g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

How far away from City are we?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Better question: How far are we away from Liverpool....

Eleven-Eighteen

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45372362

I know it's a sickening read but you can see what a solid structure in a club can bring you. They changed quite a few managers down the line but they benefited from most of their signings and they always looked like they had a plan in place whenever things started to go a bit wrong.
One thing I've not seen being mentioned in most places is that City brought on Aitor "Txiki" Begiristain Mujika in 2012; he was the Barca technical director in from 2003-12. He's clearly a very important piece of the puzzle.

And we need someone like that in our technical set up to sit between the bean counters and our Manager

AgentP

I think the gap is only going to widen. They are already close to signing Bruno and are also linked to Felix and Rodri. So despite having the best squad in the league(even in the whole of Europe maybe), they are still not easing up on the spending and are already lining up transfers.

The best players will obviously choose to play for them while we'll be left fighting for the scraps. It might be another 10 years before we have a squad better than them.