excited about this. But you get the feeling of all is just business as usual within the Club.

But why do i surprise. This is a Club that still wanted to extend Pogba and Lingard's contracts, even at unacceptable wages (for the players). It just shows their mentality or priority on what United should be.

Last edited:

bdspeedy

The only power we fans have is to not spend A CENT on this club or any merch for a predetermined amount of time. The ONLY language our grifter owners understand is money. They own the club. It's their right to only care about THEIR profits, but as fans who have been patiently enduring this 10 year shit shower, we need to wield what little power WE have. I haven't bought anything related to the club in at least a year and certainly won't for the foreseeable future. Call it futile but we can start with some little victories and grow from there. #Glazersout.

golden_blunder

Staff
We all know your point. You've made it 700 times already. Most of us are simply not persuaded by it or are at least skeptical. Basically, everything you spelled out in the first part of your post is unproven at United. Hence the ongoing skepticism.

I'm not going to argue with you, but this is a thread about transfers, and you keep asking people if they are excited about the manager, which is just strange. We have another thread to talk about the manager.
That was in response to people who said that they have nothing to be excited about. One guy said he wasn’t renewing his ticket because there was no excitement. How can there not be excitement about this new coach?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
McFred start the first game whoever we bring in.
Everyone knows it.

golden_blunder

Staff
Make sense. I'm just getting frustrated with none transfer activity so far. It seems like there's no sense of urgency from the Club, or recognizing that the Club has long-term severe disease that need major surgery.

Now we have one of the most progressive manager you can get, and don't we all super excited about this. But you get the feeling of all is just business as usual within the Club.
I get frustration. Keep in mind ETH himself called for no leaks about transfers so this may be the result, we don’t hear until they drop.
give me rumours anyway if it shuts this lot up

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Doesn't look terribly different from De Jong and Lasse Schone.
Yep. Definitely feels like ten Hag wants a playmaking type next to De Jong, so considering he already preferred Schone in that position, I can see him trying this combo.

The team would absolutely need to press from the front though (but that is expected anyway) and it is likely we would see some crazy scores at first.

lex talionis

I was advised on Frenkie De Jong thread that since players are out on holiday right now there's no urgency whatsoever in getting these deals done, whatever deals they may be. All in good time. Patience.

Whatever happens, happens.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Half our fans are penny pinching saying that we shouldn’t overpay, then the other half is “just pay it and get on with it”
How about a third option? Have backup signings identified to improve our bargaining power, and be prepared to walk away if needed. It's Negotiations 101.

Noc-Z

ffs
Our dealings are a joke. Training starts back next week, we need additions in several areas and we have none. How can we expect to properly integrate them and hit the ground running?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Without being alarmist, it is quite worrying that following our worst ever premier league season, we have so far been so slow. I think fans are 100% correct to be pessimistic and critical of the club. We seem to be zoned in on a transfer that is likely to run all summer for some reason. While we're doing that, no other signings have happened, and all the teams around us have signed at least one player - apart from Chelsea whose plans are understandably delayed. Arsenal have signed a couple, City and Liverpool have made top-class additions, Spurs are doing well. We have no one yet - and nothing seems imminent. It doesn't look good so far.

That's not being an alarmist that's the reality. It's a complete joke the club are like this but it's the sane crap every window.

RedChisel

Are the Glazers really going to take millions out of the club at the same time as penny pinching on transfers? We should be lynching these feckers.

Fooza

Not overly concerned but it's hilarious that we can only negotiate one deal at a time actually seems to be true :lol:

Seriously, why are they no other signings, all the eggs seem to be in the negotiation of De Jong. I can't get my head around why a 'big' club can't have a big team in negotiating different signings at once.

Many other positions that we need to fill are not all 'star' players that are hard to buy, surely?

Ghostrider318

Im strapped in for long and possibly disastrous TW. All the players we were linked to after the ETH announcement are not not going to come cheap and it looks highly likely that we dont have the kind of funds that are required to sign quality players in this market. The thing that is making is worse is that players who want to progress and win things are seemingly avoiding us.

We needed a CDM, CM, RW and ST going into this window. Add RB, CB to it if we sell some players in those positions.

I think we had a good list of players which ETH signed off on and now the valuations ( as per twitter ) have us balking. Add the FDJ saga to this and it looks like we cant sign anyone until we know if hes joining us or not. Even if it goes thru, im worried we might not have enough money to get us quality additions to the other positions as I dont expect us to get a lot for any of our dross

croadyman

Im strapped in for long and possibly disastrous TW. All the players we were linked to after the ETH announcement are not not going to come cheap and it looks highly likely that we dont have the kind of funds that are required to sign quality players in this market. The thing that is making is worse is that players who want to progress and win things are seemingly avoiding us.

We needed a CDM, CM, RW and ST going into this window. Add RB, CB to it if we sell some players in those positions.

