Higuain worth a punt on a free transfer?

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Rumours of Juve releasing him, he still got double figures this season, would he be worth a punt as a bench option on a free transfer? Could get him on an initial one year contract and see how he gets on?

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
For a bench player or squad player, he is still going to come with a hefty wage packet. Would swerve this one.

bakalhau

I think he has always been underrated in his career. I'm not saying he's a great incredible player, but I think he has had a nice career, and his spell Madrid was good, I like him. Good player overall throughout his career.

But he looks unfit. I can't explain. I can't say the exact word. He seemed rather off when playing this season, not sure if because overweight, or which reason... Not sure if he's unmotivated...

I like him but he just doesn't have that level right now for any top club.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Did you not see how abysmal he was at Chelsea? He’s only gotten older, fatter, and shitter since.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
If we want a fat cnut we might as well check on James Corden's availability, at least he'll fit the homegrown quota.

OleGunnar20

No thank you. The guys a talented player but so unfit & seemingly uninterested in changing that. Plus, I imagine he'd be demanding a hefty wage.

Addled

No. Definitely not. Absolutely not. Not in a wild wet dream. No feckin way. Thanks but NO THANKS.

Jericho

This is the kind of transfer we might have made a few years ago, but not now. We need younger players with a hunger to succeed and a desire to prove themselves.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Very good striker once upon a time. I never thought he would be as good as he became when he was first at Madrid but he’s had a good career

ti vu

God no. This past 2 seasons, he has seriously declined. Rather offer to loan Bale and pay part of his wage if we're that desperate... Of course, I don't want us to go that route.

Mark Pawelek

For a bench player or squad player, he is still going to come with a hefty wage packet. Would swerve this one.
Too expensive. If players can be split into tiers. I put him at tier 3. At 32 he's only 'good', a tier below who we should be recruiting. We need to sign top 4 players:
1 - world class
2 - top 4 material
3 - good
4 - ...

murali_red

No, he is too slow now and not the age to adjust to premiere league. Will demand around 300k as well