Hillsborough Disaster

TheReligion

Abusive
Today marks the anniversary of the tragedy, the first since the families finally achieved what they set out to do by holding those involved on that fateful day to account. Whilst they may not have got the end result they desired it's fair to say they did achieve justice for those that perished and for those who were left scarred by events that were to unfold that afternoon. There are many questions that remain unanswered, and given the time that has passed they likely never will be, but you have to admire the resilience and sheer force of will of those involved in the campaign for all those years as they have truly honoured their loved ones and let it be known that such a tragedy, and subsequent cover up, will never be allowed to happen again.

I hope closure brings with it some comfort and the possibility of rebuilding the lives of those damaged by events.

The 96 can now finally rest in peace.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Thoughts with the family and friends of those who went to support their favourite team and never came home.

Rest in peace.

Redcy

Remember the scenes on the day, it was terrible and worsened by the media treatment, police coverups, etc. I hope that those families at least feel some sense of justice, it can never bring back the lost, but a genuine tragedy

CornerFlag

Supports
Liverpool
It's always a surreal day, more so because of the circumstances around my step-brother. Always looked up to him when I was younger despite him being a couple of years older. Anyway, he used to have the back bedroom which meant that, when I stayed over, a little camp bed was set up for me to stay over on. On the day I remember watching his little black Matsui with the game on, and these swathes of people coming onto the pitch. Bearing in mind I was 6 and he was 8 the enormity of the situation was pretty much lost on me. Anyway we ended up watching for a while and I distinctly remember seeing footage at some point of a phone number to call for those worried about loved ones.

I didn't know at the time but he was meant to have gone to that game with his dad, in that end too. Being 8, if he hadn't have had his dad have to do something else which meant he couldn't go, he may have been the youngest victim of the disaster. And that'll always live with me.

To all that passed away, both directly and indirectly; to those who remain haunted by what happened that day, you will always be in my thoughts.

Reactions: SteveJ

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's always a surreal day, more so because of the circumstances around my step-brother. Always looked up to him when I was younger despite him being a couple of years older. Anyway, he used to have the back bedroom which meant that, when I stayed over, a little camp bed was set up for me to stay over on. On the day I remember watching his little black Matsui with the game on, and these swathes of people coming onto the pitch. Bearing in mind I was 6 and he was 8 the enormity of the situation was pretty much lost on me. Anyway we ended up watching for a while and I distinctly remember seeing footage at some point of a phone number to call for those worried about loved ones.

I didn't know at the time but he was meant to have gone to that game with his dad, in that end too. Being 8, if he hadn't have had his dad have to do something else which meant he couldn't go, he may have been the youngest victim of the disaster. And that'll always live with me.

To all that passed away, both directly and indirectly; to those who remain haunted by what happened that day, you will always be in my thoughts.
It's scary to think how seemingly small decisions can have such a big impact on us.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
My cousin went to this and was actually in the Leppings Lane end. Fortunately for him, he was near the back and pulled up into the tier above. I watched it on TV and will never forget it, he saw it yards in front of him and I know it still affects him.

To all Liverpool posters on the Caf, Liverpool fans generally, families and friends affected. On the anniversary of Hillsborough, you are still remembered.

RIP the 96.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
A horrible day and I hope the families managed to get some sense of closure from the inquiries. Events like this should unite everyone, regardless of team or allegiance. Above all let's hope the game never has to see any comparable event like this again. RIP to all the victims, they won't be forgotten.

Erebus

Remembering the 96, and never, ever forgetting those who tried to smear the fans and their campaign for justice.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
I think its disgusting what happened today. I was a small boy when this happened. Im a middle aged man now. And the system fecked these people over and over and over again. 25 years just to get the truth to come out. And now another 5 years to get those responsible for the cover up into court. And the judge just throws it all away for a technicality. The utter fecking state of this country and its justice system. Where is the fecking justice for these 96 and their families who have had to endure this shit for over 30 years.

Absolutely disgusting. Where is the justice? fecking where?