Headphones/Earphone recommendations

ovoxo

Hi everyone,

I’ve been recently looking for some wireless headphones or wireless earphones to use in the gym. I brought a pair of crappy wireless anker earphones but the more I’ve been using them, the more I can hear the lack of clarity in the music and the lack of bass.

I think gym use is the primary use, but I guess I could use them at home etc too. I mainly listen to Rap/Hip Hop and UK Grime at the gym to get in the zone. Otherwise I also listen to RnB.

I’m not an audiophile or anything, but I’d to know some suitable headphones for my needs. I don’t mind spending £300. I was looking at the beats x wireless earphones, but one concern is they aren’t sweatproof but I’ve seen many people use them, so I suppose if you don’t sweat like a pig, you should be okay to use them at the gym. I dislike the shape of the Powerbeats 3, which is why I haven’t really looked at them.

I’d appreciate the help and suggestions.

SirAF

Ageist

I’ve been recently looking for some wireless headphones or wireless earphones to use in the gym. I brought a pair of crappy wireless anker earphones but the more I’ve been using them, the more I can hear the lack of clarity in the music and the lack of bass.

I think gym use is the primary use, but I guess I could use them at home etc too. I mainly listen to Rap/Hip Hop and UK Grime at the gym to get in the zone. Otherwise I also listen to RnB.

I’m not an audiophile or anything, but I’d to know some suitable headphones for my needs. I don’t mind spending £300. I was looking at the beats x wireless earphones, but one concern is they aren’t sweatproof but I’ve seen many people use them, so I suppose if you don’t sweat like a pig, you should be okay to use them at the gym. I dislike the shape of the Powerbeats 3, which is why I haven’t really looked at them.

I'd recommend taking a look at them regardless. I have them and find them to be brilliant for the gym and running.

ovoxo

I'd recommend taking a look at them regardless. I have them and find them to be brilliant for the gym and running.
Thanks! I’ll take a look at them too and see how they feel.

GBBQ

Hi everyone,

Today i learned that my Beats x aren't sweatproof! I have been running with them for months and haven't noticed any issues!

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I have been in a similar situation for a few years. I continue to use and enjoy my Sony MW600 earphones but they are dated, somewhat cumbersome/wired, less than ideal for answering mobile calls and not strictly speaking a sport (splash/sweat resistant) set.

I looked into, tried and even bought several sets since but haven’t been able to find ‘the’ set - there are key knocks against most out there in my experience

I have not tried the Apple Airpods that some people really enjoy but it's always difficult to distinguish unbiased reviews of them as the fanboy in many ignore the obvious shortcomings that you can find in many reviews out there too. Bose Soundsport Pulse, Jaybirds X3, B&O Beoplay H5, JBL Reflect, Plantronics, Sennheiser, Beats etc all have positive & negative points that make none of them a clear cut choice if not ideal. I still get the impression that a lot of improvements can be made in terms of fit, fidelity, battery, design and for answering phone calls

Price is a big issue now too as all vendors seem to be geared to designing something in the €150 range yet still unable to distinguish themselves as a go to set to purchase. Meanwhile, I will milk my Sony's until I can find something better

ovoxo

Today i learned that my Beats x aren't sweatproof! I have been running with them for months and haven't noticed any issues!
Well that’s a positive. It’s one reason I didn’t go for them straight away, how much do you sweat? The only issue is since it’s not listed as a feature, it would be covered in the warranty.

I have not tried the Apple Airpods that some people really enjoy but it's always difficult to distinguish unbiased reviews of them as the fanboy in many ignore the obvious shortcomings that you can find in many reviews out there too. Bose Soundsport Pulse, Jaybirds X3, B&O Beoplay H5, JBL Reflect, Plantronics, Sennheiser, Beats etc all have positive & negative points that make none of them a clear cut choice if not ideal. I still get the impression that a lot of improvements can be made in terms of fit, fidelity, battery, design and for answering phone calls

Price is a big issue now too as all vendors seem to be geared to designing something in the €150 range yet still unable to distinguish themselves as a go to set to purchase. Meanwhile, I will milk my Sony's until I can find something better
I know what you mean, everything I’ve looked at has positives and negatives making it difficult to distinguish a clear choice between them.

if you buy Beats you're wasting money away.
Surely they aren’t that bad?

