Hope or anger: It’s all about the narrative

Sir Erik ten Hag

The 3-3 scoreline against Galatasaray angered a lot because we were leading.

But if we got the same scoreline but with a difference in how the match went, I’m sure the atmosphere on CAF would be very different.

Imagine Galatasaray was leading us 3-0. Then we equalized in the last 10 minutes. The scoreline would be the same. But the atmosphere on here would be much more fired up: “It’s not over yet. We go again. Bring on Bayern Munich like the good old days!”…

So let’s just imagine things went that way and be more cheerful. Life is all about happiness and it stems from your mind, I guess?

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
There was a lot to love about how the team played last night. Bruno was outstanding. Everyone (bar the keeper, sometimes) did their job. Maguire was great, as was Shaw. Anthony was pretty good, too. Rasmus played well. It was a great game, harking back to old school ways. Wonderful goals. It’s a pity Onana isn’t working; only for his shocker it would have been an epic night

maximus419

The OP seems to want to live in an alternative reality but I'm afraid most of us live in reality and you can't undo all the failures of the last 7-8 months, since the league cup final.

We are regressing, people saying we played well, we didn't. Sure, there are some players performing better of late, but that's because expectations are low. Good teams, good players, make easy work of this group and qualify comfortably, you can't excuse these results, especially given the money spent.

I'm not angry, because I never believed we were going anywhere anyway. Apathy really has set in, until we operate like a top football club and we have a complete reset, then maybe we can look forward with positive thinking.

lysglimt

Scout
The strange thing is - we actually have played quite well in some matches in the C.L - but we have been punished so hard both by officials and our own mistakes. And no matter how irritated I am after yesterday, I am still a lot more positive now than I was after the first 6-7 matches of the season when we were abysmal all over the pitch. Now we actually look like scoring a few times in each match

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
The meta is always there with United for me (there's still years of struggle to be had), but I don't let it get in the way of the micro experience. We seem to be on the verge of a decent run with certainly Bruno and hopefully Rashford finding their scoring boots. The meso outlook is rather iffy considering the injuries to Martinez and Casemiro.

m1tch

The 3-3 scoreline against Galatasaray angered a lot because we were leading.

But if we got the same scoreline but with a difference in how the match went, I’m sure the atmosphere on CAF would be very different.

Imagine Galatasaray was leading us 3-0. Then we equalized in the last 10 minutes. The scoreline would be the same. But the atmosphere on here would be much more fired up: “It’s not over yet. We go again. Bring on Bayern Munich like the good old days!”…

So let’s just imagine things went that way and be more cheerful. Life is all about happiness and it stems from your mind, I guess?
That's just a constructed fantasy though, ignoring reality isn't particularly helpful in life.