Have you ever built a wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

December_16

:lol::lol: Classic thread

I like the part when I_live_cement came in. Only if the cement came in earlier, the wall would have been built, and the war would have been altogether avoided

Christofaux

the best way to build a wall is to align your post with the outside player of the wall so you can't see the ball. then each of your players stand inside that player to block the goal.

the following picture is in a book called 40 ways to play better soccer... probably the worst example of a wall and position there is.

sidsutton

Wise up you cnut.

You come on here as if you are the next member of Ground force.

All I wanted to know was how to build a fecking wall you tosser. You have supplied me with shit.

I doubt these house you talk about were even built by you - you thick paddy cnut scumbag
Word just in of 4 houses falling down in Ireland - Built by some clown called Adios Mista.

Build fecking houses. Don't make me laugh.

Baz as always last man standing.

Throw in the towell for this wanker and have him banned
Match Over.

Baz wins.

Nothing to see here folks.

Was never a match to start with. Experienced Pro against a part - timer
pure genius :lol:

WeasteDevil

I never noticed how bad Bazalini's English is. Reminds me on Balboa.
English isn't Baz's first language. The first he ever heard it is was when his da had to take him everyday to the nearest village 50 miles away on the back of the tractor. Then, even there, there was only the three sons of the local landed proprietor that spoke it, and even then they spoke it funny. It was only really when his ma and da bought a TV when he was 16 that he started to learn the sasanach tongue.

So, too be fair, he doesn't do that badly considering.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
:lol:

this thread is top notch. having a bit of a shite morning and it has cheered me up no end. good work.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
English isn't Baz's first language. The first he ever heard it is was when his da had to take him everyday to the nearest village 50 miles away on the back of the tractor. Then, even there, there was only the three sons of the local landed proprietor that spoke it, and even then they spoke it funny. It was only really when his ma and da bought a TV when he was 16 that he started to learn the sasanach tongue.

So, too be fair, he doesn't do that badly considering.

True. It's just that I have always thought he's an original Irish guy.

His swearing is very good though.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
Original? The Celts are not indigenous to the British Isles, they came and ruthlessly butchered the neolithic people in one of the worst cases of genocide known to man.
What's the archaeological evidence for that? any links?

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Baz, you've excelled yourself with this one, funniest thread I've read in ages.

WeasteDevil

What's the archaeological evidence for that? any links?
About the genocide of the neolithic people of pre-celtic Britian? Not really, but they went somewhere, you don't one minute have the ability to throw up something like Stone Henge and then the next minute vanish now do you? ;)

I was simply pointing out that Irish is a Celtic language, thus not an original British language, because the Celts invaded the British Isles through two main routes.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
About the genocide of the neolithic people of pre-celtic Britian? Not really, but they went somewhere, you don't one minute have the ability to throw up something like Stone Henge and then the next minute vanish now do you? ;)

I was simply pointing out that Irish is a Celtic language, thus not an original British language, because the Celts invaded the British Isles through two main routes.
sounds like time team, are you tony robinson?

Ecroyd

Strangely aroused by Lizard King

blatently what happened was thebritish isles was used by an advanced alien race for hunting practise

they set out a plague that makes crazy aliens explode from your stomach, and eventually all the people were wiped out, then the advanced aliens killed all the stomach exploders and the celts arrived and found a deserted island.

its the truth i saw something similar on tv once

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i remember that too, it was either on alien vs predator or ready steady cook but i cant for the life of me remember which.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
blatently what happened was thebritish isles was used by an advanced alien race for hunting practise

they set out a plague that makes crazy aliens explode from your stomach, and eventually all the people were wiped out, then the advanced aliens killed all the stomach exploders and the celts arrived and found a deserted island.

its the truth i saw something similar on tv once
Thats an interesting story but you can't trust everything you see on TV. Ideally we would need some sort of first hand experience, from someone who was around at the time.

Wibble, can you verify this?

comlag

:nono:

Don't want to have to use my archaeology degree on your ass but that is an out dated theory, a processual or 'New archaeological' approach. There's no doubting the Celtic influence on the British Isles during the Iron Age, but continental folk had been settling in Britain since 5-6, 000 BC kicking off the advent of the Neolithic itself...this can be seen in the assemblages of similar style ceramics with regional variations all springing up around the same time. The Celtic tribes what we are on about here are a truly Iron Age phenomenom, the Bronze age what saw Stone Henge 'completed', not started, may have been influenced by the Beaker people (a variant spanish celtic people). Basically, what im saying is a slow influx over time with an introduction of ideas, cosmology and technology rather than an invasion of people as such.

feck me. Im a cnut.

Er, the wall...not as good as darkside...

WeasteDevil

:nono:

Don't want to have to use my archaeology degree on your ass but that is an out dated theory, a processual or 'New archaeological' approach. There's no doubting the Celtic influence on the British Isles during the Iron Age, but continental folk had been settling in Britain since 5-6, 000 BC kicking off the advent of the Neolithic itself...this can be seen in the assemblages of similar style ceramics with regional variations all springing up around the same time. The Celtic tribes what we are on about here are a truly Iron Age phenomenom, the Bronze age what saw Stone Henge 'completed', not started, may have been influenced by the Beaker people (a variant spanish celtic people). Basically, what im saying is a slow influx over time with an introduction of ideas, cosmology and technology rather than an invasion of people as such.

feck me. Im a cnut.

Er, the wall...not as good as darkside...

European people coming to Britain is not a new theory, even the Neanderthals did it, so I don't know what point you are trying to make here, as we came out of Africa in any case. Are you trying to say that the Brythonic and Goidelic languages are original British languages?

What is known however is that by the time of the Roman Invasion, the vast majority of people were speaking a Celtic language. The people before the Celtic arrivals either got assimilated or destroyed. Communities that existed around Avesbury and Stone Henge for example were not Celts and were around for a very long time.

WeasteDevil

You are making the mistake of doing this in the general, this type of behaviour is tolerated to a certain extent in here. As I said before, if you really want to get banned, either say something really racist and make sure that you mean it (calling Girish a Paki I don't think will work), or go and make a mess of one of the football forums. Munich nasties are the best way, because you will upset so many people.

comlag

European people coming to Britain is not a new theory, even the Neanderthals did it, so I don't know what point you are trying to make here, as we came out of Africa in any case. Are you trying to say that the Brythonic and Goidelic languages are original British languages?

What is known however is that by the time of the Roman Invasion, the vast majority of people were speaking a Celtic language. The people before the Celtic arrivals either got assimilated or destroyed. Communities that existed around Avesbury and Stone Henge for example were not Celts and were around for a very long time.
Im not saying European people didnt come to Britain at all, im saying that it was not an invasion or even a period of settlement. It is more likely to have been a small number of people who travelled out of central Europe form as early as the mesolithic bringing with them a new language, culture and technologies. There is midden evidence of cod bones from Meso sites like Star Carr, showing they have boats capable of deep sea fishing...and therefore increasing the possibility that they travelled to and from the continent. Im saying that language and culture was something that was quite quickly distinctly changed but not by force disease or something, but a universal shift in ideology and cosmology. And epochal change, if you like, from the beginning of the Neolithic.

This, by the way, is a massive debate. A good theoretical read that might interest you is 'Understanding the Neolithic' by Julian Thomas. Makes a case for a sedentary Neolithic population, quite a radical theory at the time which many archaeologists (being stubborn, male,white and middle class as most of them are) refused to give an inch to.

I offer you a cnuty handshake, Weaste. Nice to meet you, you cnut.

Status
Not open for further replies.