Henderson signs 6 year contract

Demaw

It also financially makes zero sense to keep a player on 100k+ a week on a 6 year contract just to loan him out every season. We’re going to be paying a big chunk of each loan wage
Exactly, we should have sold him last season when he was at his peak. Now he sits on the bench.

flappyjay

I hope that's £50m each!

OK Lingard with 6 months contract might only be £20-25m, but top class potential keepers are £70m+ these days so Hendo has to be somewhere close to that.
No one is paying over 5m for lingard in Jan.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Why are so many people on this forum such weapons when it comes to academy players?
Yeah, let's talk about all those weapons who were writing DDG off and clamouring for Henderson to take the #1 spot. He wasn't any better than DDG at his worst. Even Romero is levels above Henderson. We would be fecked if Solskjaer let De Gea go.

Henderson can go to Newcastle or wherever if he wants. Why should he get special dispensation just because he's an academy player. That doesn't make any sense.

Conor

Yeah, let's talk about all those weapons who were writing DDG off and clamouring for Henderson to take the #1 spot. He wasn't any better than DDG at his worst. Even Romero is levels above Henderson. We would be fecked if Solskjaer let De Gea go.

Henderson can go to Newcastle or wherever if he wants. Why should he get special dispensation just because he's an academy player. That doesn't make any sense.
They have nothing to do with what I'm talking about, you are talking about someone who has spent their life at Utd like he's an idiot for attempting to make it at the club. You can say that he's probably going to have to leave without being so disrespectful about it, no?

MalaysianRed7

Dean’s also a quality goalkeeper, just not at De Gea’s level. I rate him higher than Lindegaard and Romero, which should say something because those two were good, reliable international goalkeepers, especially the latter. He’s probably fuming that he got Covid at the exact moment he was going to take DDG’s spot, and DDG has once again found his best level which even Oblak, Mendy and Alisson are yet to reach.

For me, he has all the raw materials you’d want in a future Man United goalkeeper, which he showed last season and at Sheffield United, despite one or two mistakes every young goalkeeper makes. Excellent reflexes, tendency to fight for initiative in terms of high balls, decent distribution and a booming voice, which you can tell he uses well from the lockdown games. He’s a born and bred United fan as well, which is always a bonus even if obviously not the most important qualification to become a United keeper.

I can understand why Ole didn’t let him go to Wolves in the summer when he planned to make him the permanent number 1. However, it would be pretty unfair to not let him go out on loan or leave in January now with DDG back to his best, and having a number 3 in Heaton who was Villa’s number 1 just 2 seasons ago. The likes of Brighton, Leeds and Newcastle would take Dean on with open arms, and it would just stunt his development if we kept him here. We just have to ensure we insert a buyback clause if we do sell him, as I do see him as a future United number 1 and he would jump at the chance to come back.

Oranges038

There are dozens of us!
I'm one, I would still have him in over De Gea. Goalkeeping at top is way more than making a few saves. Henderson suits the team better, people who don't like him always point to the poor game he had against Liverpool. But don't care that with him last season, won more games, conceded less goals and kept more clean sheets. They also forget that De Gea was basically throwing them in for 3 seasons, but Henderson had a very bad game against Liverpool so that's it for him. DDG is back to camera save Dave, yet he is still conceding at least 1 goal a game.

De Gea only has only got 1 redeeming attribute. He causes more problems at the back that he solves. Him being stuck to his line sucks the whole team back 10-20 yards, he doesn't have any command of his box or back four, he's not vocal enough. He doesn't want to come for crosses or high balls into his 6 yard box. He doesn't want the ball played back to his feet, he doesn't want to show for back passes to switch the play and his passing and distribution is quite poor for a top level keeper. All that is why a much weaker keeper in Simon is keeping him out of the Spain team.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
They have nothing to do with what I'm talking about, you are talking about someone who has spent their life at Utd like he's an idiot for attempting to make it at the club. You can say that he's probably going to have to leave without being so disrespectful about it, no?
How am I being disrespectful? The guy thinks he's better than De Gea and deserves to start. Romero was 10x better than him and never kicked up a fuss in all the time he was here. I'm just saying if he thinks he is that good, he can go and be successful somewhere else. When you think of all the abuse Rooney got before he left, considering what he had done for the club, I reckon Henderson's getting off lightly.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I'm one, I would still have him in over De Gea. Goalkeeping at top is way more than making a few saves. Henderson suits the team better, people who don't like him always point to the poor game he had against Liverpool. But don't care that with him last season, won more games, conceded less goals and kept more clean sheets. They also forget that De Gea was basically throwing them in for 3 seasons, but Henderson had a very bad game against Liverpool so that's it for him. DDG is back to camera save Dave, yet he is still conceding at least 1 goal a game.

De Gea only has only got 1 redeeming attribute. He causes more problems at the back that he solves. Him being stuck to his line sucks the whole team back 10-20 yards, he doesn't have any command of his box or back four, he's not vocal enough. He doesn't want to come for crosses or high balls into his 6 yard box. He doesn't want the ball played back to his feet, he doesn't want to show for back passes to switch the play and his passing and distribution is quite poor for a top level keeper. All that is why a much weaker keeper in Simon is keeping him out of the Spain team.
All fair points though his passing and distribution have been quite good this season.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
People love making comments about something is the worst, or best ever, and it's usually silly.

But Hendo's positioning for that Salah goal at Old Trafford last year would take some beating for worst ever positioning from a keeper.
It was almost impossible for Salah not to score that one.
If De Gea had that positioning he’d have been skinned alive on here.

Paxi

Not at all, he could easily go on loan for the next 5-6 years+ with a view to eventually taking over De Gea.

If it was me I'd happily bide my time for a chance to be Man Utd number 1. Very high chance if he leaves he'll never hit the same level of club again and may never win anything.
Loan for 5-6 year? Why the feck would we do that? :lol:

Paxi

Thing is about Henderson; he’s pretty average, really. Seen him at Sheffield United and then with us last season and unless he has another couple of levels to hit, he shouldn’t be Uniteds number one. I wish him all the best though but it’s been a long fecking time since England had a top, top keeper and I don’t see it changing.