Jaybirds are always highly recommended in these discussions.
I saw the Jaybird x3s which are apparently good but I’ve seen a lot of reviews about poor build quality meaning one earbud fails quickly. Granted it could be the fact those who’s breaks complain, those who’s don’t, say nothing.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I have the Jaybird freedom and Sony MDR 1000x. I recommend the latter. I use the Jaybirds for the gym when I sweat more, they are good, no problems with build quality for more than a year but the bluetooth drops outdoors at the slightest hint of wind or interference. Also mind they have their own charger instead of micro usb and that looks close to failing for me.

MDR 1000x are absolutely solid. I commuted with them today in 20mph wind in Copenhagen and not a single drop of the signal. They were on a great deal for 199 GBP when I bought them on black friday.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I know what you mean, everything I’ve looked at has positives and negatives making it difficult to distinguish a clear choice between them.
Definitely and because reviews are a bit hit/miss like Tripadvisor, I tried out all of the ones I cited in my post and all had shortcomings that didn't make them a good enough choice for the moment. I'm a bit surprised tbh, considering how long bluetooth has been around and how little improvement there has been over the years when tech has advanced for many other products.

DanH

The new Sony w range are interesting. I'e got the wh 1000x as I fancied over ears but in ears are cheaper and they do true wireless or with a neckband. Other than that the sennheiser momentum in ears maybe?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Well that’s a positive. It’s one reason I didn’t go for them straight away, how much do you sweat? The only issue is since it’s not listed as a feature, it would be covered in the warranty.

I saw the Jaybird x3s which are apparently good but I’ve seen a lot of reviews about poor build quality meaning one earbud fails quickly. Granted it could be the fact those who’s breaks complain, those who’s don’t, say nothing.
They're a total rip off for what you get. You are paying for the brand. Be sensible and get Bose, Sennheiser, Jaybirds, or Sony instead.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
They're far from terrible, but they don't represent anything close to good value. Spending the same amount of money on a pair of Sennheiser (just one example) will land you with a much, much better pair of headphones, without a doubt.

Then again, IMO spending more than about £80 on a pair of headphones to listen to low quality compressed audio (mp3 or streaming) on a smart phone (the vast majority having bang average soundchips in them) is a mugs game anyway.

GBBQ

A sufficient amount to know its somewhat resistant even if not advertised.

As for people saying its a waste of money, I'm sure its a valid opinion from their perspective but €150 for something I use daily, has already lasted months and pairs so quickly with my phone and tablet is a safe investment in my mind. They're a snug fit in the ear (rather than any kind of clip that goes on the ear and can pinch after a while) and it comes with different size buds that can be switched out to ensure the best fit, so they dont fall out when moving. It uses a lightning charger port, the same as newer iphones and ipads, which cuts down on how many plugs you need available if you are using those. They have 8 hours battery life and it charges extremely quickly (5 minutes charge gives 2 hours playback which is ideal if you're just out the door and realise you left them on). Even the fact the ear buds are magnetised means they stay around your neck if you stop to talk to someone. All nice little touches for convenience.

But sure, Apple fan boys 4 life or whatever.

Massive Spanner

A sufficient amount to know its somewhat resistant even if not advertised.

As for people saying its a waste of money, I'm sure its a valid opinion from their perspective but €150 for something I use daily, has already lasted months and pairs so quickly with my phone and tablet is a safe investment in my mind. They're a snug fit in the ear (rather than any kind of clip that goes on the ear and can pinch after a while) and it comes with different size buds that can be switched out to ensure the best fit, so they dont fall out when moving. It uses a lightning charger port, the same as newer iphones and ipads, which cuts down on how many plugs you need available if you are using those. They have 8 hours battery life and it charges extremely quickly (5 minutes charge gives 2 hours playback which is ideal if you're just out the door and realise you left them on). Even the fact the ear buds are magnetised means they stay around your neck if you stop to talk to someone. All nice little touches for convenience.

But sure, Apple fan boys 4 life or whatever.
You got ripped off. No two ways about it. €150 would've gotten you all of that and then some, with superior sound quality, build, and battery life, from another brand. That's just a fact.

Beats are the iPhone's of headphone's except at least iPhone's are good products.

