How do we sell Harry Maguire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggins

Did he just try to dodge the ball for the third goal or am I imagining things :lol: I’m truly done

luke511

He's so shit at blocking things! Get Bailly in for the love of god

Leg-End

Someone would take him, give him away if needs be just move on from him.

Classical Mechanic

Because he has no idea what or who is behind him and is in a vulnerable part of the pitch. As evidenced by what actually happened.
But then you're assuming that it's realistic for a player to actually adjust in that situation. Perhaps you can say that Maguire has slow reactions in this regard but to say it's 'crazy' for this to not happen is a little fanciful in my opinion.

Jacob

At this point, he's be happy to take a pay cut and a less stressful job.

Lee565

Sad thing is newcastle would be our best bet to get a good price for him but brainless board would vote against it as they would see it as strengthening a rival rather than realising it would strengthen us to get rid of this lump as automatic starter

Tyrion

But then you're assuming that it's realistic for a player to actually adjust in that situation. Perhaps you can say that Maguire has slow reactions in this regard but to say it's 'crazy' for this to not happen is a little fanciful in my opinion.
He should have cleared it. The only alternative was to let the ball go back into his own box where opposition players were without even looking. He chose the latter and City scored which was obviously a massive risk.

cyberman

The amount of times he misses an easy chance to score from set pieces because he takes his eye off the ball if it’s anywhere close to a player in front is scandalous

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Everyone involved in his signing needs to be sacked.
EIGHTY FECKING MILLION POUNDS!

Biggins

The amount of times he misses an easy chance to score from set pieces because he takes his eye off the ball if it’s anywhere close to a player in front is scandalous
But this is standard for him! He does the same thing with defensive headers

SirScholes

It’s fancy taht a defender doesn’t clear his lines 6 yards out facing his own goal?
fanciful for maguire maybe

Anustart89

It's beyond the point of being able to sell him. I just hope that we don't trigger a contract extension seeing as that's what we usually do when we have shit players on our books.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
if you’re consistently shite at your job you get sacked. It’s how every other job in the world works apart from footballers.

this guy would’ve been in the job centre years ago.

IWat

It's Sunday league stuff, you don't let the keeper make a save and then let the ball roll out like that through your legs. Put it out for a corner, whatever is needed to get it out of the danger area - Phil Jones-esque header, I don't care. If this was a one-off thing, it could be put down to a lapse in judgement, but the guy is an utter skidmark and a complete liability.

Pintu

If you don’t have the reaction to clear a ball in that situation, what are you good for?

He is proving week in week out that he is hardly good enough for PL football, let alone a CL team… He is more suited for a Burnley or a Norwich.

Charlie Foley

I don’t really understand what you’re trying to say here so apologies if I’m misinterpreting you but it’s his reaction/“adjustment” that’s the problem. He moves his right foot out of the way of the ball.

Pintu

Hate is a strong word, but I really dislike the guy and never want to see him again. But let's remember Maguire doesn't pick himself; what the hell is the manager doing?
The previous manager made a clown move buying him and giving him the captaincy. I can’t figure why he stood by him after the countless amateurish displays. Incompetence is the only explanation.

The current manager clearly doesn’t have the prerogatives required to drop the team’s 80M captain.

lilcurt

At this point, he's be happy to take a pay cut and a less stressful job.
This I honestly think if the club are willing to stomach the loss, I imagine he would be happy enough to go. He isn't built for the pressure of a top club and certainly doesn't have the ability.

MichaelRed

We should just pay out & release him from his contract & then sell his bloopers as NFTs to recoup the money.

binary bot
He was always slow but i think he's had a significant physical decline from last season. The small adjustments he makes to his shape etc. are fecking abysmal

abkmufc92

Such a shame Jones and Bailly are injury prone and not this cnut.

Moriarty

If you don’t have the reaction to clear a ball in that situation, what are you good for?

He is proving week in week out that he is hardly good enough for PL football, let alone a CL team… He is more suited for a Burnley or a Norwich.
But then he's had some great games for England, including a WC semi and a Euro final. He's an enigma that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.