Gaming Hot Wheels: Unleashed (PS4/5 Xboxes)

b82REZ

Seems to have flown completely under the radar.

Hands down the best racer I've played since Burnout 3.

I expect this will place highly on GoTY lists despite apparently no-one playing it, yet.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters

Thanks for bringing it to my attention! I have very fond memories of playing it back in the day, looks absolutely mint. Rave reviews.

I'll likely get it soon.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Seems to have flown completely under the radar.

Hands down the best racer I've played since Burnout 3.

I expect this will place highly on GoTY lists despite apparently no-one playing it, yet.
Your GOTY thread reminded me to post here. I picked this up a few weeks ago and hated my first hour or so with it so much I tried to get a refund from Xbox.

They've just declined so I'll be going back to it. I love arcade racers so thought this would be right up my street but the drifting didn't feel good to me, probably because the tracks were annoyingly narrow. There's definitely a chance I just need to get better at it, but it didn't feel like there was room to allow for long in-out or out-in drifts or chaining them together. Expected more ramps, boosts and chaos - but maybe it's early tracks.

Did it click from the off? I really got into that Sumo arcade racer (Hotshot Racing?) this year before it got taken off gamepass and it felt a lot more natural. Maybe that's because I played a lot of their Sonic racers though.

b82REZ

Your GOTY thread reminded me to post here. I picked this up a few weeks ago and hated my first hour or so with it so much I tried to get a refund from Xbox.

They've just declined so I'll be going back to it. I love arcade racers so thought this would be right up my street but the drifting didn't feel good to me, probably because the tracks were annoyingly narrow. There's definitely a chance I just need to get better at it, but it didn't feel like there was room to allow for long in-out or out-in drifts or chaining them together. Expected more ramps, boosts and chaos - but maybe it's early tracks.

Did it click from the off? I really got into that Sumo arcade racer (Hotshot Racing?) this year before it got taken off gamepass and it felt a lot more natural. Maybe that's because I played a lot of their Sonic racers though.
It has a steep learning curve and each car drives and drifts differently. Don't go into it expecting Mario Kart where you'll effortlessly glide round corners. You'll probably take a few races to feel comfortable but when it clicks it's amazing.

I can assure you the track design is insane and they use the 4 areas really well and create some really interesting tracks in each one. The boss stages are generally very good, if not a little frustrating because of the gimmick on each one.

I'd say stick with it until you beat the first boss, you should know by then if you're going to like it.

The Firestarter

Question, is there any racer on ps5 that can be played with the orientation sensors of the dualshock, I.e holding vertically like a steering wheel?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
To be fair Mario Kart gets pretty fecking hard. 200cc on likes of rainbow road are solid.

I'll give it another crack. When you get bored of this, take a look at Hotshot.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

Why did they decline it? Thought Xbox were usually pretty good at refunds.