How many holiday do the players get this season?

Blackwidow

Just out of interest - how many days of holiday do your players get between season 20/21 and 21/22? I am interested in this because I want to see how much the clubs take the hustle of the last two seasons with the short break and the tougher schedule into consideration.

The matches in Germany start again with the first round of the Cup from August 6th to 9th - followed by matchday 1 of the 1st Bundesliga the weekend after and the Supercup between BVB and Bayern on Tuesday 17th.

At FC Bayern the holidays started 23rd May and the players that did not have any international matches started again with the preparation for the new season on July 5th. That is 6 weeks.

Choupo-Mouting who has played one or two matches with Cameroon at the start of June starts on July 12th. That is about 5 weeks since the last match.

The French and most German starters in the Euros begin on July 26th - about 4 weeks after their last match. Lewandowski starts the same day and had 5/6 more days.

Neuer, Kimmich and Müller start July 31st - with the same number of free days Lewandowski got.

So it is 6 weeks for the ones without matches - 4 weeks for the others. Exception are 4 players that had the highest workload last season and are expected to have the same this season - they get an additional 5 days.

The 1st matchday for the league is the around August 14th/15th for the EPL, La Liga and Bundesliga. France starts a week earlier. Italy?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think the finalists and semi finalists will get 3 weeks, seem to remember that being the usual number, which means they'd come back August 2nd, then need a few weeks to get up to speed.

For United, that would mean no Maguire, Shaw, Rashford, Sancho, De Gea, Fred for the first game or possibly 2 games if they need 3 full weeks of training to get up to speed.

GMoore23

I'd give Maguire, Shaw, Bruno and Fred leave until August 10th then when they're fit they're fit.
I'd also give Cavani an extended rest as he's near 35 and don't want him getting niggling injuries all season.

Henderson
Bissaka - Lindelof - Tuanzebe/New - Telles
Mctominay - Pogba/New
VDB
Greenwood - Martial - Sancho

That's a good enough side to hold the fort a couple of weeks until the others are fit again.