How high would you rank current Squad 20/21? (post-SAF)

Web of Bissaka

:drool: It's an easy sweet 2nd for me, exciting team.

Best squad ranking:
1st
- Squad 16/17 (Mou) - Zlatan, Mkhi, Pogba, Herrera, Carrick, Valencia, Rojo-Bailly, Darmian, Romero, De Gea
Mainly because of Zlatan literally lifting everyone's spirits and confidence since he joined pre-season, grabbing the shield and had the good start up until we won the first trophy of that season. The belief that we can and will be a winner and actually proving it later on with 2 trophies (alas the league) is the most crucial factor why this is first. Our football is fantastic with him leading the line. Pogba's back to bring in the necessary top creativity we have been lacking, Mkhi injecting bursts of pace and strong counter attacks and Bailly looking like a top potential defender, all are fantastic additions to the squad. Carrick, Herrera, De Gea, Valencia, Rojo and Rashford too made this season exciting to watch. Contributions by Fellaini, Mata, Young, Darmian, Romero, etc etc are also appreciated and necessary. It's a total squad game especially since we had that bad injuries affecting our superb run of football. One only weakness of this is the bad finishing we had for several few months, but other than that, this season have a good entertaining and effective football from start to finish. Sure there are expected inconsistencies and tinkering as we're exploring best 11 and best formation along the way, but that's normal for a new assembly of team. The controversies in this season may be off putting to some people but then for me the players and environments at the club are always questionable, so I supported it (I don't the next season as I think it's getting way too much). The only sad thing about this season is the decline of Rooney :( I wish he would still be good enough to be an impact sub or good 2nd choice CF.. alas he's not.

2nd - Squad 20/21 (Ole) - Bruno, Cavani, Telles, Henderson + Squad 19/20
Seriously looking at just the squad, damn this group of players are fun! :drool:It's definitely a fun squad to manage and play in video games... That aside, it's strongly because of Bruno, the key difference maker and a huge influence in games, but of course credit to Ole and others at the club for bringing in Dean, Telles, Cavani, Pellistri, Diallo and VDB joining with the interesting 19/20 squad. It's good and exciting. Looking forward to what Pell and Amad can do. The two bad points of this squad are (solely looking at the squad and not football) the Pogba+Railo annoying comments, not for the first time and the not classy treatment of Romero. The least Ole could do is putting him in as 3rd choice keeper as long as he's here in this nice prison, alas he had a shit agent who play favoritism among his clients. Anyway, we continue to break many new positive records! Of course there are bad records too along the way, but focus on the positive! This squad is exciting and basically an improved version of the 19/20 squad. De Gea is also much much better.

3rd - Squad 14/15 (LVG) - Di Maria, Herrera, Blind, Shaw, Rojo, McNair + Wilson, Januzaj, Captain Rooney!
This is more on observations and impression at the start than hindsight and actual performances later on. No doubt this is an exciting squad, mainly because of the new shiny toys I mean the new players made to this season and joining the squad, making it so exciting to anticipate. No doubts. All the 5 new players there plus the introduction of McNair are really fun to follow. All the 5 signings too made our football more flair, energetic and pacy. I don't rate the other new players eg. Falcao. New Captain Rooney too which is interesting. Di Maria is a world class during this time, and getting #7 is "acceptable" at first. Blind and Herrera also play football in fun ways. Shaw provides the energy, youth and attacking, potential Evra replacement. McNair is a fine CM-turned-to-CB while Rojo is a crazy left footed CB. Wilson is a nice exciting youth addition since Giggs gave him the debut season before. And Januzaj combining with the new players are an exciting idea, no way he won't improve and be a top player one day right? right?

4th - Squad 19/20 (Ole) - Greenwood, McTominator, Fred, AWB, Maguire-Lindelof + Bruno, Martial
Mostly because of Bruno joining later on turning this season hell into awesome. That said the addition of AWB, Greenwood and rise of McTominator in the first half made that period tolerable enough providing the excitements. It's largely trash with many players turning crap namely Lingard, Pereira and De Gea. It's a joke season of an otherwise interesting squad. Maguire and James are fair additions to the team, not the players I favored but it's okay, they do improved the team. A lot of players are also way inconsistent. The consistent fun and huge improvements especially Martial comes afterwards because of Bruno. It's essentially a transition season. Fred finally adapted and made huge influences, especially since we no longer had Herrera, but then again he's already declining and injury-prone. Martial purple patch playing as a genuine CF later on is awesome!

