How would you like us to approach the Liverpool game?

Roane

Problem is anything ETH tries here is enforced due to injuries and suspensions.

However I would have liked to see a two of Mainoo, Casa, Amrabat in the last few games. For me this is a must. Simply because any MFer with Bruno and McT has to do the work of 2/3 people and that is why opposition just glide through us.

Also Hojlund can't hold the ball up very well currently. Neither can Rashford although he is better at running with it. Martial can.

Problem is Martial never plays with Hojlund. But needs someone like him next to him. Rashford doesn't have a strikers mindset. Hojlund does and makes space and runs which I believe compliment Martial more.

Based on the above I would play a 442.

Antony Mainoo Amrabat Garnacho in MF and Martial and Hojlund up top.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Problem is anything ETH tries here is enforced due to injuries and suspensions.

However I would have liked to see a two of Mainoo, Casa, Amrabat in the last few games. For me this is a must. Simply because any MF with Bruno and McT has to do the work of 2/3 people and that is why opposition just flide through us.

Also Hojlund can't hold the ball up very well currently. Neither can Rashford although he is better at running with it. Martial can.

Problem is Martial never plays with Hojlund. But needs someone like him next to him. Rashford doesn't have a strikers mindset. Hojlund does and makes space and runs which I believe compliment Martial more.

Based on the above I would play a 442.

Antony Mainoo Amrabat Garnacho in MF and Martial and Hojlund up top.
Casemiro is injured?

Roane

Casemiro is injured?
Yes he has been. What I was trying to say, because of injuries and suspensions, we have never played two of those 3 as a 2 in MF.

In recent games Mainoo has replaced Amrabat or vice versa when in fact, I believe they should have both started.

If they both start tomorrow it was enforced and I always feel that player need time together on the pitch to read each others game etc. IF it doesn't work it will be more this (not played together) than they can't, of that make sense

Lee565

Everyone within the media is expecting us to play like relegation fodder and just sit deep and ping long balls for our wingers and forward to hopelessly chased down, that will end in a pathetic spineless defeat.

The only thing that could give encouragement to the fans
Is if he just floods the midfield and sacrifices a few attacking players and actually put up a good midfield battle against Liverpool.

Considering his ability on the ball being better than some of our actual midfielders I would like to us utilise evans as defensive midfielder for the game just like we use to see o'shea and Jones under fergie in such games and actually bring a bit of protection to the back 4 for the first time this season.

DavidDeSchmikes

with a plan.

Not just allowing Liverpool to run through us like other teams have done this season

Jeffthered

Liverpool haven't looked the best defensive unit, not sure many teams are really secure, maybe Arsenal with Saliba who's been excellent.. but you can get at them too. So I would make sure we carry a threat.. play quick, powerful players... play SMT, but Mainoo, alongside Amrabat, congest the deeper midfield area .. I'd probably just play Rashford behind Rasmus and Garnacho. Rashford could get on the ball more, in between the lines .. turn and attack their goal from a central position. Just tell Garnacho and Rasmus to hustle, bustle. I wouldn't play with much width when we have the ball, because we don't cross the ball anyway. Need to try and slip through balls through the two forwards. That would be my approach.

cyberman

Attack. We aren’t getting a result either way so gives us something to look back on.