If someone bought Beats they either

a) didn't bother doing research and went for the obvious or
b) want people to see them wearing Beats

ovoxo

In the UK there’s a deal on for the Beats X £78 if you buy an IPad. I know someone who’s looking to buy one. So would £78 represent value? I had a look at the Bose Soundsport wireless, but jeez are they ugly looking, they stick out like a sore thumb. I never liked the Apple earphones, they don’t stay in my ears.

@Jig1234 thanks for the recommendation, I’ll take a look at them too.

Last edited:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
You got ripped off. No two ways about it. €150 would've gotten you all of that and then some, with superior sound quality, build, and battery life, from another brand. That's just a fact.

Beats are the iPhone's of headphone's except at least iPhone's are good products.

One good thing Beats has going on for them is the apple wireless chip making bluetooth pairing easier and much more reliable if you are already wed to the apple eco-system like the iPhone, Macbook, iPad, apple watch etc. There's a lot of people that exclusively buy apple products and its for them.

Massive Spanner

One good thing Beats has going on for them is the apple wireless chip making bluetooth pairing easier and much more reliable if you are already wed to the apple eco-system like the iPhone, Macbook, iPad, apple watch etc. There's a lot of people that exclusively buy apple products and its for them.
Meh, I can pair my Sony headphones to my Android phone with a tap because it has NFC.

But yes, like many Apple products, the only reason to buy them over something that's cheaper and better is if you already have loads of other apple products.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I have the AirPods, absolutely fantastic. Sound is good, never fall out and very convenient.

Also have a pair of wireless Bowers & Wilkin's P7's which I use primarily when i'm working at home - I'm a big fan of B&W's sound personally.

villain

Hates Beyoncé

That's such a generalisation. Ironicallly, most people who tend to generalise and stereotype those who buy beats do so because they either

a) haven't used beats themselves
b) want to be seen as knowledgeable on a subject, while looking down on people who own beats as being ignorant.

Any decent audiophile will tell you that the quality of your headphones primarily depends on the type of music that you normally listen to. There's too many nuances in audio technology for an everyday pair of headphones to be able to distinguish between all genres. If your music taste is suited more towards bass and urban genre's then beats will be absolutely fine. Nobody buys a pair of Beats to listen to Adele.
Also you need to take into consideration where and how the person who is going to use the headphones will use them - if they need it for long haul flights, or while they're coding for 9 hours at a time - then things like noise isolation, comfort and build quality need to be taken into consideration.
Plus - you could then argue that if a person will expect their headphones to be a part of their day-to-day life for hours at a time, then to them spending £300+ will be seen as an investment, as opposed to the average user who will only use it for an hour or two during a commute and occasional gym visits.

There's far too many variables to just blow off people who buy beats as being ignorant, or materialistic - that's such a lazy argument.

SirAF

Ageist
That's such a generalisation. Ironicallly, most people who tend to generalise and stereotype those who buy beats do so because they either

b) want to be seen as knowledgeable on a subject, while looking down on people who own beats as being ignorant.

Any decent audiophile will tell you that the quality of your headphones primarily depends on the type of music that you normally listen to. There's too many nuances in audio technology for an everyday pair of headphones to be able to distinguish between all genres. If your music taste is suited more towards bass and urban genre's then beats will be absolutely fine. Nobody buys a pair of Beats to listen to Adele.
Also you need to take into consideration where and how the person who is going to use the headphones will use them - if they need it for long haul flights, or while they're coding for 9 hours at a time - then things like noise isolation, comfort and build quality need to be taken into consideration.
Plus - you could then argue that if a person will expect their headphones to be a part of their day-to-day life for hours at a time, then to them spending £300+ will be seen as an investment, as opposed to the average user who will only use it for an hour or two during a commute and occasional gym visits.

There's far too many variables to just blow off people who buy beats as being ignorant, or materialistic - that's such a lazy argument.
It's complete bollocks.

There's maybe a point about the Beats Studio etc, but the PowerBeats are brilliant for working out. Sweat/water resistant, good fit and good sound. What more do you need?

villain

Hates Beyoncé
It's complete bollocks.

There's probably a point about the Beats Studio etc, but the PowerBeats are brilliant for working out. Sweat/water resistant, good fit and good sound. What more do you need?
Couldn't agree more, people get far too high and mighty about Beats being crap/waste of money and they almost never own a pair themselves.
If your music library suits it, and you work out or want something comfortable and doesn't look like robot antennas then I don't personally see the problem.

