Henman's last hurrah (Great Britain vs Croatia)

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Davis Cup, World Group play-off
Date: 21-23 Sept
Venue: Court One, Wimbledon
Watch: BBCi, BBC Sport website
Listen: Updates on BBC Radio 5live
Updates: BBC Sport website and mobile

Tim Henman will take on world number 12 Ivan Ljubicic in the opening singles matches of Great Britain's Davis Cup tie against Croatia at Wimbledon.

The 33-year-old is set to retire after the tie but is determined to go out on a winning note at the All England club.

Andy Murray will play Marin Cilic in Friday's other singles match before joining brother Jamie to face Ljubicic and Lovro Zovko on Saturday.

Murray will then play Ljubicic while Henman faces Cilic on Sunday.

The 28-year-old Ljubicic has won eight singles titles in his career, including the Qatar Open in January this year, where he beat British number one Murray in straight sets.

I can't wait to get back out on the court and playing in front of a big Wimbledon crowd

Andy Murray

Cilic caused a major upset when he beat world number four Nikolay Davydenko at the China Open last week.

The 18-year-old also beat Henman in the first round at Queen's Club in June.

"It would be a great scenario to go out on Sunday at 2-2 against the man who beat me at Queen's this year - I wouldn't need any extra motivation," said Henman.

"I was very ordinary at Queen's this year but I'm confident I can comeback with a different result.

"He's a good player and getting better all of the time but I didn't take my chances that day.

"I could and probably should have won all three sets yet still lost the match and I'm determined the same won't happen again."

Cilic caused a major upset when he beat world number four Nikolay Davydenko at the China Open last week.

The 18-year-old also beat Henman in the first round at Queen's Club in June.

"It would be a great scenario to go out on Sunday at 2-2 against the man who beat me at Queen's this year - I wouldn't need any extra motivation," said Henman.

"I was very ordinary at Queen's this year but I'm confident I can comeback with a different result.

"He's a good player and getting better all of the time but I didn't take my chances that day.

"I could and probably should have won all three sets yet still lost the match and I'm determined the same won't happen again."

606: DEBATE
The crowd will be with Henman, it's gonna be his final hurrah and I think he'll put everything he's got into it

Bring back Bell!

Andy Murray said: "I can't wait to get back out on the court and playing in front of a big Wimbledon crowd after not getting the chance earlier in the year.

"I've felt in really good shape this week and I've been hitting the ball better than I've for a while.

"The forehand is feeling great and I just want to get on with the matches now.

"It's two or three times better than it was at the US Open and hopefully I can get the right result.

"Marin is a typical Croatian - he's tall, hits the ball hard and serves well so it's up to me to make sure I return well."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday (1100 BST)
Andy Murray v Marin Cilic
Followed by: Tim Henman v Ivan Ljubicic

Saturday (1300)
Andy Murray & Jamie Murray v Ljubicic & Lovro Zovko

Sunday (1100)
Andy Murray v Ivan Ljubicic
Followed by: Tim Henman v Marin Cilic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7004537.stm