Having a commanding goalkeeper

Idxomer

It makes a big difference, look at Chelsea last season and this one.

We've known for a long time DDG isn't one but we were patient due to his shot-stopping ability but he's become quite ordinary in that aspect the last couple of years.

Ole should give the rest of the season to Henderson to see if he could be that guy.

If it doesn't work out, they will have to search for a new goalkeeper who could perform up to the modern standards or even the ones we had under Schmeichel and VDS.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Having a stable central defensive partnership to command is also as important in my opinion.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Been saying it for awhile. A commanding goalkeeper is what we lack. Yes DDG is a good shot stopper but he lacks in other areas. A solid commanding goalkeeper who comes off his line would help the defence out immensely. Could probably play higher up too

Idxomer

Having a stable central defensive partnership to command is also as important in my opinion.
No one will argue with this, but if they have a shaky keeper behind them who's afraid to even come off his line they will be rattled and not look very stable anymore.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
No one will argue with this, but if they have a shaky keeper behind them who's afraid to even come off his line they will be rattled and not look very stable anymore.
True, I agree with your point that command as a keeper has never been in DDG's kit bag.