Plus people have such an obsession with how other people spend their money, if they can afford it then it doesn't really matter if it's expensive to somebody else.

SirAF

Ageist
Couldn't agree more, people get far too high and mighty about Beats being crap/waste of money and they almost never own a pair themselves.
If your music library suits it, and you work out or want something comfortable and doesn't look like robot antennas then I don't personally see the problem.

Plus people have such an obsession with how other people spend their money, if they can afford it then it doesn't really matter if it's expensive to somebody else.
Spot on.

GBBQ

Yep, its one thing to make suggestions on alternatives that may or may not be better but to come in and say you've been ripped off is ridiculous.

Massive Spanner

Beats quality is nowhere near other headphones that are the same price. That's a fact. Check most top 10 guides on the net and you'll find them nowhere near the top.

Massive Spanner

this isn't an iPhone thread, you can't do the normal "ahh why do people come in here and criticize us for buying this product, what's the obsession with money, it's so sad". He asked what headphones to buy, therefore people are entitled to an opinion and to try and sway him off spending money on them. that's nothing to do with obsession, that's trying to offer practical advice.

if you're butt-hurt about your Apple product being dissed then go make a Beats (No other headphone discussion!) thread so you can actually use that argument.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Beats quality is nowhere near other headphones that are the same price. That's a fact. Check most top 10 guides on the net and you'll find them nowhere near the top.

You realize he created a thread asking what headphones to buy? I (and others) told him not to buy Beats. It was another poster who came in rabidly defending Beats, and now you're doing the same. Which actually makes sense seeing as they're owned by Apple so I guess it tends to follow the narrative that whenever someone criticizes anything by Apple you come along and moan.

What happened in this thread:

1. People said don't buy Beats
2. Apple lovers came in and acted like Beats was their son and we're calling their son ugly

It's so fecking tedious, why can't someone ask advice on a product without you bent-over Apple lovers getting your knickers in a twist?
"Beats quality" Do you even know what it is you're saying, or are you repeating everything that you read online?
As I said before, if your music library is primarily bass-filled music or urban music then "Beats Quality" is absolutely fine - and very highly recommended by people who actually own the headphones, not just people who are paid to review and rate.
I've read a wide variety of the type of "top 10 guides" you're referring to, and to say that my music taste and the reviewer's music taste vary quite differently is an understatement - audio technology responds to the input, and Beats are geared so heavily to a particular sound of music that it makes them unbalanced for anyone with a varied music library. However there are millions of people who like what they like, and Beats caters to that.
To suggest that the quality is crap, only makes you look ignorant and rude quite frankly.

Secondly - I've read the thread.
He came into the thread, asking for headphones to buy SirAF & GBBQ said their opinions on the PowerBeats, and you just came in to say that if you buy Beats you're wasting your money. You didn't even recommend anything to begin with, it wasn't until the OP responded to you that you came out with a generic Sennheiser, Bose, Sony list - and didn't even give him any models.
From the offset it's you who sounds like you're repeating a tedious narrative, because you haven't actually recommended a particular headphone model - you've just recommended not to buy Beats because they're crap and expensive and you're getting ripped off.

this isn't an iPhone thread, you can't do the normal "ahh why do people come in here and criticize us for buying this product, what's the obsession with money, it's so sad". He asked what headphones to buy, therefore people are entitled to an opinion and to try and sway him off spending money on them. that's nothing to do with obsession, that's trying to offer practical advice.

if you're butt-hurt about your Apple product being dissed then go make a Beats thread so you can actually use that argument.
And I quite clearly said that if someone is going to use headphones for 3+ hours a day every day, then spending a large amount of money on something that's comfortable has a good build quality will be more of an investment because it will last - I wasn't even speaking directly about Beats at that point, because I bought my B&W P5's in December 2010, and 7 years later, they still work despite them being overworked through my time at university.
Therefore even though it was expensive in the beginning, me spending £250 on something that has lasted this long has been fantastic.
Also just because something is expensive to you, doesn't mean that it's not worth the money to someone else.

Why you're bringing Apple into this, I have no idea - you ok hun?

