Heaven Draft QF - Isotope vs EAP

Who will win this draft match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Team Isotope .............................................. Team EAP

ISOTOPE TACTICS

A 4-2-3-1 hybrid to 4-5-1 that dominate possession. The Team combines swaying samba from Zico, Garrincha, Falcao, and Nilton Santos (plus Best, the Irish-born Brazilian), with effectiveness of the Germans (Forster, Sammer, and Maier).

The wingplay of two GOAT wingers Garrincha and George Best are fed by the genius Zico as advanced playmaker, Paulo Roberto Falcao in central midfield, and Matthias Sammer in defense. The attack is spearheaded by one of (if not) the best finisher of all-time in Gerd Muller (398 goals in 453 with Bayern, and 68 goals in 62 games with Germany NT).

Steady as rock backline is covered by Paulo Roberto Falcão and Marcel Desailly in midfield, where Sammer can also step up to join midfield battle with his impeccable timing. This provides a technically exquisite and defensively solid platform for the rest of the team.

Special Tactic: To have Garrincha staying further up to isolate Cabrini. This prompts one opponent DM to leave his position, and stay close to Cabrini providing cover. Thus lessening midfield cover against the like of Zico, Best, and Falcao.

-------------------------------------------------------

EAP TACTICS

Formation: 4-2-2-2

Franco Baresi - Jaap Stam with Dino Zoff behind is a solid core to anchor the team. Cabrini and Brehme offer defensive solidity and consistent attacking width all game.
Frank Rijkaard shields the defence with Luisito Suarez as his playmaking partner. Rijkaard's all action playing style compliments well with intelligent positioning of Suzrez both in breaking up plays and start to attacks from the deep.
Rivellino and Socrates are both top notch #10s themselves. Lots of creativity. Plus Socrates had a good scoring record for a #10. His thundering shots from outside the box will add a new dynamic.
Puskas operates in his preferred role as free role SS. Dropping deep and playing off Sheva, he's ensure a steady supply of passes from all 3 playmakers around him.
Sheva is a complete #10 offering all round pace, movement and goals.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Isotope said:
The attack is spearheaded by one of (if not) the best finisher of all-time in Gerd Muller (398 goals in 453 with Bayern, and 68 goals in 62 games with Germany NT).
Don't undersell your striker Iso, this is just league goals. Full Bayern record is 563 in 605.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Don't undersell your striker Iso, this is just league goals. Full Bayern record is 563 in 605.
Thanks, man. To think that i used to donate $20 to Wiki years ago. They betrayed me when I need them.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Just some final thoughts before I get to bed.

Love Desailly, but him vs Rivellino, Socrates and a dropping back Puskas would be a bit too much.

Puskas and Sheva will consistently get a superb service from our midfield playmakers and cross from full backs.

As I said, Sammer in a back 4 is a untested player, whom I don't recall playing that role at all. Its just not the best use of him.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I think Iso's setup is a bit more more balanced primarily due to the smaller requirement on the FB to get forward. Also with Bossis tucking in it allows Sammer some freedom.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Just some final thoughts before I get to bed.

Love Desailly, but him vs Rivellino, Socrates and a dropping back Puskas would be a bit too much.

Puskas and Sheva will consistently get a superb service from our midfield playmakers and cross from full backs.

As I said, Sammer in a back 4 is a untested player, whom I don't recall playing that role at all. Its just not the best use of him.
You got my vote, just, but for the love of God stop referring to Shevchenko as a 'complete #10' in your write up when you're playing him as a 9!

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I think Sammer is in a good place. Iso's defense resembles a classic libero backline, with Sammer between two CB types who cover for his advances (Bossis also being able to move up on the flank, just like Vogts or Bergomi). The distinction between Sammer's and Falcao's realm is also very clean here, although I'd say in his R1 team it would have ultimately worked out in a similar way.

Nilton is a bit tricky here: on the one hand, I never saw him play a wide attacking role. He did move up at times, but usually in a half-field, playmaking capacity. (Haven't watched all the existing footage, though.) On the other hand, I think he had plenty of unused offensive capability, so I'd trust him in a Facchetti kind of role. A left-footed wingback type would have been ideal behind Best imo, but both players are very versatile and will make it work on that flank.

Bottom line, I like Iso's backline, although EAP's is yet on another level.

Last edited:

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
EAP's back six is a perfect all-time draft setup, both in individual quality and composition of player types. Just marvelous. The front four is excellent too, and while Kempes and Puskas bring slightly different things (and I liked what Kempes brought), it's a further improvement from round one. I'd expect very technical combination football with lots of interchanges and a varied goal threat.

Which puts the spotlight on the opposition offense, which is plain mad: The two greatest wingers of all time teamed up with the greatest goalscorer of all time and fecking Zico stuck in between. Müller's movement and link up play will work brilliantly with Best and Zico to everyone's benefit, while they can also feed on Garrincha's more classic wing play and deliveries.

EAP's back six is as great as Iso's front six, and the rest of either team is brilliant as well. But I think Iso's attack is virtually uncontainable, and add to that my premise that if all things are equal, Müller will decide the game. So Iso gets my vote.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think Sammer is in a good place. Iso's defense resembles a classic libero backline, with Sammer between two CB types who cover for his advances (Bossis also being able to move up on the flank, just like Vogts or Bergomi). The distinction between Sammer's and Falcao's realm and is also very clean here, although I'd say in his R1 team it would have ultimately worked out in a similar way.

Nilton is a bit tricky here: on the one hand, I never saw him play a wide attacking role. He did move up at times, but usually in a half-field, playmaking capacity. (Haven't watched all the existing footage, though.) On the other hand, I think he had plenty of unused offensive capability, so I'd trust him in a Facchetti kind of role. A left-footed wingback type would have been ideal behind Best imo, but both players are very versatile and will make it work on that flank.

Bottom line, I like Iso's backline, although EAP's is yet on another level.
Yeah, in R1, I have Desailly in backline because I was expecting Michael's attack of Gullit -- Messi -- Stoickhov. It would negate Sammer's strength to step-up joining midfield battle.

Now there's a bit leeway for him on stepping up.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Final thought, it felt a bit bizarre voting against this EAP side, which is not just flawless but spectacularly good. All-time drafts...