W: 2-1 vs. Barcelona (UEL)
W: 3-1 vs. West Ham (FAC)
W: 4-1 vs. Real Betis (UEL)
D: 0-0 vs. Southampton
W: 3-1 vs. Fulham (FAC)

Won: 21
Drawn: 3
Lost: 2

Outstanding home form. Old Trafford is a very difficult place to go again. We started the season so badly adjusting to the way EtH wanted to play. No excuses as Brighton came to play and deserved to win that way.

Real Sociedad was such an odd one with the Queen's passing. Atmosphere was so subdued and I didn't realise how much it would effect people. Also, it was probably the worst decision against us all season - never a penalty so we should really be looking at one defeat all season so far. Also, 10 wins on the bounce at home in all competitions.

I'd also add that we already played Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Man City and Newcastle at home in the first half of the season. Our remaining Premier League home games are: Crystal Palace, Leicester, Brentford, Southampton, Everton, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Wolves, Fulham, and the tbc rearranged fixture vs Leeds.

Keep this up and we're definitely looking at finishing the season in a similar position to we already are. Should be getting a large chunk of that remaining 30 points at home being an 80~ point side again potentially. Sooner than I'd have expected us to be realistically able to do that!

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I really didn't see top 4 coming after last season and the first two games of this one. Lovely stuff. We seem to have a purpose and intensity at home which gets the crowd and team going.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
That draw against park the bus and waste time Newcastle :mad:

miked99

Every single one of those home games looks winnable. Obviously it's unlikely to turn out that way, but it's great to be feeling genuine optimism for once.

Alemar

Sociedad was an outrageous penalty against, should have been a draw in that game.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We are getting that fear factor back, slowly but surely. Teams start to hate coming to OT again

Raw

We currently have the joint best home record in the PL too. Us, City and Arsenal all have 22 points (though Arsenal have played 1 game less).

Our away form is joint 3rd too, but we still have a -4 GD thanks to Brentford and City :lol:

Alemar

We currently have the joint best home record in the PL too. Us, City and Arsenal all have 22 points (though Arsenal have played 1 game less).
But we need to account for cups as well - those are also important competitions, and our cup home form is also decent

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The game against Brighton and Newcastle are annoying. More points against them 2 and we’d be 2nd now. Can’t believe how quick it’s taken ETH and the team to adapt though this season. With a few more additions next season I think we can definitely challenge for the league and reach the later rounds of the CL if we obviously get top 4 this season. Still a lot of football to be played and still 4 competitions to try and win.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I know we 'don't have enough goals in the team', but written down that doesn't look too shabby at all, with it being over 2 per game.
Think it helps that we’ve got other players chipping in with goals. Unlike city who most of there goals have come from Haaland so that means when Haaland has an off game they have no other goals. I mean they’ve got the quality and goals in the team but it’s been all Haaland this season.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
By comparison De Zerbi’s undefeated home record stretches back just one day and zero matches.

GueRed

It's been excellent. Old Trafford is a fortress again...

IF we can keep it going AND improve our away form? then we're talking..

bringbackbebe

What explains the difference between an amazing home form and a disastrous away form? Fans alone?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
5 losses in 13 in the league. Still have the likes of Pool, Arsenal and Newcastle left. And if we can lose to dross like Fulham, Palace and Bournemouth then we certainly also can lose to Everton and Burnley.

8 losses in 18 in all comps. Beyond criminal.

Ole'sgunnarwin

5 losses in 13 in the league. Still have the likes of Pool, Arsenal and Newcastle left. And if we can lose to dross like Fulham, Palace and Bournemouth then we certainly also can lose to Everton and Burnley.

8 losses in 18 in all comps. Beyond criminal.
8 losses in 18 home matches is the worst stat out of all the dreadful stats that have come out recently. Unforgivable