Massive Spanner

"Beats quality" Do you even know what it is you're saying, or are you repeating everything that you read online?
As I said before, if your music library is primarily bass-filled music or urban music then "Beats Quality" is absolutely fine - and very highly recommended by people who actually own the headphones, not just people who are paid to review and rate.
I've read a wide variety of the type of "top 10 guides" you're referring to, and to say that my music taste and the reviewer's music taste vary quite differently is an understatement - audio technology responds to the input, and Beats are geared so heavily to a particular sound of music that it makes them unbalanced for anyone with a varied music library. However there are millions of people who like what they like, and Beats caters to that.
To suggest that the quality is crap, only makes you look ignorant and rude quite frankly.

Secondly - I've read the thread.
He came into the thread, asking for headphones to buy SirAF & GBBQ said their opinions on the PowerBeats, and you just came in to say that if you buy Beats you're wasting your money. You didn't even recommend anything to begin with, it wasn't until the OP responded to you that you came out with a generic Sennheiser, Bose, Sony list - and didn't even give him any models.
From the offset it's you who sounds like you're repeating a tedious narrative, because you haven't actually recommended a particular headphone model - you've just recommended not to buy Beats because they're crap and expensive and you're getting ripped off.
Yeah, I was telling him not to buy Beats because they are a waste of money for the price, I think that's good advice that's saving him money. Others agreed. You're more than welcome to give him advice too.

And I quite clearly said that if someone is going to use headphones for 3+ hours a day every day, then spending a large amount of money on something that's comfortable has a good build quality will be more of an investment because it will last - I wasn't even speaking directly about Beats at that point, because I bought my B&W P5's in December 2010, and 7 years later, they still work despite them being overworked through my time at university.
Therefore even though it was expensive in the beginning, me spending £250 on something that has lasted this long has been fantastic.
Also just because something is expensive to you, doesn't mean that it's not worth the money to someone else.

Why you're bringing Apple into this, I have no idea - you ok hun?
Yeah but if someone says "I want to spend £250 on headphones", I'm not going to tell them to get ones that aren't as good as others that are the same price before they buy them, because that would be really dumb. They might buy them and decide after a lot of use and multiple years they were worth it, but it doesn't mean that at the time, there weren't better options.

Beats = Apple. You love Apple and seem to take offense any time anyone criticize their products. You get the drift.

gaucho_10

I use AKG Y50 BT

They don't stick to your head really firm so they're not ideal for running (it doesn't bother me) and maybe I look like a retard to other people in the gym because they're not your regular in-ear workout headphones, but I don't care because the sound is really good and you can actually listen to music with them at home. I really love bluetooth headphones now that technology is good enough to get a decent sound out of them. I connect them to my phone, laptop or TV and it's kind of a all in one package. The only question is if the sweat will damage them somehow with time. It's been only 6 month so far and all is well (but I really don't sweat much).

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Yeah, I was telling him not to buy Beats because they are a waste of money for the price, I think that's good advice that's saving him money. Others agreed. You're more than welcome to give him advice too.

Yeah but if someone says "I want to spend £250 on headphones", I'm not going to tell them to get ones that aren't as good as others that are the same price before they buy them, because that would be really dumb. They might buy them and decide after a lot of use and multiple years they were worth it, but it doesn't mean that at the time, there weren't better options.

Beats = Apple. You love Apple and seem to take offense any time anyone criticize their products. You get the drift.
Not really sure how you've equated that Beats = Apple :lol:

For some reason you take offence by anyone who isn't an ignorant sheep, or you just have a weird fascination with mass generalising and discrediting people who like Apple products, and you don't see the irony in that.

Massive Spanner

Not really sure how you've equated that Beats = Apple :lol:

For some reason you take offence by anyone who isn't an ignorant sheep, or you just have a weird fascination with mass generalising and discrediting people who like Apple products, and you don't see the irony in that.
Huh? Beats are owned by Apple. Of course they're Apple.

I haven't taken offense, I've just told him he shouldn't buy Beats cause they're a rip off and there are way better options for the same price, is all. You can run along and tell him the reasons he should buy them if you want, I really can't be bothered having yet another long debate with you that goes nowhere.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Huh? Beats are owned by Apple. Of course they're Apple.