5th - Squad 15/16 (LVG) - Schweinsteiger, Lingard, Depay, Martial, Pereira, Schneiderlin, Darmian, TFM, Varela, Blind-BeastMike + Rashford!
Underwhelming new recruits especially Schneiderlin, Lingard and Romero at first. Plus pointless new additions eg. Schweini (since we have Carrick already), and Pereira (if you're not using him at all). This is 5th because at the start, having plenty of new exciting players such as Martial, Depay, Darmian (he's highly rated at that time), Pereira, TFM, Varela among other youths that are teased. Romero turned up to be a very good signing. Rashford later on made this squad way more exciting!

6th - Squad 17/18 (Mou) - McTominay, Lukaku, Lingod, Matic, Lindelof + Sanchez...
This is only because of McT and Lingod. They made the season more exciting. The new signings bar Lindelof at the start before their games start are underwhelming to be honest. I do get the rationale and necessity in getting Lukaku and Matic, but I much prefer if we get younger DM and a more exciting striker, though I'm not sure one is available at that time. It's a sub-par squad to be honest. Matic impressed at the start but not later on. Sanchez too brought in the excitement, but not me, never felt he's this top player seeing him at Arsenal, and honestly I much prefer Ozil and with Mou in charge, just maybe he can turn him better. I do get why we're not getting him though since we have Pogba but really the empty RW... we've been playing false RW anyway, so Ozil would be a huge upgrade. It's a dull squad to be honest even if it's a solid squad, especially since Zlatan is no longer the same. Lindelof is a joke this season while the rest have their issues.

7th - Squad 13/14 (Moyes) - Januzaj, Fellaini, Mata... + deadwoods
Honestly, the only fun aspect of this disappointing squad is the exciting Januzaj! Fellaini and Mata are underwhelming to be honest. Sure they contributed a lot for the team, but I just don't rate them. Many fans rated Mata when he were at Chelsea, but I don't. Surely we should try and get a more pacy wingers. Are we seriously going to use Mata at CAM or SS? No way, with both RVP and Rooney there. So what's the point. Overall, it's an ageing squad, full of declining players to be honest that are physically declining and motivations draining away. Too many deadwoods. Wilson at the end is nice and fun.

8th - Squad 18/19 (Mou) - Dalot, Pereira, Fred, Grant...
Terrible... enough said. Dalot is interesting and arguably the only one plus Andreas Pereira that made this new squad slightly exciting, but I don't rate Fred nor Grant at all. Yeah, I get the reasoning behind Grant but I just don't with Fred. It's a shit squad improvement overall after the previous 2nd place season. Underwhelming squad. Squad must always be freshen up every seasons to keep current players on their toes and improve the whole squad. Sustainability and maintenance. It's all on Mou for throwing tantrums instead of being professional and the shit incompetent staffs at the club for spoiling it.

el3mel

For me it's the best squad we have assembled post SAF, and better than anything Mourinho and LVG had under their disposal in general. It has a great mix of players already in their prime, players just approaching their prime and upcoming exceptional youngsters. There also some old and experienced players on the bench to help. It's a great mix and the only one I think it has the ability to challenge for the title and win it.

I would rank Mourinho's first season squad second, then LVG's first season one, then Mourinho' second, then Moyes one and finally LVG's second season squad to be the worst. It was just awful overall with severe lack of quality and squad depth.

Sb_16

This squad feels so organic. We've maybe had more success with the other squads but this is the most entertaining one in a long time. Sure we must do better but we can also do much worse. I'm enjoying these times but each to their own I suppose.

meamth

This is the best squad since Fergie retired. Better than Europa success in 2017.

The only team capable of playing fast break attacks since 2014, true United way. The squad is young and full of excitement, I wouldn't pick any other team than the current squad.

The scary thing is this team haven't clicked yet in terms of forwards output and defensive stability/form, not to mention the home form!

Once it clicked, I can only imagine how far we can go in the league...let's keep hoping!

This is the best squad we’ve had since SAF retired... arguably it’s better than the squad SAF had in his final years as manager.

Kag

It's the best squad we've had since Ferguson and it's not even close.
Agreed.

Ole’s done a fantastic job in this respect. Binning off Lukaku and Sanchez; trusting in Martial, Rashford and Greenwood; buying Bruno; finally bringing in cover (Telles) for the perpetually injured Shaw. We’ve even brought in a couple of punts (Pellistri and Diallo) who may or may not turn out to work well for us on the wings. Many will argue that these were obvious things to do but the reality is that these decisions weren’t being made by our previous managers.

We’re still a few injuries away from being in real bother, and I still think we need to bring in a few more players: experienced cover and competition at right back, a left-sided centre half, a central midfielder who can pick a pass and get stuck in (Pogba’s replacement) and another goal-scoring forward. On the whole, though, I’m confident that this can be fixed through some good planning.