I think we had a good list of players which ETH signed off on and now the valuations ( as per twitter ) have us balking. Add the FDJ saga to this and it looks like we cant sign anyone until we know if hes joining us or not. Even if it goes thru, im worried we might not have enough money to get us quality additions to the other positions as I dont expect us to get a lot for any of our dross
That last paragraph sums up many of the fanbases worries with this transfer window

glasgow 21

That's not being an alarmist that's the reality. It's a complete joke the club are like this but it's the sane crap every window.
in a way i agree. It isn't great timing for a " UTD are chasing ex liverpool transfer guru" Bit like looking for an architect half through a house build. Whether it's through or not any such rumour has been bad timing with the lack of movement. With TEN HAG having been announced early I would have been a little happier if at least one ajax player had been signed as Bayern has 2 and dortmund has another on the way making Ajax's negotiating team hand strong as they have money already in the pipe line.

UnitedFire

My whole point is that you all keep going by the last 10 years, yet it’s a brand new CEO who had immediately deferred to football opinions, 2 new DoF, a highly rated young attacking coach, a new coaching team with great experience.

• some want now types are complaining because we haven’t made any signings yet
  • Another bunch are complaining that we’re offering too much
  • Others are complaining because murtough and Arnold once shared the same air as woody and the glazers so it’s not changed
  • Another bunch complaining because we aren’t keeping up with Liverpool, city
  • Another group complaining that no sales made yet
  • Another group complaining just because everyone else is and they can’t think for themselves
  • Another bunch complaining everything glazers.

so pardon me for trying to get people to act less knee jerk and see what the outcome of this window is because I bet there are going to ce some people typing “I was a moaner but they really pulled it out of the bag!” Etc towards the end of the window
My concern is even if they 'pull it out of the bag', but it's too late those players won't settle in quick enough, we'll start badly, confidence drops and suddenly you have more situations like: 'Sancho flops, 'Bruno not good enough', etc.

We need to give the squad a chance to settle in and thrive. Not be thrown in the deep end and repeat the same mistakes we've been doing for years.

RedDevilQuebecois

Half our fans are penny pinching saying that we shouldn’t overpay, then the other half is “just pay it and get on with it”
Well, feck all penny-pinchers in the world! You don't invest money, you get nothing.

If the Glazers don't have the money to operate the club anymore, then they can feel free to sell and then feck off. Sports is no business for penny-pinchers in any measure.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I get frustration. Keep in mind ETH himself called for no leaks about transfers so this may be the result, we don’t hear until they drop.
give me rumours anyway if it shuts this lot up
But don’t forget ETH himself has said he wants his squad ready by the time preseasons starts. It’s only less than a week away, and we’ve made zero progress in market as of dated.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
ETH winning us the league irrespective of any signings made.

Ten Ball from the Dutch Pep Guardiola is my idol will usher in a new era of Utd dominance.

Pep and Klopp will run for the hills after ETH trounces both of their teams by record margins.

We will not only win the league but with be going for an unprecedented sextuple (CL, EL, ELC, FA Cup, Carabao Cup League) might also try for the World Cup if ETH really wanted it.

UDontMessWith24

This is how it is for United these days. I suspect that this long negotiation process may be inherent when you're trying to avoid overpaying. I see some fans criticizing united for overpaying whilst others saying "just pay the fecking money and get him in for preseason" - so either way there's criticism. Normally, however, we end up getting most of our targets. And nowadays, that's probably all we can expect. It's a new era and we're having to adapt as a club. So for me, i'll just wait until the transfer window closes before assessing things. But i'm still a muppet :devil:
Depends on the player though doesn’t it?

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
Are they really going to take money from the club when it’s like this? No signings and an absolutely disastrous window so far. I’m totally amazed to be honest even by the glazers standards they’re ruining this club. We have to take our club back.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
The club is still f@cking about. Just pay the asking prices and get on with it. Otherwise we might as well sign bebe's older cousin on deadline day.

We have to get the players in that the manager wants otherwise everything else is waste of time. Offering £4.50, a Mars bar and a year's free MUTV didn't work under Woodward so why would it work under his mini me's? F@cking shambles

golden_blunder

Staff
My concern is even if they 'pull it out of the bag', but it's too late those players won't settle in quick enough, we'll start badly, confidence drops and suddenly you have more situations like: 'Sancho flops, 'Bruno not good enough', etc.

We need to give the squad a chance to settle in and thrive. Not be thrown in the deep end and repeat the same mistakes we've been doing for years.
A couple of weeks is not going to make a huge difference. This season is not going to be important in terms of trophy chasing, it’ll be about coming together as a team and making progress on the system and style. So I’m not worried about people joining later in the window

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
A couple of weeks is not going to make a huge difference. This season is not going to be important in terms of trophy chasing, it’ll be about coming together as a team and making progress on the system and style. So I’m not worried about people joining later in the window
you really don't think it would be helpful for new players to be in for pre-season, particularly with a new manager and whole new system? it's not like working for one branch of tesco and moving to Sainsbury's down the road. Oh and I'd rather like to be challenging for that fourth spot...

Judas

Open to offers
The sooner we can get players in the better. This season was always going to be tricky with a new manager and new system, the longer the group has together to gel the better. No point sugar coating it, to me it’s common sense.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
The sooner we can get players in the better. This season was always going to be tricky with a new manager and new system, the longer the group has together to gel the better. No point sugar coating it, to me it’s common sense.
greed. Not to quite a few here. But I'm beginning to think they all hve the surname Arnold or Murtough!!

Status
Not open for further replies.