I haven't taken offense, I've just told him he shouldn't buy Beats cause they're a rip off and there are way better options for the same price, is all. You can run along and tell him the reasons he should buy them if you want, I really can't be bothered having yet another long debate with you that goes nowhere.
Yes but they’re two different companies, and me owning apple products doesn’t influence me taking a stance that beats are crap because I read a few online articles telling me so.
I simply said that you’ve made a broad generalisation and I guarantee you haven’t actually heard them yourself. The PowerBeats are great, certainly nowhere near crap.

Unless you’ve actually listened to them yourself and can confidently say that they’re crap sound quality wise, then you’re just repeating a tired excuse and not providing useful advice arent you? How is that useful to the OP?
Like I said earlier, you haven’t actually offered a model of headphones that he should get, you just came in saying Beats are crap and expensive and he’s wasting his money. I simply said, that’s a wild generalisation especially since two people in this thread who own them disagreed with your view.
I actually used to have the opinion that Beats were crap because everybody else told me the same thing, until I heard them for myself and was impressed that it was able to take on the type of music that 70% of my library is made from.

You have such a weird anti-apple stance that you’re now making assumptions that because I have a different opinion to you, that I’m the one repeating a tedious and tiresome argument. Whilst again, missing the irony in your statements.

See ya later babes.

@ovoxo i would recommend bowers & Wilkins personally, I’ve found that they are able to respond to a wide variety of music tastes, whilst being comfortable and stylish at the same time.
They are on the upper scale price wise, you’re talking £150 up. However like I said earlier I spent £250 on my P5’s 7 years ago, and only had to change the aux cable once, and the ear pads once (cost approx £25 for both over a 5 year period) and they’re still fantastic and show no signs of breaking any time soon.

Massive Spanner

Yes but they’re two different companies, and me owning apple products doesn’t influence me taking a stance that beats are crap because I read a few online articles telling me so.
I simply said that you’ve made a broad generalisation and I guarantee you haven’t actually heard them yourself. The PowerBeats are great, certainly nowhere near crap.

Unless you’ve actually listened to them yourself and can confidently say that they’re crap sound quality wise, then you’re just repeating a tired excuse and not providing useful advice arent you? How is that useful to the OP?
Like I said earlier, you haven’t actually offered a model of headphones that he should get, you just came in saying Beats are crap and expensive and he’s wasting his money. I simply said, that’s a wild generalisation especially since two people in this thread who own them disagreed with your view.
I actually used to have the opinion that Beats were crap because everybody else told me the same thing, until I heard them for myself and was impressed that it was able to take on the type of music that 70% of my library is made from.

You have such a weird anti-apple stance that you’re now making assumptions that because I have a different opinion to you, that I’m the one repeating a tedious and tiresome argument. Whilst again, missing the irony in your statements.

See ya later babes.

@ovoxo i would recommend bowers & Wilkins personally, I’ve found that they are able to respond to a wide variety of music tastes, whilst being comfortable and stylish at the same time.
They are on the upper scale price wise, you’re talking £150 up. However like I said earlier I spent £250 on my P5’s 7 years ago, and only had to change the aux cable once, and the ear pads once (cost approx £25 for both over a 5 year period) and they’re still fantastic and show no signs of breaking any time soon.
I've had Beats before and listened to the newer models plenty through friends who've bought them. I literally gave They're ok, but you can get much better for the same price. That's all I was telling him to do. Why not just... stop responding with these massive condescending bitchy posts and give him your own advice instead? Is that so difficult?

For in ear wireless, Jaybirds x3
For wireless over eat, Bose QC35 or Sennheiser Momentum
For a bit cheaper, Sony are the best quality for the lower price range imo.

ovoxo

I just wanted to know some good earphones or headphones. I didn’t want to spark a debate/argument:annoyed:

So far I’ve had suggestions on certain specific models, and thanks to everyone for those.

I do feel like I would prefer earbuds rather than over the ear headphones now. About the whole beats/apple thing, I’m actually an iPhone X user and Apple Watch 2, so I do see the benefits of the w1 chip along with the whole fast charging thing. So I wouldn’t rule out beats earphones just yet. Does anyone know where I would be able to try out a load of random earphones? I don’t think many places allow for that here in the UK.

I just need something which suits my genre of music and gets me pumped up in the gym. My anker ones are crap so I need the change.